Event: Flight Fever

• 1. Build a plane (You get 30 minutes time during the event if you haven’t already)
    2. Wait until you’re up.
    3. Try to fly to the other side, get out of your plane, hit the balloon with the crowbar!

The participant with the fastest time wins!

Rules:

• No wire, hoverballs or keepupright. Other than that pretty much everything is allowed. You can make it zero-gravity if you think that will help.
    • Needs to have a seat (duhh).
    • Use common sense: your plane should be as simple as possible.
    • Your plane must exit the arena at least once to avoid people just steaming straight ahead for the balloon.

When? Tonight, check the event page on Steam for the exact time.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/noxiousnet/events/73367651132555689

• 1. Build a plane (You get 30 minutes time during the event if you haven’t already)
    2. Wait until you’re up.
    3. Try to fly to the other side, get out of your plane, hit the balloon with the crowbar!

The participant with the fastest time wins!

Rules:

• No wire, hoverballs or keepupright. Other than that pretty much everything is allowed. You can make it zero-gravity if you think that will help.
    • Needs to have a seat (duhh).
    • Use common sense: your plane should be as simple as possible.
    • Your plane must exit the arena at least once to avoid people just steaming straight ahead for the balloon.

When? Tonight, check the event page on Steam for the exact time.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/noxiousnet/events/73367651132555689

• if you remove the seat requirment there will be less 1 box with thrusters on it planes.

• Make the course distance bigger, outside the arena, and with the finish line higher, Otherwise everyone with a dummy ship could easily reach to the end, as in everyone.

• @Samuel:

a dummy ship could easily reach to the end, as in everyone.

Not if we have to follow the yellow line :link:

• Game Admins

Should get points on style of flight and landing and the look of your vehicle

Also, with the ability for thruster applied at centre of mass, the flightpath shouldn’t be a straight line.

• We’ll just see how it goes. Good idea about style points though. Might give out a separate prize for that.

• you should definitely allow wire adv pod controllers / wired thrusters

• agreed

• I had an excellent performance on the event, sadly there was no prize as it seems.

• I think if I made my ladder fly upwards and tilt forwards at the same time I would’ve easily won it.

• Half of the participants couldn’t finish their plane, since the new update everyone just keeps crashing whenever there’s like 150 props or more. We’ll redo the event when that is fixed.

List of times anyway:
    Nightmare: 33.2 seconds
    Sam Za Nemesis: 48 seconds, DQ for not exiting the arena
    Chubfish 59 seconds, DQ same as above
    Benjy: 2 minutes 51 seconds, DQ same as above
    Combine: 3 minutes 8 seconds, DQ same as above

• I did exit the arena in my rematch after my thing failed, and they only crash when the server sends a big snapshot to the client, if the props are still, it’s fine, besides there weren’t many props, the problem is that the massless thruster value is broken in the adv dupe

• Administrators

That’s what you call editing?

• I’m sorry this event didn’t work out as planned. Maybe next time it will be better.

Good work nightmare though.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.