ZS prop nail limit

• Having a limited number of nails per prop is a good thing, but the way the nails are limited could be changed.
    Make it so that when you nail a prop, the game checks to see if there are any nails in that prop within a radius of X (not sure what would be a good distance) of where you are trying to nail. If there are nails in that radius, you cannot nail there and the person trying to nail should be told something like “you are nailing too close to another nail”. This would be on a per prop basis so if I nail down a table next to a nailed chair, it only checks for nails on the table. This would be a more natural way of limiting the number of nails per prop and would stop the standard “dump all nails in one spot” method and lead to more variety in cades. A vertical lamp in a door would stil be able to have 2-3 nails in its base and a red couch would still be able to have 5-7 nails in it.

• Having a limited number of nails per prop is a good thing, but the way the nails are limited could be changed.
    Make it so that when you nail a prop, the game checks to see if there are any nails in that prop within a radius of X (not sure what would be a good distance) of where you are trying to nail. If there are nails in that radius, you cannot nail there and the person trying to nail should be told something like “you are nailing too close to another nail”. This would be on a per prop basis so if I nail down a table next to a nailed chair, it only checks for nails on the table. This would be a more natural way of limiting the number of nails per prop and would stop the standard “dump all nails in one spot” method and lead to more variety in cades. A vertical lamp in a door would stil be able to have 2-3 nails in its base and a red couch would still be able to have 5-7 nails in it.

• The only way I can see this working well is if you can hit the prop to repair nails instead of the small area around each nail.

Also an option to keep the “hit shift to see all nails” on without holding the key would be nice.

• Nah, you still need to hit the nail to repair it. Should encourage using bigger props even more and make nail placement strategic. I was imagining that the radius would be small enough to allow for 2 nails in a vertical board so if you use a vending machine, you can repair most nails safely. Remember, you can easily move nails.

• Then maybe increasing the area you can hit to repair the nail would work better because sometimes it’s difficult to tell if your actually repairing the nail at all (usually during lots of gun fire when it’s hard to hear the repair sound). Maybe having the nail outline blink or something would work too.

• :th_clap: this could be interesting

• this will make it more annoying to cade.  A flurry of “WHY CAN’T I PUT MORE THEN 1 NAIL IN THIS” will result.  And what’s the point if there is already a nail limit.

• You’re trying to add more realism into Zombie Survival but that’s not always a good thing. This will just make Zombie Survival harder and annoying in an unnecessary way.

• You’re banned from noxiousnet, why should you care?. Unless you have anymore alts.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.