Event: Tiberian Sun

• The “Tiberian Sun” Event

Host: Chubfish

When: August 16th, Monday, 8PM GMT.

Thanks to ReXeN for the banner.

REMEMBER! This game is  FREE  and so anyone can participate.

UPDATE: Matchups have now been done. If you are participating check the bottom of this post so you know your teams matchup.

Intro

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun is a free RTS game. It is much more stable than its predecessors which is mainly why I chose it.

The multiplayer in this game works like a lobby. Because XWIS took over Tiberian Sun’s servers, you can host games on it, which are visible to anyone. This will make joining games easy.

The event will be in the style of a tournament like the last one, except this time it will be in teams of 2. You can even have your own team name.

READ THE RULES AND BASICS SECTIONS OF THE EVENT BEFORE SIGNING UP.

Basics:

The game will be the ORIGINAL Tiberian Sun, not the expansion.

There are 2 factions in this game. One is GDI - the other is Nod. Both have their advantages and disadvantages against each other.

The aim of the game is simple; command your forces and conquer the enemy before they conquer you.

It’d be best if you played the singleplayer missions a bit, they’re pretty straightforward and teach you alot of basic things.

You have a week if you haven’t played before, which is more than enough time to get used to it.

Hosting for this game is VERY easy and reliable.

How to play: (READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY!)

You will need Tiberian Sun. This game is FREE! Don’t get EA’s version because it’s bad. Instead get this one:

http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

To make multiplayer work, don’t install the LAN patch (videos are optional but not needed either).

When launching the game, run it as an administrator.

When in game, pick the original Tiberian Sun (without Firestorm) and click Internet, then just type a name and password in the field.

Don’t click new account.

It should take you to XWIS’ servers when you click “OK”, which means it works:

Rules:

• WE ARE USING THE ORIGINAL TIBERIAN SUN, NOT FIRESTORM.

• There will be limited slots for 16 players. Maybe one or two substitute teams but only post after all the slots are filled for these positions.

• The 16 players will enter 4 2v2 matches.

• The 8 winners from this will then enter 2 more 2v2 matches.

• The 4 winners will then enter a 2v2 match.

• The last 2 people left will then enter a 1v1 match to decide the 1st place winner.

• The faction you pick (GDI or Nod) will have to be used throughout the whole event.

• The person you’re paired with must be with you throughout the whole event. Your choice on who that person is.

• Crates will be ON. I’m sick of catering to people who want them off, just don’t use them if they explode and kill your army.

• Fog of war OFF.

• Tech level will be 10.

• Game Speed will be 4.

• 5500 credits.

• Hosts will randomly choose a map. It doesn’t matter what it’s on. No custom maps however.

• Un-allying with your teammate is not allowed fullstop. You MUST remain allied with them till the final match. You can’t just crush them before the final match.

• <NEW>: Short game ON. This means when all your buildings are destroyed you lose the game. This should prevent units camping the edge of the screen or above water or something dumb.

• Anyone not following the rules will be disqualified. Report anyone to me. This includes bad hosts.

Prizes:**

1st Place: 150k silver and the “Won Contest” award.

2nd Place: 75k silver.
    3rd Place (2 people will get this):** 25K silver.

All players who participated and got past the first 2 rounds will recieve a “Gold Star” award.

Sign-ups:

This will be done in pairs. 2 people in each team. You will randomly face another team in the event.

Just post your team name, players in your team and faction you will play as.

You can have 1 GDI player and 1 Nod player or 2 GDI players or 2 Nod players if you like.

Teams Left: ALL SLOTS TAKEN

Team 1 - Red Alert Generals of the Tiberium Sun

ReXeN (GDI)
    Noxusfreeze (GDI)

Team 2 - Racecar

Numbers (Nod)
    Duff (Nod)

Team 3 - The Black Hand

WarRage (Nod)
    Takara (Nod)

Team 4 - The Destruction of the Eastern Kingdoms (aka TDotEK)

PowerPinch (GDI)
    Herry the Headcrab (GDI)

Team 5 - Globally Defenestrated Initiative

Chubfish (GDI)
    captainzaku (Nod)

Team 6 - Kane Lives In Death

Naelstrof (GDI)
    Minimoose (GDI)

Team 7 - “A” Team

itzTheresa (GDI)
    Joo. (GDI)

Team 8 - The Faggots

Soda Odyssey (GDI)
    Vaba (Nod)

Matchups

ROUND ONE

Match 1 OVER:

Red Alert Generals of the Tiberium Sun  won by default.

Match 2 OVER:

Racecar won by playing.

Match 3 OVER:**

Globally Defenestrated Initiative** won by playing.

Match 4 OVER:

Kane Lives In Death won by playing.

ROUND TWO

Match 1 OVER

Kane Lives In Death won by playing; other team also forfeit after the first 1v1 match.

Match 2 OVER

Racecar won by playing.

ROUND THREE

Semi-final

Racecar won.

FINAL

Numbers won against his teammate.

• The “Tiberian Sun” Event

Host: Chubfish

When: August 16th, Monday, 8PM GMT.

Thanks to ReXeN for the banner.

REMEMBER! This game is  FREE  and so anyone can participate.

UPDATE: Matchups have now been done. If you are participating check the bottom of this post so you know your teams matchup.

Intro

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun is a free RTS game. It is much more stable than its predecessors which is mainly why I chose it.

The multiplayer in this game works like a lobby. Because XWIS took over Tiberian Sun’s servers, you can host games on it, which are visible to anyone. This will make joining games easy.

The event will be in the style of a tournament like the last one, except this time it will be in teams of 2. You can even have your own team name.

READ THE RULES AND BASICS SECTIONS OF THE EVENT BEFORE SIGNING UP.

Basics:

The game will be the ORIGINAL Tiberian Sun, not the expansion.

There are 2 factions in this game. One is GDI - the other is Nod. Both have their advantages and disadvantages against each other.

The aim of the game is simple; command your forces and conquer the enemy before they conquer you.

It’d be best if you played the singleplayer missions a bit, they’re pretty straightforward and teach you alot of basic things.

You have a week if you haven’t played before, which is more than enough time to get used to it.

Hosting for this game is VERY easy and reliable.

How to play: (READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY!)

You will need Tiberian Sun. This game is FREE! Don’t get EA’s version because it’s bad. Instead get this one:

http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

To make multiplayer work, don’t install the LAN patch (videos are optional but not needed either).

When launching the game, run it as an administrator.

When in game, pick the original Tiberian Sun (without Firestorm) and click Internet, then just type a name and password in the field.

Don’t click new account.

It should take you to XWIS’ servers when you click “OK”, which means it works:

Rules:

• WE ARE USING THE ORIGINAL TIBERIAN SUN, NOT FIRESTORM.

• There will be limited slots for 16 players. Maybe one or two substitute teams but only post after all the slots are filled for these positions.

• The 16 players will enter 4 2v2 matches.

• The 8 winners from this will then enter 2 more 2v2 matches.

• The 4 winners will then enter a 2v2 match.

• The last 2 people left will then enter a 1v1 match to decide the 1st place winner.

• The faction you pick (GDI or Nod) will have to be used throughout the whole event.

• The person you’re paired with must be with you throughout the whole event. Your choice on who that person is.

• Crates will be ON. I’m sick of catering to people who want them off, just don’t use them if they explode and kill your army.

• Fog of war OFF.

• Tech level will be 10.

• Game Speed will be 4.

• 5500 credits.

• Hosts will randomly choose a map. It doesn’t matter what it’s on. No custom maps however.

• Un-allying with your teammate is not allowed fullstop. You MUST remain allied with them till the final match. You can’t just crush them before the final match.

• <NEW>: Short game ON. This means when all your buildings are destroyed you lose the game. This should prevent units camping the edge of the screen or above water or something dumb.

• Anyone not following the rules will be disqualified. Report anyone to me. This includes bad hosts.

Prizes:**

1st Place: 150k silver and the “Won Contest” award.

2nd Place: 75k silver.
    3rd Place (2 people will get this):** 25K silver.

All players who participated and got past the first 2 rounds will recieve a “Gold Star” award.

Sign-ups:

This will be done in pairs. 2 people in each team. You will randomly face another team in the event.

Just post your team name, players in your team and faction you will play as.

You can have 1 GDI player and 1 Nod player or 2 GDI players or 2 Nod players if you like.

Teams Left: ALL SLOTS TAKEN

Team 1 - Red Alert Generals of the Tiberium Sun

ReXeN (GDI)
    Noxusfreeze (GDI)

Team 2 - Racecar

Numbers (Nod)
    Duff (Nod)

Team 3 - The Black Hand

WarRage (Nod)
    Takara (Nod)

Team 4 - The Destruction of the Eastern Kingdoms (aka TDotEK)

PowerPinch (GDI)
    Herry the Headcrab (GDI)

Team 5 - Globally Defenestrated Initiative

Chubfish (GDI)
    captainzaku (Nod)

Team 6 - Kane Lives In Death

Naelstrof (GDI)
    Minimoose (GDI)

Team 7 - “A” Team

itzTheresa (GDI)
    Joo. (GDI)

Team 8 - The Faggots

Soda Odyssey (GDI)
    Vaba (Nod)

Matchups

ROUND ONE

Match 1 OVER:

Red Alert Generals of the Tiberium Sun  won by default.

Match 2 OVER:

Racecar won by playing.

Match 3 OVER:**

Globally Defenestrated Initiative** won by playing.

Match 4 OVER:

Kane Lives In Death won by playing.

ROUND TWO

Match 1 OVER

Kane Lives In Death won by playing; other team also forfeit after the first 1v1 match.

Match 2 OVER

Racecar won by playing.

ROUND THREE

Semi-final

Racecar won.

FINAL

Numbers won against his teammate.

• ReXeN(GDI), Noxusfreeze(GDI)

Team name: Red Alert Generals of the Tiberium Sun

• Count me in, I’ll be NOD this time, for Kane. My team member is Duff.

• WarRage (NOD) and Takara (NOD)

Team name: The Black Hand

Kane lives in death!

• could you possibly change the date to a weekend because during the last few weeks of august I have pre-season for soccer.  If not then i guess I can’t play and if you can then I’m willing to team with anyone.

• I would pick Sunday but I don’t know if I’m busy then. Tomorrow I will know for sure.

• Theresa and I both GDI, name undecided

• Chubfish and Eisiger as GDI, for team GOD DAMN IT

• since we’re in teams don’t you need the allow allies option checked? or does it work differently for tournament.

• Yeah it’s going to be on in the game. I just need to edit the picture.

Done.

• name: wait, when?

ghostwork-nod
    naelstrof- gdi

• -snip-

• name: Leprechauns with guns

Zanril - Nod
    DarkFate - Nod

• -snip-

• PowerPinch gave me an interesting situation where the ally of a team could build an MCV and allow their teammate to recapture it with an Engineer by un-allying with them briefly, so they had another base.

I don’t really know whether to allow this or not. I might just make it so if you un-ally with your teammate for any reason you aren’t a team anymore or if you win you’re disqualified because it makes you have to fight one less round to win the event.  Besides, it’s rare to have an Engineer if your base is destroyed unless you were going to repair it after attacks.

If I allowed this it wouldn’t really make much difference because you’re defenseless and unless your ally had another army to spare you’re pretty much dead.

Update: I’m adding “un-allying with your teammate to allow them to take over your own base structures is not allowed” as a rule.

• My name is Naelstrok, and I- oh wait.

• Baw, thats a legit tactic. Oh well.

• LOL

• hey uhm, i got a dissapointment cuz i won’t be able to compete cuz i have a birthday from a friend on that day

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.