Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

More zs maps that need to go

• I am requesting the removal of these maps.

am_karpas or whatever it’s called. It has a secret room and a semmi long walk to 2 css grey shelves in a hallway. Also zombie spawn is within 2 feet of human spawn.

virus_labs. It has 2 cading spots, vents that I consider an exploit (nailed prop required for entry) and a room full of vending machines thats far away from zombie spawn. It’s very boring and not fun as a human or zombie.

urbandecay. This could be fixed with a blast door but it has the equivilant of 10 mile long vents.

vault_106. Point_template blue shelves are unbreakable and zombies get lost in the brown.

plaza. Just remove this already. No removal of X door can fix this horrible map.

macd_island_17. This map is covered in zombie spawns, the water teleports all physical entities to human spawn causing physics lag in some cases, and any viable cading spot was turned into a zombie spawn because of hallway syndrome.

• I am requesting the removal of these maps.

am_karpas or whatever it’s called. It has a secret room and a semmi long walk to 2 css grey shelves in a hallway. Also zombie spawn is within 2 feet of human spawn.

virus_labs. It has 2 cading spots, vents that I consider an exploit (nailed prop required for entry) and a room full of vending machines thats far away from zombie spawn. It’s very boring and not fun as a human or zombie.

urbandecay. This could be fixed with a blast door but it has the equivilant of 10 mile long vents.

vault_106. Point_template blue shelves are unbreakable and zombies get lost in the brown.

plaza. Just remove this already. No removal of X door can fix this horrible map.

macd_island_17. This map is covered in zombie spawns, the water teleports all physical entities to human spawn causing physics lag in some cases, and any viable cading spot was turned into a zombie spawn because of hallway syndrome.

• 1. Kapras can be solved with a blast door on the secret room.
    2. 2 barricade spots? Theres a ton of viable spots. Also i never see anyone use the vents anymore, and the vent spot is close to the zombie spawn.
    3. There is nothing wrong with urban decay, but a new urban decay can be found here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=108525
    4. Modesty is fixing this. But a temporary fix can be an lua that removes the point_templates off vault.
    5. The new spot is a seemingly short walk for the zombies and the zombies can always rush and flesh throw that little spot. It’s also one of the few mall maps we have, if that means anything.
    6. Yes

• God, Island is basically 3-4 rounds of people running in circles around the map with a knife until someone figures heading them off will stop them.

• I only agree with you on Virus Labs and Macd Island. I haven’t seen any easy wins on Vault 106 since modesty fixed it. But someone may be able to exploit with the shelves. (It’s unlikely, cores on Checkpoint were unbreakable and no one ever exploited that.) Kaparas could have the human spawn moved. Plaza is fine, I don’t know what you’re on about.

IMO we need to have XCCR fixed. The walk to the human cading area is extremely long.

• Just to make things clear, the indestructible blue-shelves were not intended, and I was actually hoping they would be motion-disabled. I do have the fix ready though, I’m just waiting to fix a few other maps along with it.

• (It’s unlikely, cores on Checkpoint were unbreakable and no one ever exploited that

:secret:

• zs_necrotic_v3 needs to go, or or at least have the human spawns fixed. As it is, all humans spawn under the map.

• zs_nexus_v2. I Fucked up with this one.

• Another one needs to go, zs_office. It is very hallway ish.

• So any map with a hallway should go? No.

Office might be a hallway, but it’s extremely close to a zombie spawn and i’ve never seen that small room win. Probably because it’s narrow and theres no way to escape a huge horde of zombies when they bust in.

• google says the StonedPotato servers have it

• macd is bad, vault is bad, and virus is the worst.

Sitting in those vents with a board plank to guard for 6 waves is really, really boring.
    I find vault visually annoying, the dark, and the colors wear on my retina – and the unbreakable blue shelves are massively exploitable

• Vents can be accessed by a human going behind the zombie spawn. Virus is fine, it’s not even like the vents are overpowered since the spot they pick in the vents is close to the zspawn.  Incase you forgot, boards are terrible props to use for a main barricade and can easily be poison raped if the zombies are smart enough to group up and rush.

• It’s not like that spot ever wins, it’s always 4 or 5 people who actually managed not to fall to their deaths trying to get up there before the zombies start chasing after everyone.

• winnable or not … sitting there shooting at zombie feet for 5 -6 waves is pretty bad

• It’s a good thing the humans die before wave 4 most of the time in the vents.

• @pandafallout:

winnable or not … sitting there shooting at zombie feet for 5 -6 waves is pretty bad

So don’t go in there then, let the idiots that do be bored for a few waves until they die.

• @Someone:

I am requesting the removal of these maps.

Actually in virus labs, if you are quick, There is a laboratory with green gas in it and it has a vent entrance there.

• @MeatShake:

So don’t go in there then, let the idiots that do be bored for a few waves until they die.

protip: you will also be bored waiting

Users

Topics