Need some help on blue screens.

• For the past weeks I’ve been plagued with blue screens. I’ve improved the airflow in my case, I’ve updated drivers, I’ve updated windows. I also recently upgraded to 64-bit of Windows 7 Pro hoping that it would be fixed and it’s still a problem. I probably have no doubt that it is a hardware problem, but I have no idea the specific problem is. My guess is the video card or the RAM.

Here’s a screenshot of the .dmps in Blue Screen Viewer:

• For the past weeks I’ve been plagued with blue screens. I’ve improved the airflow in my case, I’ve updated drivers, I’ve updated windows. I also recently upgraded to 64-bit of Windows 7 Pro hoping that it would be fixed and it’s still a problem. I probably have no doubt that it is a hardware problem, but I have no idea the specific problem is. My guess is the video card or the RAM.

Here’s a screenshot of the .dmps in Blue Screen Viewer:

• Did you ever test your memory?

• Probably the ram or some other hardware problem since it’s a different driver crashing every time
    I’ve had this happen to me once but it was driver related (wrong motherboard driver :th_Mad:)

• I already did a Memory Test and windows reported no faults, but it was only a basic test. I will try the extended test soon.

• My best guess is to strip your system down to the bare minimum. Use onboard video (if you have it) 1 stick of ram, etc, etc and if you keep getting blue screens you just slowly eliminate the different parts. It’s a major pain in the ass, but I see no other way to find the problem

-edit-

And this doesn’t seem like a software based problem because the crashes are all different, but remove any programs you downloaded right before the blue screens started happening. I had a keyboard who’s driver’s gave me blue screens daily.

• did you change the order of your ram sticks?

• @Dent:

Did you ever test your memory?

• yeah no this same string of errors matches the time my motherboard was crapped due to static shock(i used to have this fetish where I would rub the inside of my computer)

replaced the motherboard and the BSODS stopped.

• Really hope it’s not the motherboard. Then again, I do need more PCI slots….

And I tested my memory already. There was no problem and it still happens. I’ll try the RAM stick switching, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll consider getting a new motherboard. But, I’m open to any other inexpensive solutions that doesn’t require me to put c4 into my computer or anything of the sort.

• put one stick in.

do extended memory test on one stick.

play with computer with 1 stick.  more bsods?  safe mode and play for awhile more bsods? look for a new mobo.

• @zzzaap:

But, I’m open to any other inexpensive solutions that doesn’t require me to put c4 into my computer or anything of the sort.

If you know it’s the motherboard you can try baking it in the oven

• BUY A NEW FUCKING COMPUTER.

• Administrators

do a fresh reformat with fresh drivers.

• @zzzaap:

I already did a Memory Test and windows reported no faults, but it was only a basic test. I will try the extended test soon.

Memtest86+ is pretty much the best app for testing RAM. Burn the ISO, boot it, and let it run for a couple hours.

http://www.memtest.org/

• I’ll try the one stick of RAM when The Memtest86+ doesn’t work on all of them installed.

I heard of baking a motherboard before, doesn’t seem fun. It will be the last thing I’ll do if it is the motherboard, just before buying a new one. Although it would make sense that it is the motherboard is at fault because of the USB Driver error, but that is only one error.

hahaha, no

I did do a fresh install of Windows. I said that I had upgraded to the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro. It’s not possible to smoothly install 64-bit from 32-bit(unless I missed some kind of memo).

I already tried the Memtest thing, but not Memtest86+. The original managed to somehow go 108% of memory checked. I’ll try out Memtest86+ after some other things I’ve tried.

• @AtomiC:

do a fresh reformat with fresh drivers.

• @zzzaap:

I did do a fresh install of Windows. I said that I had upgraded to the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro. It’s not possible to smoothly install 64-bit from 32-bit(unless I missed some kind of memo).

Shut up with the reformat, it’s fucking obvious I said I already did.

EDIT: Strangely enough, what Kelly Chambers has suggested, changing the order of the RAM sticks, worked. However, it has only been a day. I’ll see if the Blue Screens are actually gone tomorrow.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.