Introducing Nox Groups and Matches

• After adding in the recent cross server improvements I decided we were ready for a group system. Groups can be anything you want. You can make private chat rooms, a cool person’s club, a team, whatever. The main point though is that groups have their own score and awards. Right now I only have a /group chat command and a /groupcsc chat command but will be adding other features as well as a ranking for groups.

So about matches. Matches would be on a separate server where only members of the two groups are allowed to join. After the agreed upon conditions are met, the server goes down and whoever won are awarded group points and awards. These can be used for special shop items and rankings on the main website / in-game. I want to bring some real competitiveness to NoXiousNet.

• After adding in the recent cross server improvements I decided we were ready for a group system. Groups can be anything you want. You can make private chat rooms, a cool person’s club, a team, whatever. The main point though is that groups have their own score and awards. Right now I only have a /group chat command and a /groupcsc chat command but will be adding other features as well as a ranking for groups.

So about matches. Matches would be on a separate server where only members of the two groups are allowed to join. After the agreed upon conditions are met, the server goes down and whoever won are awarded group points and awards. These can be used for special shop items and rankings on the main website / in-game. I want to bring some real competitiveness to NoXiousNet.

• Awesome. Would the players be able to have more than one group, and will the players details be saved to the group till the next time they join?

• May I suggest the ability to message pre-set groups across servers, such as a “Sandmod” or “Admin” group.

• @Rexen:

Awesome. Would the players be able to have more than one group, and will the players details be saved to the group till the next time they join?

I think you should only be allowed to join one group. Otherwise you’re going to count player scores more than once. Also, if someone joins 20 different groups you can’t really say it’s competitive anymore.

• This group server will be used less then invite-only Teamplay.

Calling it.

• Well technically the group server will be used for all of the time that it is up since the server goes down when a private match hasn’t been set up or when one has ended.

• Will it have any gameplay extras? (other than chat) Such as, other players in your group having outlines or what not in ZS or Teamplay when on your team?

• ZS circlejerk, begin.

• more like “VETERANS, ASSEMBLE!”

• who are the so called ‘veterans’ of zs aniways ?

• nobody cares about the zs vets

i meant the vets that actually do something more than stand in a room for half an hour

• I can imagine this being used for Teamplay matches, Hell, It would be fun

• @Havoc:

nobody cares about the zs vets

i meant the vets that actually do something more than stand in a room for half an hour

Spawncamping with a sledge takes skill yo

• naw son, it’s all about that plank

• Is there a limit to how much people per group?

• There would be a preset limit of about 40 - 50.

The group servers being ‘empty’ isn’t really an issue considering they go up and down by demand.

I thought up a way to do matches. Basically you and the other group agree on something to play and the rules. Then you all get connected to the new server that was put up by demand. It’ll run in its own gamemode first. You don’t really do anything here. Only people from either group can join. Once everyone is marked ‘ready’ and the teams are even, the gamemode and map changes. Once the round is over, the gamemode changes back to the custom gamemode and points are distributed. You’re given about 5 minutes before the temporary server goes down (or when everyone leaves). Network-wide messages are broadcast when: a match is put up, the match starts, and the match results. I don’t really want to have spectating because people can give out information over Steam and VoIP programs.

• What about a sort of NoXTV (SourceTV mock) spectator thing? Record matches and stuff? Or does Gmod not allow that sort of thing?

• You should also add a customisable “Mutators” for setting up Damage Scale, Time Limit, Mana Regen Rate/ZS Weapon upgrade rate, Forbidden TP/ZS classes and such, It would add some variety to that match

• Bring back arena?
    We can have group-deathmatch/elimination!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.