Long walks and leveled maps

• At the moment the anti long walk is something like this, purple being the radius of which normal walk is put in place-

This is giving zombies a hard time to get to the humans on maps such as plaza and virus labs.

My idea is this: Vertically decrease the radius so that maps with higher/lower floors aren’t such a long walk for zombies to get to the humans. An example of the edited radius being something like this-

This wasn’t made to be artistic or good looking, just examples for a suggestion so please no responses on the skill at which they were produced.

• At the moment the anti long walk is something like this, purple being the radius of which normal walk is put in place-

This is giving zombies a hard time to get to the humans on maps such as plaza and virus labs.

My idea is this: Vertically decrease the radius so that maps with higher/lower floors aren’t such a long walk for zombies to get to the humans. An example of the edited radius being something like this-

This wasn’t made to be artistic or good looking, just examples for a suggestion so please no responses on the skill at which they were produced.

• and maps with ladders? or towers for that matter?

• It’s either one or the other. I see more leveled maps then ladder maps but that’s just me.

Or it could be made so that every map has a different kind of radius to fit the large variety of different maps Zombie Survival has?

• By the looks of your second drawing, the radius would increase if the zombie walked directly at you. I’d rather walk slower when the human can’t see me than when he can.

• If you’re far enough out that the zombie-speed is on, then normally you wouldn’t worry about human shots anyway.  Snipers or people looking to kill chems can shoot out that far, and it’s probably a bad level if they have that much LoS anyway.

Ellipsis is better then circle, 100% sure on that.

• Just a thought but what if there are maps that have areas where zombies can drop down onto humans? Using an ellipse would probably just create more problems.

• That’s really more a problem with the map than the feature. People are cading in vents in viruslabs and you would be lucky to even get a zombie to get to the humans without being blown away trying. Movement speed won’t fix that a single bit.

• Administrators

Before I put this feature in I had it so it was determined by if a human could see you or not. I changed it to radius at the last moment. Maybe it should be both?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.