Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Stun grenades

• A tier 4 weapon that stuns zombies in a certain radius, each zombie killed while stuned will grant you assited points.
    What do you think? Since there are only 2 tier 4 weapons.
    Max

• A tier 4 weapon that stuns zombies in a certain radius, each zombie killed while stuned will grant you assited points.
    What do you think? Since there are only 2 tier 4 weapons.
    Max

• lag grenades? Good idea.  :uglylaugh:

• so exactly why are these on par with regular grenades that kill instead of stun

• so exactly why are these on par with regular grenades that kill instead of stun

The only foreseeable way I can see this is if the stun grenades came in greater number, and also caused an increase of damage received from bullets and melee.

And even then, it’d still be a little gimmicky.

If any grenades were added, I’d think flame/napalm grenades would be a nice addition. But what do I know?

• They could come in a lower number (-1) but they’d all blow up when you get hit clawed by a zombie. Now that would be great.

• It might be really annoying for zombies to randomly not be able to move for 5 seconds, actually nevermind- it will be.

• It’s annoying getting blown up as a zombie behind a door next to the human cade with a HE grenade. Sometimes humans get 10+ kills with one grenade or just 1 kill. And being stunned doesn’t mean you are going to die, yet again a different effect in a way to die though thats the points of having different weapons.

Well, the stun grenades will have to be balanced of course, having the right amount of stun grenades and the effectiveness to even it with the HE grenades.

• @MaXn00bPwNeR:

It’s annoying getting blown up as a zombie behind a door next to the human cade with a HE grenade.

if you listen closely, no matter how much background noise there is (guns shooting zombies yelling) you can always hear the HE grenade rolling sound and just walk away

• Or you can shoot the zombie’s legs.

• Grenades are so bad, I throw one and it’ll roll either ten miles to the left or ten miles to the right, and somehow blow me up. It’s confetti to the zombies and a nuke to the thrower. And when I do succeed with it all I get are lousy assists or two point headcrabs

• @Big:

Grenades are so bad, I throw one and it’ll roll either ten miles to the left or ten miles to the right, and somehow blow me up. It’s confetti to the zombies and a nuke to the thrower. And when I do succeed with it all I get are lousy assists or two point headcrabs

lrn2sourcephysics

• @MeatShake:

It might be really annoying for zombies to randomly not be able to move for 5 seconds, actually nevermind- it will be.

Agreed.

Bullet knockback is - while very handy for the humans - annoying as hell for zombies. Especially when your speed slows to a crawl and you can’t even get close enough to attack the cade despite it just being over there.

I can imagine stun grenades being even worse - being frozen in front of a cade while humans practice ironsighting your head would be frustrating for zombies. Plus stun grenades will always be low tier compared to normal nades. I want to kill zombies, not stun them.

I think throwable sticky mines would be a better nade alternative. Mines would be the ultimate counter against organised zombie rushes, but a smart zombie would organise for a fast headcrab to trigger them instead. Well played! Plus I’m sure someone can think up a good strategy that involves sticky mines and props.

• Grenades are only bad because jet never added a secondary “drop grenade” attack like in hl2 and the primary attack throws them from america to norway.

• that and the fact that they can’t 1shot poisonzombies

• @Sarcasticus:

lrn2sourcephysics

too bad the thing fucking whirls more than meatspin and trying to get it to ricochet off a wall or something will usually just back-fire and kill you

Users

Topics