The Old Republic (for those not in the know)

• TOR mmo beta signups are here  :before: :before: :before:

http://www.swtor.com/

• TOR mmo beta signups are here  :before: :before: :before:

http://www.swtor.com/

• I signed up as soon as I heard about this, The Kid In me really wants to play this. Cue Nostalgic montage of when i was 8 and loved star wars to death.

• …and that’s basically the only playerbase that they’ll have. And then they’ll realize that this is stupid and quit and it’ll die.

• Beta sign ups have been open since 2008.

Still haven’t gotten an invite, after 2 years.

• Same with me, this baffles me that they JUST NOW say beta has been open, when they have been saying it for two years. But can’t wait for it, anything is better then Star Wars galaxies.  :dry:

• They opened beta sign ups when the game was announced.

From 2009-now it’s been in alpha, I don’t know if beta testers were picked to go in but I doubt it.

They are just now letting beta testers in. Leaks all over the place already. Apparently, only trooper and smuggler are available for testing.

• you people don’t understand how this is going to be more like SWG then a good game.

• It isn’t going to be like SWG at all.

• If it is, its got a STORY LINE and that’s more then WOW has…Where you have to Dig deep to the storyline.

• actually wow has a storyline, it’s just that nobody reads it.
    Besides, storylines in mmos are plainly dumb unless you manage to make an unique story for each player.

• I’m waiting for GuildWars 2 because there’s no subscriptions and I liked the first one more than I did any other mmorpg.

• SWG had a storyline.
    Auto-targeting and hitting through inworld objects.
    vehicles.
    space combat.
    class system 90% like this new game.

it’s a rehash.

• @Benjy:

I’m waiting for GuildWars 2 because there’s no subscriptions and I liked the first one more than I did any other mmorpg.

yes

• @Benjy:

I’m waiting for GuildWars 2 because there’s no subscriptions and I liked the first one more than I did any other mmorpg.

GuildWars seemed too… anime asian mmo for me to play.

I’m just hoping TOR is similar to what SWG used to be before the CU/NGE updates that totally killed the game.

@JOHN:

SWG had a storyline.
    Auto-targeting and hitting through inworld objects.
    vehicles.
    space combat.
    class system 90% like this new game.

it’s a rehash.

SWG also had 32 professions, different stances. PVP was amazing, get yourself a stun baton and you can just rock face with people who had zero stun protection on their comp armor… gooooodo times.

I just hope the gameplay is similar to what SWG’s used to be. From the looks and what’s on the forums it’s going to be alot like Tabula Rasa… which didn’t do too good cause you can’t run a macro to do everything for you.

• Ingame macro generator, for all players allowed?

Personal factories, with a range of products allowed as long as you have the materials?

Stockpiles of items allowed?

Ability to carry 1500 fireworks in crates on your person?

Ability to fire fireworks faster then 30/second?

Ability to graphical lag-death anyone nearby?

SWG

• forgot about the 10 minute shuttle wait, and if an imp/reb patrol spots you as overt, you end up starting a shitstorm for pvp in the spaceport.

good times.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.