Garry's Mod Problem.

• Can you guys please help me? My Gmod wont connect to any server without it being a Mis-match or Missing map (Even if I already had the map). I’ve tried all of the normal things like , Restarting gmod, deleting cache, lua and addons. I’ve also tried reinstalling gmod and it didn’t work, then I tried reinstalling steam, but it still has the same problem, also I can’t connect to the Steam’s browser, Store or community page, it just comes up with this: testshell-error:. Any idea of what could be causing this problem?

• Can you guys please help me? My Gmod wont connect to any server without it being a Mis-match or Missing map (Even if I already had the map). I’ve tried all of the normal things like , Restarting gmod, deleting cache, lua and addons. I’ve also tried reinstalling gmod and it didn’t work, then I tried reinstalling steam, but it still has the same problem, also I can’t connect to the Steam’s browser, Store or community page, it just comes up with this: testshell-error:. Any idea of what could be causing this problem?

• Odd. Are you using the beta Steam UI?

Steam support came up with jack shit, doing more research.

Common Factor: Win 7 x64. Do you use this?

• I doubt an OS has to do with it.

• Just going off what I find, and what I found is that a majority of those getting this error were using Win 7. Some XP.

shut the fuck up, me.

Check dis shit out, yo

• I don’t use either of them OS I use Vista, also I’ve noticed I can only connect to the internet on Mozilla Firefox, would two web browser’s be something to do with this? I’m going to try what you suggested now but I was thinking two web browser’s could be the cause of this.
    EDIT:
    Nope, the “automatically detect settings” was already unticked.

• fuf, nevermind.

Dunno what else it is, that’s the only fix showing up. Revert back to the old Steam UI?

• No worries, I’ve fixed it, that post helped alot, something on my lan settings called “use a proxy server” was ticked on internet explorer causing that and everything on steam (including steam) to not work if it required an internet connection. But thanks for your help and support man.  :biggrin:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.