Supreme Commander II

• New, cartoony graphics slightly increase FPS at a cost of detail.
    Story is tighter, but short overall.  This is due to the fact most Supreme Commander II battles are over in 15 minutes or so.  The upgrade tree I hate, as well as the Pay-upfront structure of building.  You’re shit out of luck if you want to plop down all you’re factories/turrets as a diagram before going off to micromanage battle.  No you gotta micromanage building as well.  Also, less of a focus on Experimentals / Bigs things.  A swarm of 20 upgraded units that you get in the beginning >> any experiemental.  Experimentals are also much cheaper.

Overall the battle doesn’t seem as epic, or big.  You won’t have a 2-10 hour battles ecking away at the enemy forces.

The unskippable cut scenes were a bitch to, as while playing it, final mission, a cut scene 20 minutes into the mission happened.  It didn’t engage properly, so I was left staring at th enemy commanders base in cinema vision.  Some of my fighter bombers eventually wandered over to his base, where they promptly began an endless dogfight as it seems nothing can be destroyed in cutscenes.

So I quit not wanting to have to replay the final mission again.  About to try out singleplayer.  Don’t buy this.  BLEEEHHH

• New, cartoony graphics slightly increase FPS at a cost of detail.
    Story is tighter, but short overall.  This is due to the fact most Supreme Commander II battles are over in 15 minutes or so.  The upgrade tree I hate, as well as the Pay-upfront structure of building.  You’re shit out of luck if you want to plop down all you’re factories/turrets as a diagram before going off to micromanage battle.  No you gotta micromanage building as well.  Also, less of a focus on Experimentals / Bigs things.  A swarm of 20 upgraded units that you get in the beginning >> any experiemental.  Experimentals are also much cheaper.

Overall the battle doesn’t seem as epic, or big.  You won’t have a 2-10 hour battles ecking away at the enemy forces.

The unskippable cut scenes were a bitch to, as while playing it, final mission, a cut scene 20 minutes into the mission happened.  It didn’t engage properly, so I was left staring at th enemy commanders base in cinema vision.  Some of my fighter bombers eventually wandered over to his base, where they promptly began an endless dogfight as it seems nothing can be destroyed in cutscenes.

So I quit not wanting to have to replay the final mission again.  About to try out singleplayer.  Don’t buy this.  BLEEEHHH

• I was going to get it. But the demo convinced me otherwise. It just seems to me that everything I liked about the first game, they got rid of or changed drastically.

• Same thing with Dawn of War II,

they took out blood-bath/overwhelming armies, and put in too much strategic shit no one likes to micromanage with.

• RUSE is where its at, get in the public beta.

• Ruse, meh, its alright.  The concept of the entire game is a bit dumb to me, LOL I CAN SEND IN DECOY TANK DIVISIONS or I could have just made a real tank or two and sent it in instead of working so hard on the decoy.

• Decoys provide valid tactics if used properly.
    but i just want to play the beta, not considering buy any rts games atm.

• Casual Commander II

or Console Commander if you prefer

• With 100 starting points,

+10 you can command massive forces.
    +10 artillery fuck yeah

-30 the game has been severely dumbed down and most of the unit and building variety has been removed.
    -20 most multiplayer games boil down to “SPAM AIRCRAFT”
    -20 all of the experimentals are retarded and badly designed in comparison to the old ones
    -10 because cybrans don’t look as cool as they did
    -10 because anti air turrets are fucking useless compared to a single fighter
    -10 because aircraft is overpowered

+20 -100 = -80

Result: 20/100

F+ game

• Play the original without the expansion. Much better.

• @Kenny:

Play the original without the expansion. Much better.

No. FA was and is much better than vanilla.

• Oh so you can pick the new faction and just unbalance the whole game. Have fun.

• Paper, I don’t think air is as over powered as you say it is. With my Turtle + Research strategy I’m basically invincible until I get several Noah Unit Cannons up to storm the enemies. It takes about 15 minutes to set everything up and research but I am invincible when I do get set up with tons of shields and anti-air turrets.

• Are you playing against bots?  Cause sure, it works on bots.  Why use the Noah cannon anyway?  A few nuke launchers and its over in 2 minutes when you overpower his nuke defense.

• @Kenny:

Oh so you can pick the new faction and just unbalance the whole game. Have fun.

The only OP thing is the Sera regen field which may have been fixed since the last update, though i cant remember. The restorer is also a pain in the ass, though it can be countered.

However it added loads of new units to the game, made it run better and stopped the bullshit T3 power + mass fab grids by making mass points worth more. The game is less about turtling, and more about territory control.

• They also super nerfed the Cybran. If you dont play Sera you better be playing Aion or its GG.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.