ZS dropped items and rsos

• So I played a round on thepub today and noticed more reliable snapshot overflows than usual. The round started on a nearly full server and as usual, people put no effort into stopping the zombies from entering and 20 ish people died. Then people began to rso on connect. I am guessing that all of the dropped items from the dead people contributed to this. Reactor also suffers from this (massive amount of people dying and dropping items early in the game). My idea is that after 1-2 minutes, a dropped item (weapon, ammo, etc) dissappears. This should help to reduce rsos when the server is full.

• So I played a round on thepub today and noticed more reliable snapshot overflows than usual. The round started on a nearly full server and as usual, people put no effort into stopping the zombies from entering and 20 ish people died. Then people began to rso on connect. I am guessing that all of the dropped items from the dead people contributed to this. Reactor also suffers from this (massive amount of people dying and dropping items early in the game). My idea is that after 1-2 minutes, a dropped item (weapon, ammo, etc) dissappears. This should help to reduce rsos when the server is full.

• Dropped shit causes me to lag like a mofo.

• Is it possible to just add a maximum visibility radius to items?

• That prolly won’t matter Modesty since that doesn’t actually make the item disappear to your computer.

• The model and overlay isn’t rendered outside the maximum distance, and I’m pretty sure the server handles the location of the entity. So no, it would make it disappear/not-render.

• All the drops are near the human spawns.

• Would make Ambush less “5 FPS” by the end of the game.

• @Modestyiswimpy:

make it disappear/not-render

What does that have to do with RSO?

• @Modestyiswimpy:

The model and overlay isn’t rendered outside the maximum distance, and I’m pretty sure the server handles the location of the entity. So no, it would make it disappear/not-render.

It wouldn’t render but it’s still getting sent to you so it wouldn’t do anything about rso.

RSO is basically when too much stuff is being sent to a person at once. The snapshot of information is too big for the buffer, so you get an overflow instead of fucking up the server/client. Or something like that.

• I did not know that

• Banned

Stop dying.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.