Opinions on next publish

• Take a ook at the publish queue here. What do you think of the balance changes for ZS? I tried to make it so it wasn’t a straight zombie buff but more of a way to reward skill.

• Take a ook at the publish queue here. What do you think of the balance changes for ZS? I tried to make it so it wasn’t a straight zombie buff but more of a way to reward skill.

• It will certainly be a little harder for the newer players but they will pick up that headshots do alot more damage as they play.

This update is good since people might actually try to aim for the head more to get kills rather than body shot zombies to death.

Maybe reducing the amount of damage headshots do or even increasing it could work but to me it looks fine.

• God damn, that’s some interesting stuff.

I think the zombie buff(s) are necessary, as harsh as they look on paper. Too many people are dancing around with magnums shooting zombies in the crotch like nothing, this should encourage aiming. Turret sounds damn cool, I’m always giddy for deployables. Blocking sounds very interesting, giving humans another skill to master. What’s the threshold for “larger weapons”? Is it guns or melee weapons only?

Don’t agree with the returns point change though, a couple of those are really significant disadvantages and people should feel like they’re being compensated for giving something up like 30 max health or a bunch of their base speed. Also, there’s probably going to be inherent problems with dropping ammo boxes, like the obvious “one asshole runs over and takes all of it”. Any idea how to keep it non-griefable?

New killicons and a custom ammo readout, been wanting those for a long time. Melee windup times also sound nice, I think it’d give people a little more satisfaction out of getting a melee kill, and it still helps with sledgecamping. Are melee damages getting tweaked for this?

• The changes in white, not the ones in red.

• In that case this looks like a big zombie buff, hopefully the to be done stuff will balance it out again. Opinion still stands on the returns point reduction.

I’m all for it though, I’ve played(more like sat through) a number of games in a corner somewhere and survived.

• Come on now, penalizing for everything but headshots is kinda too much.
    Keep in mind that even if you aim properly at the head of a zombie, the shots have a spread and you will probably either miss or hit in the chest. I’m okay with the new leg damage, though.

• This update seems to punish less-than-perfect aim, even though it’s hard to consistently get headshots with the large cones there are. Two suggestions that would complement this nerf by making skill a larger factor and rewarding that skill:

• Buff headshot damage
    • Make ironsights shrink the fire cone in addition to simply zooming your fov

• If zombie headshots are becoming really that important, then duckjumping as zombie needs a fix real bad.

• @Zincoshine:

Because it doesn’t already do this right?

:itisamystery:

• Dropped the bonus given by returns from -15 to -10.

Explosive damage is now 25% more effective against nails.

Nail maximum health is now 200 instead of 250.

Hitting zombies in the chest is now 75% damage instead of 100%.

Hitting zombies in the abdomen is now 50% damage instead of 75%.

Hitting zombies in the arms or legs is now 30% damage instead of 50%.

Lets see…
    Returns shouldn’t have one set point value. “Unlucky” for example, should be worth 40 points because you will be stuck with a weak starting weapon for the whole game and you will never get an aegis. “Hemophilia” should be worth 25. “Slowness” could be dropped to 10 because if you are behind a barricade, your moving speed isn’t that important. “weakness” should be raised maybe to 20. “Palsy” is fine at 15.

I thought nails health was 210… but if it’s reduced to 200, slightly increase how long a nail is able to be repaired for.

For the zombies damage, increase headshot damage multiplier to 250%. Keep the chest and abdomen % the same, but reduce the arms and legs %. Also, increase how much a zombie is slowed down when shot in the legs.

• @Zincoshine:

RdJ got over 200 points with unlucky so I don’t really know about that Someone.

Anyone can press E on dropped weapons and ammoboxes.

• I say yes. It emphasizes making better use of ammo and aim, rather than throwing bullets wildly and hoping the undead will fall in a second. I do fear this will make the undead more ‘hurr durr’ instead of using some sort of tact. More undead = more defense, making any horde fearsome. Even more so with this update. And as Hell-Met said, duck-jumping will, in some way, negate the buff towards headshots. I propose Normal/Poison/Chem zombies have no ability to jump

I agree with Someone about scaled Returns values. -15/-10 across is a bit of a gimme, especially for the more “I can pick this and it will hardly affect me” returns. If anything, Slowness and Palsy hardly affect Humans, unless they want to be idiots and run around the undead with a sledge. Those two should be worth minimal return value, like -5. Weakness is a bit of a puncher, as any hit will throw your aim around, but still nothing when half the team has health kits (Unless its wave 4. Enjoy your floating aim), and should have the -10/-15. Hemophilia is also a risky deal. No heals an entire game? It should be bumped up to at least -30. And for Unlucky, I’m not much of a shooter, but supporter, but many other are. No upgrades for warding the undead could hinder your progress of defense. -35/-40 sounds about right.Though if Returns could be scaled via how many players there are in the game (The higher the player count = the higher the return value), then that’d be even better.

I’ve no problem with the nail update, as, more often than not, there are a ton of hammer-men on the Human side. And the camera effects sound rather nice, so +1 from me.

• Lolokay. Still doesn’t affect the 5 who use it.

• If you’re smart, you’ll be behind a barricade, making slowness null. Weakness, not so much.

• I’m more worried that there are currently people who aim for the legs and torso :|

What about a wraith? they pretty much dont have a head hitbox?

• How so?

• @Someone:

Lets see…
    Returns shouldn’t have one set point value. “Unlucky” for example, should be worth 40 points because you will be stuck with a weak starting weapon for the whole game and you will never get an aegis. “Hemophilia” should be worth 25. “Slowness” could be dropped to 10 because if you are behind a barricade, your moving speed isn’t that important. “weakness” should be raised maybe to 20. “Palsy” is fine at 15.

I thought nails health was 210… but if it’s reduced to 200, slightly increase how long a nail is able to be repaired for.

For the zombies damage, increase headshot damage multiplier to 250%. Keep the chest and abdomen % the same, but reduce the arms and legs %. Also, increase how much a zombie is slowed down when shot in the legs.

The whole point of returns is to make your experience harder.

Nails idk. The maps that humans can win on there’s plenty of nails to go around since zombies barely make it to the cade long enough to do damage. Otherwise the props go down in record time because they just can’t be healed fast enough. In the current state of the game though, 200 looks good.

• @Dent:

The whole point of returns is to make your experience harder.

Doesn’t accomplish a lot when they’re hardly affecting your experience/hiding in a vent while everyone else does the work.

• Then there should be even more punishing returns for Nightmare?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.