Where is obby?

• :cry:

• :cry:

• It’s pretty much unplayable and hasn’t been updated in half a year. I was putting it integrated in to the sandbox gamemode.

• The only reason it was unplayable was because many of the courses were way too hard.

• Well there goes finishing that map.

• QQ

• fixing obby was easy

just needed to make a “Easy mode” option in the menu, which would’ve turned you into a regular headcrab from zs.

That way, headcrab pounce distance wouldve made all courses much easier for everyone, at the expense of no reward (if there was going to be any reward for beating a course in the first place)

• @Hell-met:

fixing obby was easy

just needed to make a “Easy mode” option in the menu, which would’ve turned you into a regular headcrab from zs.

That way, headcrab pounce distance wouldve made all courses much easier for everyone, at the expense of no reward (if there was going to be any reward for beating a course in the first place)

and then we can go crow and do aerial corses right? and bomb the obbyers

• How about in easy mode, you can save your position whenever you want. Kind of like a quicksave in an emulator.

• doing 1 strafe jump does not annoy me. doing 10 strafe jumps in a row with no checkpoints makes me hate obby

• I hate the impossible stunts like 3 falling things in a row and run through it then you rubber band back because they were props the get squshed a 235771 times

• WAT IS OBBY?
    :th_Mad:

• @Mr.:

WAT IS OBBY?
    :th_Mad:

dumbass

• I think the major problem with Obby isn’t the gamemode at all. It’s been stated before, but most of the people that made Obby maps had no idea what the fuck they were doing, or they were making the map in single player, where every obstacle (jump) is painfully easy. This can be fixed by having no obstacles that are absolute bullshit and adding more checkpoints. This would make a lot of Obby maps more playable and then more people would enjoy them.

A prime example on how to make an Obby map is the 2008(?) Christmas event in Sandbox, which was converted into the obby map christmas_memorial I think. Yes, there were a bunch of difficult obstacles, but they were all possible, and a lot of people made it far in the course thanks to the use of checkpoints.

I personally loved Obby, and would like to play it again, but if most of the maps are going to be really shitty, then I probably won’t play it much.

• The other reason it was so hard…was becasue some traps had way too much physics in them, like bridges, and noobs and minges would sit there and jump on the bridge messing everyone up. JUst like how zs physics is glitchy… :action-smiley-003:

• aww no more obby

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.