Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Im back on NoX

• Ok so my computer was down for a long ass time. I re-installed and backed up EVERYTHING so i should have less troubles in the future. Ill be in the servers in while. Hope to see friendly faces and the awesome updates on ZS. see you there!

Also Im Still Running XP. If anyone still runs XP can they let me know how helpfull service pack 3 is.

• Ok so my computer was down for a long ass time. I re-installed and backed up EVERYTHING so i should have less troubles in the future. Ill be in the servers in while. Hope to see friendly faces and the awesome updates on ZS. see you there!

Also Im Still Running XP. If anyone still runs XP can they let me know how helpfull service pack 3 is.

• Took you that long to fix your comp?

• I had to get a New HDD and build a new external drive since mine fried. Honestly, Ive been kinda busy with future soldier training and school since Im graduating early, so I have to work extra hard

• XP still sucks, SP3 has no benefit for playing ZS if that’s what you’re asking.

• @je3perscre3pers:

I had to get a New HDD

And you cant afford windows 7? At least buy vista dude. Xp is the new windows 98 now

• Ew no, don’t “atleast” get vista. Stay with windows XP until yo can get Windows 7 Ultimate.

• Get Windows 7, Use the 120 days trial.

• @Zincoshine:

It took Lord two years to fix his computer.
    It is absolutely worthless and you won’t be able to play ZS without crashing every half hour from a memory leak.

Get windows 7, that will fix the problem. If you can’t then goodbye.

windows 7 uses 30% less energy than xp to.

• What does ram have to do with boot times?

Post more info, you’re not nerd enough.

• @Zincoshine:

It is absolutely worthless and you won’t be able to play ZS without crashing every half hour from a memory leak.

Get windows 7, that will fix the problem. If you can’t then goodbye.

What are you talking about? I’m still on XP and it’s fine. Boots faster than 7 too.

• Oh acer. You better reformat bro.

• @Panasonic:

What are you talking about? I’m still on XP and it’s fine. Boots faster than 7 too.

Panasonic ma boy you don’t play anymore

• @Panasonic:

Protip: only reason windows 7 would load slower is if you allow windows to do it’s regular crazy amount of prefetching. 
    DoubleProTip: Don’t shutdown, go to standby mode.  Power requirements are extremely low and you save even more time on bootup.

• What the fuck are you talking about

• @Zincoshine:

And risk fucking up my laptop? I’ll have to buy windows 7 or pirate it and then do stuff so trial doesn’t expire and then drivers and AAAAAA.

Here’s a secret
    Acer installs shit that just slows down your laptop.I bet they installed norton backup and mcafee too. When I got mine I just had to, it was running so slow.
    All you really have to do is download windows 7, and double click an exe and it’s activated.

It would probably be better if I just took it to someone trustworthy and heavily experienced with computers. I know one guy, he lives in a studentbolig with a friend. I think you know him too…
    Tell me what services to disable and what negative outcome may come from disabling each.

Really? You’re too dumb to burn windows 7 to a dvd and reformat a computer?
    Drivers? www.acer.com dumbass. Select your laptop and download the drivers. Double click the .exes.

My grandmother said to me once. “Hey there’s no way you can teach me how this remote works. I’m too dumb”. And that’s the way people act now. They are computer illiterate and they stay that way because they never challenge anything.

• Windows 7 isn’t any better than Vista considering 7 is highly based on it.

• I thought that Windows 7 was highly based off Server 2008 (Judging by it’s networking) and some small implications from Vista

• @Kenny:

Windows 7 isn’t any better than Vista considering 7 is highly based on it.

Haven’t encountered the problems Vista had yet.

• My point. It’s just a heavily modified kernel, albeit still a vista kernel I suppose    :action-smiley-003:

Users

Topics