Event: Command And Conquer

• The “Command and Conquer” Event
    When: August 7th, Saturday at 8PM GMT**

Event Organiser: Chubfish

Thanks to ReXeN for the banner.

Intro:

Command and Conquer 95 (or C&C95) is an old RTS game that is now free. However, it had a recent (2009) unofficial update that fixed many bugs and allowed it to function on Windows Vista/7.

There is also now working multiplayer for the game for up to 6 players using “CNCNet” - a tool that allows you to play “network” games online.

With this in mind, I thought a good idea would be to host a tournament for this game…with some prizes too.

**Basics:

There are 2 factions in this game. One is GDI - the other is Nod. Both have their advantages and disadvantages against each other.

The aim of the game is simple; command your forces and conquer the enemy before they conquer you.

It’d be best if you played the singleplayer missions a bit, they’re pretty straightforward and teach you alot of basic things.

Rules:

• There will be limited slots for 12 players.

• The 12 players will enter 4 1v1v1 matches against each other, with the players in each being random.

• The 4 winners from the matches will then enter 2 1v1 matches, again the players being random.

• The 2 winners from those matches will then have a final 1v1 match against each other until we have 1 final winner.

• The faction you have picked (GDI or Nod) will have to be used throughout the WHOLE event. You can’t be GDI for one match and then Nod for another.

• The Tech Level of the game will always be 7 (meaning every building/unit can be built on each side).

• Crates will be on for the matches, for now. There isn’t really any upside to getting them unless you’re extremely lucky.

• The amount of starting units will be 0 and the amount of starting credits will be 5000. This should make matches last a bit longer.

• Tiberium spawning will be turned on.

• Bases only. No other mode will be used (no CTF, Mobile HQ or No Bases).

• The map will be randomly chosen for the match you have been put in and the host will be told to use that except for the final match, which will be on Green Acres.

• There will be 4 hosts, post if you want to be one. You will have to set up the game to the rules shown and there should only be 4 games with 4 players in each at the start.

• Anyone not following the rules will be disqualified. Report anyone to me.

• Any host not following the rules in the first 4 matches will result in someone else hosting the match and them being disqualified. This will create a 3 player game, but it will work the same.

• If a host doesn’t follow the rules in the matches after the first 4 matches, they are automically disqualifed and the other player is taken to the next round.
      Here is a screenshot of how your game should look if you set it up correctly:**

Prizes:**

1st Place: 100k silver, a title based on the faction the player won the event with.

2nd place: 50k silver, a title based on the faction the player won the event with.

Joint 3rd Place (2 people will get this): 25K silver, a title based on the faction the player won the event with.

All players who participated will recieve a gold star, this doesn’t include substitutes who don’t participate.

How to play:

**1 - You’ll need Command and Conquer 95. You can get this from here:
    http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/cc95v106b_r2_full.exe

This version is fully up to date and should run on Windows Vista/7. You could test it by playing the first singleplayer mission of either faction. If you have trouble check the issues section.

2 - You will need CNCNet, which you can get here:**

http://cncnet.cnc-comm.com/?page=downloads

…and follow this guide to get it working:

http://cncnet.cnc-comm.com/?page=setup

3 - If you can port forward manually you wont need to use UPNP Tool, but if you can’t, just click “Get all port mappings” and then “Map my port” in the UPNP tool.

After you have done this, you are pretty much set up to play multiplayer C&C games. You probably wont even need to do Step 1 of the guide.

Known Issues and Fixes:**

On the first 2 missions in each faction, the map is actually too small for the resolution and it causes graphical bugs. You can fix this by opening the options menu and closing it again.

This wont happen in multiplayer however, because the maps are all too big for it to happen.

Another bug is an uncommon colour glitch, which inverts some of the colours in the game upon start up. Apparently alt-tabbing fixes it but I know a permanent fix. If you want it, just ask.

Other than that, I don’t know of any more issues with the game that haven’t been fixed already. If you find one, post it here.

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have already gotten some people playing the game, so I know the multiplayer works if you set it up correctly.

If you have any more troubles with setting this all up then ask me in this thread or PM me, but there shouldn’t really be any more issues.

UPDATE: This event is finished. There were no winners and I’m going to do a Tiberian Sun event for next week, with information coming out tomorrow. Same prizes, different titles, similar rules.**

• The “Command and Conquer” Event
    When: August 7th, Saturday at 8PM GMT**

Event Organiser: Chubfish

Thanks to ReXeN for the banner.

Intro:

Command and Conquer 95 (or C&C95) is an old RTS game that is now free. However, it had a recent (2009) unofficial update that fixed many bugs and allowed it to function on Windows Vista/7.

There is also now working multiplayer for the game for up to 6 players using “CNCNet” - a tool that allows you to play “network” games online.

With this in mind, I thought a good idea would be to host a tournament for this game…with some prizes too.

**Basics:

There are 2 factions in this game. One is GDI - the other is Nod. Both have their advantages and disadvantages against each other.

The aim of the game is simple; command your forces and conquer the enemy before they conquer you.

It’d be best if you played the singleplayer missions a bit, they’re pretty straightforward and teach you alot of basic things.

Rules:

• There will be limited slots for 12 players.

• The 12 players will enter 4 1v1v1 matches against each other, with the players in each being random.

• The 4 winners from the matches will then enter 2 1v1 matches, again the players being random.

• The 2 winners from those matches will then have a final 1v1 match against each other until we have 1 final winner.

• The faction you have picked (GDI or Nod) will have to be used throughout the WHOLE event. You can’t be GDI for one match and then Nod for another.

• The Tech Level of the game will always be 7 (meaning every building/unit can be built on each side).

• Crates will be on for the matches, for now. There isn’t really any upside to getting them unless you’re extremely lucky.

• The amount of starting units will be 0 and the amount of starting credits will be 5000. This should make matches last a bit longer.

• Tiberium spawning will be turned on.

• Bases only. No other mode will be used (no CTF, Mobile HQ or No Bases).

• The map will be randomly chosen for the match you have been put in and the host will be told to use that except for the final match, which will be on Green Acres.

• There will be 4 hosts, post if you want to be one. You will have to set up the game to the rules shown and there should only be 4 games with 4 players in each at the start.

• Anyone not following the rules will be disqualified. Report anyone to me.

• Any host not following the rules in the first 4 matches will result in someone else hosting the match and them being disqualified. This will create a 3 player game, but it will work the same.

• If a host doesn’t follow the rules in the matches after the first 4 matches, they are automically disqualifed and the other player is taken to the next round.
      Here is a screenshot of how your game should look if you set it up correctly:**

Prizes:**

1st Place: 100k silver, a title based on the faction the player won the event with.

2nd place: 50k silver, a title based on the faction the player won the event with.

Joint 3rd Place (2 people will get this): 25K silver, a title based on the faction the player won the event with.

All players who participated will recieve a gold star, this doesn’t include substitutes who don’t participate.

How to play:

**1 - You’ll need Command and Conquer 95. You can get this from here:
    http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/cc95v106b_r2_full.exe

This version is fully up to date and should run on Windows Vista/7. You could test it by playing the first singleplayer mission of either faction. If you have trouble check the issues section.

2 - You will need CNCNet, which you can get here:**

http://cncnet.cnc-comm.com/?page=downloads

…and follow this guide to get it working:

http://cncnet.cnc-comm.com/?page=setup

3 - If you can port forward manually you wont need to use UPNP Tool, but if you can’t, just click “Get all port mappings” and then “Map my port” in the UPNP tool.

After you have done this, you are pretty much set up to play multiplayer C&C games. You probably wont even need to do Step 1 of the guide.

Known Issues and Fixes:**

On the first 2 missions in each faction, the map is actually too small for the resolution and it causes graphical bugs. You can fix this by opening the options menu and closing it again.

This wont happen in multiplayer however, because the maps are all too big for it to happen.

Another bug is an uncommon colour glitch, which inverts some of the colours in the game upon start up. Apparently alt-tabbing fixes it but I know a permanent fix. If you want it, just ask.

Other than that, I don’t know of any more issues with the game that haven’t been fixed already. If you find one, post it here.

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have already gotten some people playing the game, so I know the multiplayer works if you set it up correctly.

If you have any more troubles with setting this all up then ask me in this thread or PM me, but there shouldn’t really be any more issues.

UPDATE: This event is finished. There were no winners and I’m going to do a Tiberian Sun event for next week, with information coming out tomorrow. Same prizes, different titles, similar rules.**

• red alert 2 is still way better.

• GDI

• @xRdJx:

red alert 2 is still way better.

Well it’s not free and I didn’t want to exclude people. That being said I could’ve probably picked something like Tiberium Sun since it’s free but I want to know the outcome of this event first.

• I’ll go on GDI.

• If I don’t have to work on saturday I will play NOD.

• Nod

• NOD

artillery > medium tanks lol

• NOD

• GDI for me.

• Still need 3 more hosts. By hosts I just mean people who can start a game and allow 3 more players to join, at least for the first 4 matches.

Even if no one wants to be one I will randomly pick 3.

• I should be able to do that.

• NOD as a subv

• zerg

oops

• @Chubfish:

Well it’s not free and I didn’t want to exclude people. That being said I could’ve probably picked something like Tiberium Sun since it’s free but I want to know the outcome of this event first.

but people still play tiberian sun competitively so Unique Members of The Community Whom Play Tiberian Sun such as myself would have an advantage

• Put me in for nod

• I will be a reserve and I will be NOD

• Nod all the way baby.

• Fuck my life. I need to be removed from the list, I miscalculated the date, and I can not attend. :(
    I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.