Voluntary Half-Zombie

• The normal zombie, as of now, has no function for the reload key.  My thought is that holding it down for, say, five seconds would allow a zombie to split into the torso- maybe executing the same animation as a stumble, followed by a break.  Due to the tiny jump height torsos get, they wouldn’t be able to exploit holes higher up in barricades.

Maybe not the most game-changing update, but it would make cading a level’s vents and other map-based crab holes more important, and give the human team a reason to keep a line of sight to the very base of their barricade ( For Example, when cading with couches to block off a hallway.  The five second execution time would prevent accidental execution and make it only used deliberately, for a specific purpose such as exploiting weaknesses in a randomly cobbled together barricade.

I’ve heard ZS regulars wish they could do this at times, and I’ve returned the sentiment. Just something to ponder.

• The normal zombie, as of now, has no function for the reload key.  My thought is that holding it down for, say, five seconds would allow a zombie to split into the torso- maybe executing the same animation as a stumble, followed by a break.  Due to the tiny jump height torsos get, they wouldn’t be able to exploit holes higher up in barricades.

Maybe not the most game-changing update, but it would make cading a level’s vents and other map-based crab holes more important, and give the human team a reason to keep a line of sight to the very base of their barricade ( For Example, when cading with couches to block off a hallway.  The five second execution time would prevent accidental execution and make it only used deliberately, for a specific purpose such as exploiting weaknesses in a randomly cobbled together barricade.

I’ve heard ZS regulars wish they could do this at times, and I’ve returned the sentiment. Just something to ponder.

• A better suggestion would be to have a torso fast zombie. Just like a how a normal zombie can go torso.

• Or both. ZS is getting to easy for humans anyways. We’ve had at least five wins this week, and that’s only while I’ve been on.

• Fast zombie torsos are from Episode 1, not Halflife2.

• As soon as humans start winning every 10 rounds or so- ZS TOO EASY!!!

Shut up.

• Banned

You’re not supposed to win.

• As soon as humans start winning every 10 rounds or so- ZS TOO EASY!!!

Hush

• @Modestyiswimpy:

Fast zombie torsos are from Episode 1, not Halflife2.

Episode 2 actually.
    Edit
    Nevermind

• Hold r to toss your legs!!

@MeatShake:

As soon as humans start winning every 10 rounds or so- ZS TOO EASY!!!

Two wins a day are enough.

• @Zetanor:

Hold r to toss your legs!!

I laff’d

Anyways, pretty useless idea considering torsos get killed by 1 hit from pretty much anything.

Also, I can see it now. We’re on an easy map like plaza or something, and a few people get randomly selected for first zombies. Instead of actually trying they just fuck around as a torso.

• I disagree too, you already break in half when you’re shot in the torso.

• The only thing a torso is good for is to bring down a barricade with a blind spot. If there is no blind spot then the torso is an easy kill, along with being an easy kill that move’s slow and can’t jump with 40 health.

• Headcrabs do prop damage as well, them being much smaller than torsos.

• Headcrabs do prop damage as well, them being much smaller than torsos.

How much damage does a headcrab do to props? Four? I think the zombie torso does a bit more.

• Best idea I’ve seen in a while.

Torsos should have 100 hp instead of 40, also.

• Banned

Knew you would like it.

• This sounds like a fun idea.

It wont really improve anything, but is also wont hurt either.

I can imagine it now, dozens of zombie torsos bursting through airvents and crawling into rooms.

Good god, that’s actually kind of horrifying.

• torso’s can’t climb stairs in most maps

• I like the move towards giving every zombie a special mouse2 ability.
    fasties lunge, poisons shoot/throw poison, wraiths scream.

You hold mouse2 as normal zombie to break into just a torso, which halves your current health.
    Advantages are chasing down humans (torsos move faster), attacking a cade from a blind spot.
    Disadvantages include you do less damage as torso, no revive chance, and you are more likely to be shot (humans always prioritise torso zombies hoping for easy points).

Seems fair.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.