[wip] zs_depth

• my next map. i thought i would make it a underground urban map, since all the subversive maps got removed there was none of these left on the server.

i have made all the geometry on 2 rooms and im working on the 3rd. here are some pictures:

the first small room

the second room which is a zombie spawn area

and the third room which will be a big garage/worshop/storage

a small building inside the third room

a big overview

and here is a sketch over how the whole map will look

il update this post with images later on.
    feel free to make suggestions and constructive critic

• my next map. i thought i would make it a underground urban map, since all the subversive maps got removed there was none of these left on the server.

i have made all the geometry on 2 rooms and im working on the 3rd. here are some pictures:

the first small room

the second room which is a zombie spawn area

and the third room which will be a big garage/worshop/storage

a small building inside the third room

a big overview

and here is a sketch over how the whole map will look

il update this post with images later on.
    feel free to make suggestions and constructive critic

• Looking good so far! It’s nice to see that we might be getting an underground map back.

Just one quick question, how exactly are the zombies going to reach the humans? I can see ladders going to ledges going beside the catwalk, so are the zombies supposed to jump from the ledge to the catwalk? Or will there be ladders to the catwalk, and the ladders to the ledges are to help kill humans on the ledge? Man I hope that ramble made some sense.

But if this goes through, I’ll be excited to play it.

• great to hear you think it looks good.
    and to answer you, if you look on picture 4 you will see a pipe going under the catwalk, zombies and humans can walk on that.
    if you look at the last picture with the overview you will see there is a wooden board on the ohter side of room connecting there.

also im going to have teleports between the zombie spawns so if humans spawn camp 1 spot, zombie can always choose anohter spawn and sneak up on them.
    this also makes it so that there must be people protecting caders on wave 1 because its impossible to camp all 3 spawns.

• Not bad, but it looks blocky. Try making smoother rails, and other rounded things.

• i really have to get better with making ohter things than cylinders and blocks. i guess i just have to practice more with that.

• Looks like a good start.

Yeah it looks blocky but to be honest compare reactor to that and it’s pretty much the same. Keep at it.

• Thanks for the pointers midboe! I really need to get my eyes checked.

• http://halflifestorm.com/?page_id=225
    How to make smooth corners with displacements.

http://halflifestorm.com/?page_id=221
    How to make a smooth corner with vertex manipulation.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_Clipping_Tool
    Getting the hang of the clipping tool can also help in making rounded corners.

• i already saw those very 2 tutorials on rounded corners but i dont think rounded corners would fit anywhere currently on my map. and i use clipping tool all the time.

i also think i read every single article in the hammer section on the valve devolper wiki xd

• Maybe make a theme? Like humans are stranded in an underground complex with some mutant virus going around or something to that sense.

• i plan on making decals and ohter signs of “storyline”

edit: a small room jointing the big workshop area with anohter zombie spawn room.

note: the small green room is not a zombie spawn, its there so people can somewhat look in under the garage door and be “scared”

• Loving the gunship.

• now that its bumped i might aswell post.

room with evil pit:

its going to be fun wacthing people fall down there.

• I can just see that spot being the only spot on the map that people actually cade.

• not when im done with it, you can always nerf/boost a cade spot.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.