[WIP] zs_cliffside_stronghold

• After being so excited about how to perfectly place and subdivide displacements, like the ones used in zs_youareavirus, I decided to give displacements a second shot in a slightly less gimmicky way. So, I decided I would build a mountainous map, still allowing me to use displacements quickly and efficiently. This is that map. It looks kind of like ApocolypseNow’s dawn scenes.

It’s far from done (it uses a lot of Episode 2 models/textures, the house isn’t even filled out, and needs optimization) and I may never release it, depending on how much you guys like/hate the look. But I thought it was worth pointing out. It was a pretty small project though. If I do plan to finish it, it’ll be on my to-do list right after zs_youareavirus and zs_xen2 (which is also mid-progress).

• After being so excited about how to perfectly place and subdivide displacements, like the ones used in zs_youareavirus, I decided to give displacements a second shot in a slightly less gimmicky way. So, I decided I would build a mountainous map, still allowing me to use displacements quickly and efficiently. This is that map. It looks kind of like ApocolypseNow’s dawn scenes.

It’s far from done (it uses a lot of Episode 2 models/textures, the house isn’t even filled out, and needs optimization) and I may never release it, depending on how much you guys like/hate the look. But I thought it was worth pointing out. It was a pretty small project though. If I do plan to finish it, it’ll be on my to-do list right after zs_youareavirus and zs_xen2 (which is also mid-progress).

• Looks very nice, those switchbacks will probably lead to camping outside until wave 2, at which point the humans will probably die.

• That can’t be right…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.