Event - Robot Wars

• PDF Resultsheet of all battles: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BxYY3ETzQnjBN2U5MzQ5ZTgtMGJjYS00YWVkLTkzOWUtNDgxMGM3Y2E0ZWNk&hl=en

Have a look here to calculate the time to your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?day=20&month=3&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=48&p2=179

Because previous Robot Wars events ended in endless lame matches, there are some new rules in order to spice up the battle.

General Rules:

• Robots can not be built DURING the event. They must be ready via advanced duplication as soon as your match is up.

• Touching the ground outside of the arena or staying in the air for over 10 seconds will result in a disqualification.

• Time limit for a match is 5 minutes. And 15 minutes for the final. After that, the bot that remains the most controllable wins.

• You must at all times try to attack your opponent. Running away all the time will get you DQ’d.

• If you register as a participant at the beginning of the event, and you can’t come up with a bot when it’s your turn, you will be rejected as a participant in future Robot Wars events.

• If we have an uneven amount of participants and one participant does not have an opponent. There will be a 3-way battle.

Bot specific rules:

• Your robot must have 1 explosive barrel attached at, or inside it’s main body. Consider it as the jackpot. If you can destroy someone’s core barrel, you win instantly. You can not use the explosive barrel as a weapon.

• Your robot must pass the Verification STool.

• No wiremod.

• The main body of your bot must be built out of breakable props. Sawblades should only be used as a weapon and not to cover the body completely. Same for wheels.

• Your bot must have a weapon to actively attack someone. AKA you can’t build a passive bot that can only win if it is attacked.

• Don’t attach any explosives to a hydraulic that reaches to the other side of the arena. Take this as a reference: If your explosive is still attached to your bot, in any way. It can’t be further away from your own barrel core than the length of 2 Ravenholm signs. I strongly encourage projectiles and missiles. Which is now a viable way to kill the opponent since it could damage/ignite its core barrel. Remember, no explosive barrels as weapons. Butane cannisters/propane/gascans are fine.

• No invisible props.

• You can’t nocollide your bot with the world. All parts of your bot must be within the arena.(Exception for 10 second air time.)

• Robots must be made of 50 props or less. Thrusters do not count as props, wheels do.

• Robot can’t be bigger than 4 cargo containers placed next to eachother width-wise.

• Don’t use the weight stool to artificially make your props heavier.

Prizes:

First place:
    [The King]
    He won 250.000 silver and 1x “Robot_Wars_Champion” award.

Second place:
    The Darker One
    He won 50.000 silver and a gold star.

Congratulations!

• PDF Resultsheet of all battles: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BxYY3ETzQnjBN2U5MzQ5ZTgtMGJjYS00YWVkLTkzOWUtNDgxMGM3Y2E0ZWNk&hl=en

Have a look here to calculate the time to your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?day=20&month=3&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=48&p2=179

Because previous Robot Wars events ended in endless lame matches, there are some new rules in order to spice up the battle.

General Rules:

• Robots can not be built DURING the event. They must be ready via advanced duplication as soon as your match is up.

• Touching the ground outside of the arena or staying in the air for over 10 seconds will result in a disqualification.

• Time limit for a match is 5 minutes. And 15 minutes for the final. After that, the bot that remains the most controllable wins.

• You must at all times try to attack your opponent. Running away all the time will get you DQ’d.

• If you register as a participant at the beginning of the event, and you can’t come up with a bot when it’s your turn, you will be rejected as a participant in future Robot Wars events.

• If we have an uneven amount of participants and one participant does not have an opponent. There will be a 3-way battle.

Bot specific rules:

• Your robot must have 1 explosive barrel attached at, or inside it’s main body. Consider it as the jackpot. If you can destroy someone’s core barrel, you win instantly. You can not use the explosive barrel as a weapon.

• Your robot must pass the Verification STool.

• No wiremod.

• The main body of your bot must be built out of breakable props. Sawblades should only be used as a weapon and not to cover the body completely. Same for wheels.

• Your bot must have a weapon to actively attack someone. AKA you can’t build a passive bot that can only win if it is attacked.

• Don’t attach any explosives to a hydraulic that reaches to the other side of the arena. Take this as a reference: If your explosive is still attached to your bot, in any way. It can’t be further away from your own barrel core than the length of 2 Ravenholm signs. I strongly encourage projectiles and missiles. Which is now a viable way to kill the opponent since it could damage/ignite its core barrel. Remember, no explosive barrels as weapons. Butane cannisters/propane/gascans are fine.

• No invisible props.

• You can’t nocollide your bot with the world. All parts of your bot must be within the arena.(Exception for 10 second air time.)

• Robots must be made of 50 props or less. Thrusters do not count as props, wheels do.

• Robot can’t be bigger than 4 cargo containers placed next to eachother width-wise.

• Don’t use the weight stool to artificially make your props heavier.

Prizes:

First place:
    [The King]
    He won 250.000 silver and 1x “Robot_Wars_Champion” award.

Second place:
    The Darker One
    He won 50.000 silver and a gold star.

Congratulations!

• Oh my god it’s back, I love you Panasonic

projectiles and missiles.

Thank you again, destructobot.txt will reign as the King of the Wooden Robots

• I can predict there will be one who will find a loophole in the system. But these are still fun to watch.

• These rules are obviously not 100% waterproof or anything. It should be clear that you still need your common sense to participate.

• I have class at that time :fi_av_smiles_y_45:

• EDT 4PM is EST 3PM by the way.

I suggest putting in a size limit.

• If you lose several thrusters and your bot becomes hard to control (e.g. can only go backwards or only spin around.), you lose.
      I dunno, funny watching bots like this.

Just so you know, trap blades and sawblades that aren’t wheels will pretty much insta-gib any wooden parts. You should make it so weapons have to be breakable unless you want to see 2 second fights.

• No explosives on a stick: Don’t attach explosive barrels to a hydraulic that reaches to the other side of the arena. In contrary, I strongly encourage projectiles and missiles. Which is now a viable way to kill the opponent since it could damage/ignite its core barrel.
      By on-a-stick this doesn’t actually mean on a physical stick.

• Oh, I have class at that time too. Hurr

• How about props no-collided with world? I’ve seen a few of these.

• 3PM EST? I’ll probably be a bit late, but whatever. I’m only going to spectate anyway.

This should be fun.

• @JetBoom:

EDT 4PM is EST 3PM by the way.

I suggest putting in a size limit.

• If you lose several thrusters and your bot becomes hard to control (e.g. can only go backwards or only spin around.), you lose.
      I dunno, funny watching bots like this.

Just so you know, trap blades and sawblades that aren’t wheels will pretty much insta-gib any wooden parts. You should make it so weapons have to be breakable unless you want to see 2 second fights.

• No explosives on a stick: Don’t attach explosive barrels to a hydraulic that reaches to the other side of the arena. In contrary, I strongly encourage projectiles and missiles. Which is now a viable way to kill the opponent since it could damage/ignite its core barrel.
      By on-a-stick this doesn’t actually mean on a physical stick.

Ok, I took your suggestions into account. About the non-wheel trap blades, I agree. But how are players going to make their trap blades breakable?

Edit: Wait, people are telling me motors and axis’d trap blades were never allowed before. But still the verification tool allows them.

• You should clarify the outlawing of things such as cannons/prop cannons, since those can be re-used and can be set to do any damage amount.  Same with shit like dynamite.

• Not really needed since the verification tool doesn’t allow those.

• Out of curiosity, what about mounted cameras for easier control?

(I’ll be working on mine tonight, as bots are often notriously hard to control in the first place. Especially with MY crap-bots.)

• Add something about 50,000 pound wheels/body parts.

• Can we get a specific list of banned props and entities?

EG. I assume that the prop spawner and turret are banned.

• The verification tool will tell you if the specific prop is banned or not.

• Oh yeah, no motors

• can you check if the weight stool has been used?

• I’m pretty sure there’s a mass limit.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.