Publish 305

• Administrators

Zombie Survival

• Added world hints which work as flexible tool tips that appear in 3D space. Mappers can also use an entity version of them: point_worldhint. See the mapping thread for more info.

• Reconfigured gun damage to go with the bullet damage fix.

• Added zs_zombiedamagemultiplier convar. It’s basically a global damage multiplier.

• Removed the Strong buff.

• The game will now automatically make maps that are too easy more difficult by decreasing damage that zombies take. It must be played 30 times before it calculates this.

• Administrators

Zombie Survival

• Added world hints which work as flexible tool tips that appear in 3D space. Mappers can also use an entity version of them: point_worldhint. See the mapping thread for more info.

• Reconfigured gun damage to go with the bullet damage fix.

• Added zs_zombiedamagemultiplier convar. It’s basically a global damage multiplier.

• The game will now automatically make maps that are too easy more difficult by decreasing damage that zombies take. It must be played 30 times before it calculates this.

• @JetBoom:

Zombie Survival

• Better question is if the damage reduction is a fixed value or is it relative to the win ratio.

• Will the map show how much damage is dealt to the zombies on the votemap menu?

• Well, increased damage resistance will help a bit, but most of the easy maps on the server are easy for the wrong reasons. Virus lab’s lolvents, livehousehallway, cs_twilight are a few maps I can think of off the top of my head that are just bad and cannot be fixed by the gamemode. Being a starter zombie on cs_twilight will still be a boring tedious process even if the damage resistance is 50%. Damage resistance will be good on maps like termites which are balanced, but a bit easier to win than most house maps.

I also have a few questions. What is the cap on damage resistance for zombies? and will there be an opposite effect for difficult maps where humans do more damage to zombies? Also, is point_worldhint the same thing as /label?  (perhaps a screenshot of it in action would help me understand it)

• Cool. I should put a few in thepub.

• Administrators

They can also be parented to things.

• I wouldn’t worry too much about damage deduction, even the easiest maps are rarely won.

• @JetBoom:

Zombie Survival

:(

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.