[Released] zs_redneX

• Right, so I decided to start mapping. The map is an old house somewhere in Texas. A group of survivors found the house, and decide to take shelter. However, the power appears to be off, and zombies are closing in from all sides.

Also, since people seem to be concerned about the apparent lack of props, here’s the list of the props on the map.

Multiple boards laying around for cading purposes.
    A large dresser
    A medium dresser
    A small drawer
    A refrigerator
    Multiple tires
    3 blue shelves, 2 in the kitchen, one in the living room
    2 bed frames
    a briefcase
    2 wooden tables
    4 benches
    a paintcan
    3 soda cans
    a sofa
    2 armchairs
    a stool
    a metal chair
    a computer monitor
    a CPU tower (the keyboard is a weapon_zs_keyboard entity)
    a desk
    a breenchair
    a wooden shelf
    And that’s about it.

Front view of the house, moonlight shining from over the hills.

Inside the house, where the humans spawn, it’s rather dark. Probably a good idea to buy a flashlight to find your way around.

Once you find the circuit breaker panel, you can restore the power. Although some of the wiring is pretty faulty, and in some places, hazardous.

View of the livingroom.

The foyer.

The kitchen.

The office, complete with outdated computer and a keyboard you can use to smack things with.

The bedroom, complete with faulty wiring.

And finally, the bathroom.

Breaking the piece of plywood reveals a path inside the wall.

I’ll release this if it gets enough positive feedback. Otherwise, I’ll improve it according to what the majority of commenters think.

I’ll just let people play it for themselves. But if you’re not running the ZS gamemode when you play it, you’ll spawn on the roof.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94618

• Right, so I decided to start mapping. The map is an old house somewhere in Texas. A group of survivors found the house, and decide to take shelter. However, the power appears to be off, and zombies are closing in from all sides.

Also, since people seem to be concerned about the apparent lack of props, here’s the list of the props on the map.

Multiple boards laying around for cading purposes.
    A large dresser
    A medium dresser
    A small drawer
    A refrigerator
    Multiple tires
    3 blue shelves, 2 in the kitchen, one in the living room
    2 bed frames
    a briefcase
    2 wooden tables
    4 benches
    a paintcan
    3 soda cans
    a sofa
    2 armchairs
    a stool
    a metal chair
    a computer monitor
    a CPU tower (the keyboard is a weapon_zs_keyboard entity)
    a desk
    a breenchair
    a wooden shelf
    And that’s about it.

Front view of the house, moonlight shining from over the hills.

Inside the house, where the humans spawn, it’s rather dark. Probably a good idea to buy a flashlight to find your way around.

Once you find the circuit breaker panel, you can restore the power. Although some of the wiring is pretty faulty, and in some places, hazardous.

View of the livingroom.

The foyer.

The kitchen.

The office, complete with outdated computer and a keyboard you can use to smack things with.

The bedroom, complete with faulty wiring.

And finally, the bathroom.

Breaking the piece of plywood reveals a path inside the wall.

I’ll release this if it gets enough positive feedback. Otherwise, I’ll improve it according to what the majority of commenters think.

I’ll just let people play it for themselves. But if you’re not running the ZS gamemode when you play it, you’ll spawn on the roof.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94618

• Almost none props except those 3 blue shelves.

• Where does that path lead to?

• Another house map complete with blue shelves. To win it, people will need to defend the whole house, but that never happens. People will probably take a blue shelf to a room with 1 entrance and barricade there on wave 0, then die on wave 4-5.

• See: Bathroom.

• @blahaha:

Almost none props except those 3 blue shelves.

I probably should have gotten the props in the screenshots, my bad. But there are more props.
    If you want, I can post a list of all the props.

@Vaught:

Where does that path lead to?

It doesn’t go anywhere special, it’s just a narrow room inside the wall.

• If there is a blue shelf, it doesn’t matter how much effort you put into design, humans will stick to one room and use the shelf. Or lamp.

• There’s windows in every cadeable spot, so that won’t work if everyone is humping the shelf. Also, the only nonrape bottleneck is pretty short.

• It’s not really secret considering it’s fairly obvious. And if that isn’t the case, then zs_inn has a shitload of secret rooms.

• if you are implying that this map should not be added because its blocky and dark.
    why did you add lost faith?

• @midboe:

if you are implying that this map should not be added because its blocky and dark.
    why did you add lost faith?

Or inn and pub. They’re fun, and they look a bit blocky

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.