Boatwars Sandbox Event

• NoXiousNet | Boatwars Event

When: Saturday 31st July, 4PM GMT (There may be breaks within the event to allow for people have their lunch/dinner).

Event Organisers: ReXeN, Chubfish

–----------------------------------------------------

It’s time for another event, and after some planning, Boatwars has been created. Boatwars is an event which involves participants building breakable boats and trying to sink each other with weapons and all sorts of crazy projectiles. Players will be given weapons to fight opponents boats with, as well as homemade torpedos.

Rules:

Building**
    –-------

• Maximum of 60 props.

• Use breakable props to build your boat. Anything wooden is fine.

• Max of 10 unbreakable props, no bigger than a fridge (small metal sheets are an exception however).

• Blue barrels, helicopter bombs and fridges are banned.

• No more than 2 props can be no-collided with each other (so you can’t put 100 props inside of each other).

• Max size of your boat is the length of 2 cargo containers put together. Minimum size is 2 wood shelves put together, but no smaller.

• Props must be attached to each other. No floating props are allowed.

• Hydraulics and other constraints such as muscles, that involve stretching or changing length are banned.

• Turrets/Missles or anything similar are banned.

• Wheels and motors are also banned.

• Homemade torpedoes or projectiles to fire are encouraged; but they will count towards your prop limit. Torpedos can only be built  out of a maximum of 4 props

• Explosive barrels are banned.

• Thrusters are also allowed, but they count towards the limit.

• No use of wire or phx.

• No adjusting the weight or buoyancy of props.

• No invisible props.

Gameplay
    –-------

• Boats will be given an inspection pre-battle by the organisers. They will allow for quick changes to be made to the robots incase the bot breaches the rules.

• This event will occur in the flooded arena.

• 2 players will fight at one time. It will go on until a champion is decided.

• If a player has been picked but doesn’t have their boat ready, they may be disqualified.

• Each competitor will be give a crowbar, a deagle and an smg1. All guns will have full ammo.

• You must cause the opponent to fall in the water completely. Standing ankle deep in water is fine when on your boat.

• You cannot get back aboard your boat when you fall off.

• You can be a pirate and board other peoples boats if you get close enough.

• The winner is whoever manages to stay on their boat when one of the players has fallen in the water.

• Anyone caught breaking rules might be disqualified from the event and not allowed to play again.

• Any Loopholes found should be reported so the rules can be ammended. Anyone found using loopholes ingame to their advantage will be banned from future Boatwars Events.

• Final round will have 3 trials in which the best of 3 will be the Champion.

Prizes
    –-----

1st - 250,000 Silver, Custom title.

2nd - 100,000 Silver.

3rd - 50,000 Silver.

Any other participants could obtain a gold star for trying.

Media
    –-----

Images taken below were pre-event during a closed trial.

Winners
    –-------

Alright the event is now over. The winners were:

1st: Valkyrie

2nd: Takara

3rd: ReXeN

“Titanic” Title (for losing the fastest): Tombu

Everyone who participated will receive a gold star:  Deathfire, ReXeN, Chubfish, Tombu, GT4, Samuel, Takara, Valkyrie and Shen.

The winners of the event will receive the prizes listed above.

• NoXiousNet | Boatwars Event

When: Saturday 31st July, 4PM GMT (There may be breaks within the event to allow for people have their lunch/dinner).

Event Organisers: ReXeN, Chubfish

–----------------------------------------------------

It’s time for another event, and after some planning, Boatwars has been created. Boatwars is an event which involves participants building breakable boats and trying to sink each other with weapons and all sorts of crazy projectiles. Players will be given weapons to fight opponents boats with, as well as homemade torpedos.

Rules:

Building**
    –-------

• Maximum of 60 props.

• Use breakable props to build your boat. Anything wooden is fine.

• Max of 10 unbreakable props, no bigger than a fridge (small metal sheets are an exception however).

• Blue barrels, helicopter bombs and fridges are banned.

• No more than 2 props can be no-collided with each other (so you can’t put 100 props inside of each other).

• Max size of your boat is the length of 2 cargo containers put together. Minimum size is 2 wood shelves put together, but no smaller.

• Props must be attached to each other. No floating props are allowed.

• Hydraulics and other constraints such as muscles, that involve stretching or changing length are banned.

• Turrets/Missles or anything similar are banned.

• Wheels and motors are also banned.

• Homemade torpedoes or projectiles to fire are encouraged; but they will count towards your prop limit. Torpedos can only be built  out of a maximum of 4 props

• Explosive barrels are banned.

• Thrusters are also allowed, but they count towards the limit.

• No use of wire or phx.

• No adjusting the weight or buoyancy of props.

• No invisible props.

Gameplay
    –-------

• Boats will be given an inspection pre-battle by the organisers. They will allow for quick changes to be made to the robots incase the bot breaches the rules.

• This event will occur in the flooded arena.

• 2 players will fight at one time. It will go on until a champion is decided.

• If a player has been picked but doesn’t have their boat ready, they may be disqualified.

• Each competitor will be give a crowbar, a deagle and an smg1. All guns will have full ammo.

• You must cause the opponent to fall in the water completely. Standing ankle deep in water is fine when on your boat.

• You cannot get back aboard your boat when you fall off.

• You can be a pirate and board other peoples boats if you get close enough.

• The winner is whoever manages to stay on their boat when one of the players has fallen in the water.

• Anyone caught breaking rules might be disqualified from the event and not allowed to play again.

• Any Loopholes found should be reported so the rules can be ammended. Anyone found using loopholes ingame to their advantage will be banned from future Boatwars Events.

• Final round will have 3 trials in which the best of 3 will be the Champion.

Prizes
    –-----

1st - 250,000 Silver, Custom title.

2nd - 100,000 Silver.

3rd - 50,000 Silver.

Any other participants could obtain a gold star for trying.

Media
    –-----

Images taken below were pre-event during a closed trial.

Winners
    –-------

Alright the event is now over. The winners were:

1st: Valkyrie

2nd: Takara

3rd: ReXeN

“Titanic” Title (for losing the fastest): Tombu

Everyone who participated will receive a gold star:  Deathfire, ReXeN, Chubfish, Tombu, GT4, Samuel, Takara, Valkyrie and Shen.

The winners of the event will receive the prizes listed above.

• sign me up

• having weapons ruins the whole point and the match will be over in seconds

• Remember that if you’re going to try and use projectiles, you’re not allowed to use the missle tool.

Try and make them out of different props like seen in the fourth screenshot.

• @AtomiC:

having weapons ruins the whole point and the match will be over in seconds

No.

• I’m in, are we building during the event or do we make it beforehand and load it in?

• Make it before hand so you can load it in when you’re chosen.

• Okie-doke.

• You said 2-4 people would be fighting in each match. Would this open the doors for 2v2?

• I don’t see why there needs to be a new award for every single event. Won_Contest exists for a reason.

• I think 2v2 would work with one boat between 2 players, but we haven’t really tried 4 boats with teams of 2 fighting each other.

2v2 will probably be used randomly or if there are lots of players waiting to play. That being said, 1v1 is still prefered.

• Four boats would be the Lagwars Sandbox Event.

• sure i’ll play
    i already have a 6-vendingmachine boat
    i’ll just add on to it

btw missiles = explosive barrel + thruster

• Indestrutable props can be used to completely shield a boat.  Only way to lose would be to fall off the boat.

• @Zetanor:

I don’t see why there needs to be a new award for every single event. Won_Contest exists for a reason.

4 gold stars and no won contests =(

• But but… June 31 was 2 and a half weeks ago…

I’m guessing it is July 31, which I will try to attend.

• Sounds like fun. I’m in.

• Make the prop limit 30-40. 2 masses of 60 welded/constrained props will lag horribly.
    And count me in. Whoops, I have work till 5pm est (9pm gmt?).

• 30-40 has been tested and rounds are too quick.

@JOHN:

Indestrutable props can be used to completely shield a boat.  Only way to lose would be to fall off the boat.

Break the wooden supports.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.