How about some ammo regen?

• So how about some ammo regen instead of purchasing the stuff.

Ammo regen makes a lot of sense to me… I’m a reloader. I melt my own lead, mix my own alloy, cast and heat-treat my own slugs, work up my own powder charges. I make some damn fine ammo for my guns.

With 40 guys trying to survive some kinda catastrophic world-wide calamity, wouldn’t it make sense that at least one of them would know (or could learn) how to melt lead, run a press, and operate a powder measure? I’d almost expect somebody sitting in a back room pumping out rounds for everybody (or maybe yall just need to come to my house if the dead start rising).

Reloading is not a high-tech operation. It doesn’t take a factory or a bunch of crazy machines. Some basic math and simple equipment is all it takes.
    I made my own case tumbler out of an old coffee can and an electric fan motor (works faster than those expensive store-bought models, plus it was free):

These are from a recent run of 45-70 govt for my 1895CB (was comparing IMR and Varget for velocity using the chronometer out at the range. Varget won at just over 2400 feet per second). From cast to complete took me less than an hour (wasn’t even rushing) and I made about 140 of these monsters in the run.

(bottom left is .45 ACP, tall one is 30-06 (gotta use jacketed slugs for high velocity), the flat-nosed short one is .44 magnum, and the big ones are various sized slugs in 45-70 (300g flat nose on the right, 435g hollowpoint in the center, and 530g on the two big ones on the left))

Anyway, reloading isn’t magic. You can do it in a bathroom. Powder and primers are all you’d have to scavange and one stop at an abandoned gun shop would have you set for hundreds of thousands of rounds. Lead can be found everywhere (car batteries would be a good source if you were desperate).

/rant

• So how about some ammo regen instead of purchasing the stuff.

Ammo regen makes a lot of sense to me… I’m a reloader. I melt my own lead, mix my own alloy, cast and heat-treat my own slugs, work up my own powder charges. I make some damn fine ammo for my guns.

With 40 guys trying to survive some kinda catastrophic world-wide calamity, wouldn’t it make sense that at least one of them would know (or could learn) how to melt lead, run a press, and operate a powder measure? I’d almost expect somebody sitting in a back room pumping out rounds for everybody (or maybe yall just need to come to my house if the dead start rising).

Reloading is not a high-tech operation. It doesn’t take a factory or a bunch of crazy machines. Some basic math and simple equipment is all it takes.
    I made my own case tumbler out of an old coffee can and an electric fan motor (works faster than those expensive store-bought models, plus it was free):

These are from a recent run of 45-70 govt for my 1895CB (was comparing IMR and Varget for velocity using the chronometer out at the range. Varget won at just over 2400 feet per second). From cast to complete took me less than an hour (wasn’t even rushing) and I made about 140 of these monsters in the run.

(bottom left is .45 ACP, tall one is 30-06 (gotta use jacketed slugs for high velocity), the flat-nosed short one is .44 magnum, and the big ones are various sized slugs in 45-70 (300g flat nose on the right, 435g hollowpoint in the center, and 530g on the two big ones on the left))

Anyway, reloading isn’t magic. You can do it in a bathroom. Powder and primers are all you’d have to scavange and one stop at an abandoned gun shop would have you set for hundreds of thousands of rounds. Lead can be found everywhere (car batteries would be a good source if you were desperate).

/rant

• This is a permantly rejected suggestion that gets month ban just to let you know, you don’t need ammo, just keep all your smg ammo till the last so you can blast poisons.

• @SatanicKill:

Powder and primers are all you’d have to scavange and one stop at an abandoned gun shop would have you set for hundreds of thousands of rounds.

Because you couldn’t just keep the bullets you find in the gunshop?

• If you want ammo regeneration you can just go to one of the many outdated zs servers.

• @Lord:

Because you couldn’t just keep the bullets you find in the gunshop?

Well not really. Generally you won’t find a lot of slugs specific to your caliber in a gun shop since there are so many commonly used calibers, slug weights and nose shapes. Most of the time hey’re not interchangeable (try running flat-nose jacketed slugs through your .45 ACP and you’ll get only one shot before it jams the gun for example).

With a little math, loads can be worked up for almost any type of power though so you can use almost the whole rack. Also primers only come in only 4 main varieties so they stock large numbers of each. Even if you’re out of brass, shooting ranges have buckets of the stuff in all calibers and many scrap yards have thousands of pounds of spent cases waiting for recycling.

Slugs are the rare componant. Making your own makes more sense in a survival situation.

@Shot:

This is a permantly rejected suggestion that gets month ban just to let you know,

Why isn’t this shit in a sticky?

@Gir:

If you want ammo regeneration you can just go to one of the many outdated zs servers.

You didn’t even read the thread.

• Well not really. Generally you won’t find a lot of slugs specific to your caliber in a gun shop since there are so many commonly used calibers, slug weights and nose shapes. Most of the time hey’re not interchangeable (try running flat-nose jacketed slugs through your .45 ACP and you’ll get only one shot before it jams the gun for example).

With a little math, loads can be worked up for almost any type of power though so you can use almost the whole rack. Also primers only come in only 4 main varieties so they stock large numbers of each. Even if you’re out of brass, shooting ranges have buckets of the stuff in all calibers and many scrap yards have thousands of pounds of spent cases waiting for recycling.

Slugs are the rare componant. Making your own makes more sense in a survival situation.

this is a videogame

• Satanickill this is a game, and as a game it must be balanced, ammo regen was not a good gameplay element, so it was removed, not to mention using a Resident Evil esque ammo fabrication system would be unnecessary and complicated. Also the permanently rejected suggestions are in a sticky, in the suggestion box forum, where you should have posted this.

• The intent of this thread was to discuss the realism of ammo regeneration, which as I understood it was the main point against the feature.

Apparently ‘discussion’ is not what goes on in this forum since the only responses have been sarcastic crap, ‘didn’t read the thread’ bullshit, elitist ‘our servers da best’ bullshit, or ‘rtfm’ trolls.

Enjoy your little cesspit kiddies… I’m outta here.

• Administrators

@SatanicKill:

The intent of this thread was to discuss the realism of ammo regeneration, which as I understood it was the main point against the feature.

Are you kidding me? It’s a videogame where we nail refrigerators to the ground using a hammer to prevent zombies from eating our brains by hitting us or exploding at us.

@SatanicKill:

Enjoy your little cesspit kiddies… I’m outta here.

Yes thank you.

• I love well thought out typed text when it degenerates to ‘lol ur a kid’ :link:

• River of Flame?

• AMMO REGEN IS NOT REALISIM!!1

@SatanicKill:

Apparently ‘discussion’ is not what goes on in this forum since the only responses have been sarcastic crap, ‘didn’t read the thread’ bullshit, elitist ‘our servers da best’ bullshit, or ‘rtfm’ trolls.

if you were not dumb :unicorn: you would read this
    http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=7899.0
    number 6

ammo regen was so 3 years ago.

@SatanicKill:

the title said it all, lul.

• If everyone had ammo regen, the combination of being able to cade AND getting unlimited ammo would make hallway maps or most maps win. It would be all unbalanced if you havent realized…

• I think he was talking about facepunch.

• Summer time ruins ZS

• @IntensezKramer:

If everyone had ammo regen, the combination of being able to cade AND getting unlimited ammo would make hallway maps or most maps win. It would be all unbalanced if you havent realized…

no.

• @SatanicKill:

Well not really. Generally you won’t find a lot of slugs specific to your caliber in a gun shop since there are so many commonly used calibers, slug weights and nose shapes. Most of the time hey’re not interchangeable (try running flat-nose jacketed slugs through your .45 ACP and you’ll get only one shot before it jams the gun for example).

Why isn’t this shit in a sticky?

Pick up a gun that fires those bullets at the same time. It’s a gun shop right?

• GUYS DONT WORRY IVE ALMOST CREATED ONE BULLET!

• Permanently rejected suggestion.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.