Need insight on what to upgrade for my comp.

• I finally decided I’m tired of getting 10-15 fps while looking down that hallway on School or looking anywhere on Tughut. The only problem for me is I don’t know what would be best to upgrade. I’m hoping you guys aren’t as clueless when it comes to computers as me. Here are my specs from Dxdiag :

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.091208-0542)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: NC686AA-ABA a6700y
    Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9150e Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 6142MB RAM
    Page File: 2194MB used, 10279MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 3823 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
    Shared Memory: 2815 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8618 (English)

If you’re going to recommend something to me make sure it’s in the $100-$160 range, I don’t want to use all of my saved up money.

• I finally decided I’m tired of getting 10-15 fps while looking down that hallway on School or looking anywhere on Tughut. The only problem for me is I don’t know what would be best to upgrade. I’m hoping you guys aren’t as clueless when it comes to computers as me. Here are my specs from Dxdiag :

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.091208-0542)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: NC686AA-ABA a6700y
    Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9150e Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 6142MB RAM
    Page File: 2194MB used, 10279MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 3823 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
    Shared Memory: 2815 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8618 (English)

If you’re going to recommend something to me make sure it’s in the $100-$160 range, I don’t want to use all of my saved up money.

• If anything, the CPU. 1.8 GHz isn’t a whole lot, even for Quad. Everything else looks alright. But 6 gigs of RAM? Jeez.

• What, Your computer is pretty good, you could try to tune your CPU frequency up but, you don’t have to upgrade anything, just look at the configurations of it, something is screwing something if you’re getting low FPS in source.

• Garrys mod only runs on one core so… yeah.

• Get Core2whatever, being quad or dual. Rest should be fine. I have Intel Q9300, 9800 gtx, and 8 gigs of ram. I rarely ever get fps problems.

• Nothing. This isn’t a hardware problem.

• Maps that you say are good and won’t work on anymore.

• I get similar FPS in Garry’s Mod and my hardware is a bit better than yours

it’s just Garry’s Mod being a piece of shit, don’t sweat it

• Pentium 4 had HyperThreading so more like a Celeron, if your argument was valid. Why don’t you actually check your CPU usage while playing. It’d make sense if it was using an entire core but I doubt that.

• I never have framerate issues on either map, but that CPU needs an upgrade

• no

• @Dent:

I never have framerate issues on either map, but that CPU needs an upgrade

Quad core 1.8~GHz

Yeano.

• My 3.2 GHz dual core phenom II can’t possibly hold a candle to a 1.8 ghz quad core phenom. It couldn’t be a lack of multi-threading support.

The game in fact does not run better with better hardware. I was wrong.

Hold on while I force my framerate to 2 in lieu of this blatant oversight.

• @Dent:

My 3.2 GHz dual core phenom II can’t possibly hold a candle to a 1.8 ghz quad core phenom. It couldn’t be a lack of multi-threading support.

The game in fact does not run better with better hardware. I was wrong.

Hold on while I force my framerate to 2 in lieu of this blatant oversight.

Wow, how many people have to tell you are wrong, seriously?

• I believe it was sarcasm.

• Of Course it was sarcasm, but it was sarcasm implying that weapon master needs to upgrade his computer to make it run a shitty unoptimized map better.

• My hardware isn’t as good as yours but I don’t get low fps on either of those maps.

• Did the Nox forums go back in time, or am I just getting de-ja-vu?

• Zincoshine,Xccr is even worse than tug_hut

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.