The new forum theme

• Protip: press shift+f5 if you don’t see it.

The old theme just burnt my eyes every time I looked at the forums. I was going for fullflat with a hint of green and modern CSS. The rest of the site will start using the new theme over time.

• Protip: press shift+f5 if you don’t see it.

The old theme just burnt my eyes every time I looked at the forums. I was going for fullflat with a hint of green and modern CSS. The rest of the site will start using the new theme over time.

• yes, it’s a lot easier on the eyes

• oops I I checked the wrong bubble

this theme seems too common

• If it was an off-white (darker than it is now) but not entirely grey, I think it’d be perfect…

This is a lot easier to read, but the bright white hurts my eyes more =P

• I like it.

Too often would I read NN forums on the old theme and click back to another “lighter” site and hurt my eyes.

• @R3c0N94x:

If it was an off-white (darker than it is now) but not entirely grey, I think it’d be perfect…

This is a lot easier to read, but the bright white hurts my eyes more =P

Put it from “whitesmoke” and “white” to “whitesmoke” and “snow”, refresh to see. Not really noticeable but it isn’t pure white.

• Is this light pink?!

• I totally fail.

Where is it that I go to change the forum theme from this to the other (like you said) =)

I tried to Modify Profile > Look & Layout but it wasn’t there…

I’m a doofus  :uglylaugh:

• I don’t know if it’s related to the new theme, but quotes with pictures seem to be broken (see ZS screenshot thread for example), and yes I’ve tried it on more than one browser, anyone else getting this problem?

• @oduska:

Is this light pink?!

#FFFAFA is snow so yeah. Changed to #F0F0F0.

• @Sarcasticus:

I don’t know if it’s related to the new theme, but quotes with pictures seem to be broken (see ZS screenshot thread for example), and yes I’ve tried it on more than one browser, anyone else getting this problem?

Yes - blockquote has a min-height @ 12em… that’s what’s causing the quote problems.

• Added overflow:auto for large images. It’s so you guys can’t post huge quote walls.

• When you said to change it from “white” to “snow” - Where is it that I do that?

I haven’t gotten into the settings or anything yet so I’m not sure what to do exactly.

But so far, the site is a lot easier to read anyways =)

• My vision is godlike

• @R3c0N94x:

When you said to change it from “white” to “snow” - Where is it that I do that?

I haven’t gotten into the settings or anything yet so I’m not sure what to do exactly.

But so far, the site is a lot easier to read anyways =)

He’s talking about the color changes he did, not what you can do. There aren’t customizable forum settings aside from a completely new skin, client-side that is.

• He’s talking about the color changes he did, not what you can do. There aren’t customizable forum settings aside from a completely new skin, client-side that is.

Ah, thank’s. I was confused there.

When I was deciding whether or not I like this theme or the old theme better… I had to choose this one.

My personal vote is that neither is better than the other (if this was SLIGHTLY darker) then it would be perfect.

Shame on you to the 3 that want to go back and burn your eyes on limegreen on black, though =)

:action-smiley-060:

• @JetBoom:

Added overflow:auto for large images. It’s so you guys can’t post huge quote walls.

Have you tried adding max-width to img tags and just setting it to something like 700px?  That’ll automatically resize both width/height. Then just remove overflow and max-height from blockquote.

And then add a “Click to view full image” link over the image…

• It’s just so bright compared to the usual black O.O

I say keep it darkish… but that’s just me

• the green doesn’t match. it makes it look bad. that’s pretty much it.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.