[RELEASED] Spring map pack (Map pack 12)

• OK, due to the fact that all found maps that I found this week and last week failed (with one exception) the map pack is being released slightly early.

Download link:
    Filesmelt: http://filesmelt.com/dl/spring_map_pack.rar
    Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTOZJQWR

–--------------------
    Fixed/converted maps

I present you with:

zs_deathhouse

zs_deathouse is a edit/fix for a house map I found on garrysmod.org It’s a HL2 prefab but I think its general lack of rooms and small windows will produce some interesting gameplay.

• renamed from “zs_deadhouse_b1” due to duplicate name issues with 3 other maps (cs_deadhouse, zs_deadhouse_b4, and zs_deadhouse, all of which are different maps)
    • removed HDR
    • fixed issues caused by prefab
    • replaced model textures for world brushes
    • added filtered func_breakables to the hole in the roof and the hole in the wall.

zs_equilibre_v2

zs_equilibre v2 is a patch that resolves issues in zs_equilibre such as the house/displacement exploit, and the zombiegasses on the bridges as well as increasing framerate by 25%

• fixed zombie spawns
    • patched exploit camp spot
    • made map slightly less laggy (water_lod_control)
    • fixed a displacement glitch (minor visual bug)
    • changed damage amount of water from 2 to 1. (All I want is to prevent humans from camping the water, not kill them if they somehow fall in)
    • changed fox max from 1700 to 1550

zs_highschool

zs_highschool is a complete conversion of zm_tx_highschoolbeta7 that adds in a light_env, a night time skybox, gets rid of all the dumb ads and secret rooms all over the place, adds in cubemaps, and redoes the zombie and humans spawns. More improvements that I can’t quite remember are also present.

• added cubemaps
    • replaced default day1_01 skybox with new stars01 skybox and added a working light_env
    • deleted all those fucking dumb adds and floating map titles
    • deleted the huge signature brush
    • got rid of all secret rooms (couldn’t have done this without the old lua file)
    • redid zombie and human spawns
    • pakratted everything (including CSS stuff)
    • almost all func_breakables are filtered
    • more stuff that I can’t remember

zs_nestlings

zs_nestlings converts the map in the mod “Nestlings” into a ZS map.

nestlings:

• converted from SP mod to ZS
    • mobilised most large props
    • debrified all very small props
    • opened the kitchen window
    • made attic locked until wave 4
    • filtered func_breakables
    • some small things I can’t remember

zs_raunchierhouse_fixed

zs_raunchierhouse_fixed completely renovates zs_raunchierhouse by boarding up more windows, making the attic holes more natural and easier for the zombies to jump into, and filters all func_breakables in order to promote proper strategic gameplay. In addition, the lighting has also been improved. For example, the roof is now visible! And emergency lights turn on 1 and a half minutes after the power outage. The maps brushwork has been cleaned up and hint/skip brushes have been appropriately added.

• removed the 2nd ladder to the attic (zombies don’t collide with each other anymore so there is no need for it)
    • change the ladder type to CSS to make it easier to use and to prevent ladder exploiting
    • support beams in attic don’t break anymore.
    • filtered most func breakables
    • boarded up some windows
    • added lots of batteries around.
    • fixed a few zombie spawns
    • add emergency lights
    • cleaned up the brushwork (there are/were a ton of brushes inside of other brushes for no reason at all
    • applied proper hint brush optimisation
    • much more

–--------------------------------------------------------
    Found maps

zm_Print_Final_2

A large printing office.

zs_inn_b2

A large pub with a weak foundation.

zm_house_v2

tired of house maps? How about if the entire map IS a house? Lets see how you will fare with zombies already inside a house.

cs_urban_v2

Nope, this isn’t an update to cs_urban, its a completely different map.

–----------------------------------------
    Original author updates!

zm_subway_b3

The original author has updated subway_v2 (which was supposed to be named subway_b2) and the map is much better now! Better lighting, better framerates, non-linear, and no more cheap sewer camping spot!

• OK, due to the fact that all found maps that I found this week and last week failed (with one exception) the map pack is being released slightly early.

Download link:
    Filesmelt: http://filesmelt.com/dl/spring_map_pack.rar
    Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTOZJQWR

–--------------------
    Fixed/converted maps

I present you with:

zs_deathhouse

zs_deathouse is a edit/fix for a house map I found on garrysmod.org It’s a HL2 prefab but I think its general lack of rooms and small windows will produce some interesting gameplay.

• renamed from “zs_deadhouse_b1” due to duplicate name issues with 3 other maps (cs_deadhouse, zs_deadhouse_b4, and zs_deadhouse, all of which are different maps)
    • removed HDR
    • fixed issues caused by prefab
    • replaced model textures for world brushes
    • added filtered func_breakables to the hole in the roof and the hole in the wall.

zs_equilibre_v2

zs_equilibre v2 is a patch that resolves issues in zs_equilibre such as the house/displacement exploit, and the zombiegasses on the bridges as well as increasing framerate by 25%

• fixed zombie spawns
    • patched exploit camp spot
    • made map slightly less laggy (water_lod_control)
    • fixed a displacement glitch (minor visual bug)
    • changed damage amount of water from 2 to 1. (All I want is to prevent humans from camping the water, not kill them if they somehow fall in)
    • changed fox max from 1700 to 1550

zs_highschool

zs_highschool is a complete conversion of zm_tx_highschoolbeta7 that adds in a light_env, a night time skybox, gets rid of all the dumb ads and secret rooms all over the place, adds in cubemaps, and redoes the zombie and humans spawns. More improvements that I can’t quite remember are also present.

• added cubemaps
    • replaced default day1_01 skybox with new stars01 skybox and added a working light_env
    • deleted all those fucking dumb adds and floating map titles
    • deleted the huge signature brush
    • got rid of all secret rooms (couldn’t have done this without the old lua file)
    • redid zombie and human spawns
    • pakratted everything (including CSS stuff)
    • almost all func_breakables are filtered
    • more stuff that I can’t remember

zs_nestlings

zs_nestlings converts the map in the mod “Nestlings” into a ZS map.

nestlings:

• converted from SP mod to ZS
    • mobilised most large props
    • debrified all very small props
    • opened the kitchen window
    • made attic locked until wave 4
    • filtered func_breakables
    • some small things I can’t remember

zs_raunchierhouse_fixed

zs_raunchierhouse_fixed completely renovates zs_raunchierhouse by boarding up more windows, making the attic holes more natural and easier for the zombies to jump into, and filters all func_breakables in order to promote proper strategic gameplay. In addition, the lighting has also been improved. For example, the roof is now visible! And emergency lights turn on 1 and a half minutes after the power outage. The maps brushwork has been cleaned up and hint/skip brushes have been appropriately added.

• removed the 2nd ladder to the attic (zombies don’t collide with each other anymore so there is no need for it)
    • change the ladder type to CSS to make it easier to use and to prevent ladder exploiting
    • support beams in attic don’t break anymore.
    • filtered most func breakables
    • boarded up some windows
    • added lots of batteries around.
    • fixed a few zombie spawns
    • add emergency lights
    • cleaned up the brushwork (there are/were a ton of brushes inside of other brushes for no reason at all
    • applied proper hint brush optimisation
    • much more

–--------------------------------------------------------
    Found maps

zm_Print_Final_2

A large printing office.

zs_inn_b2

A large pub with a weak foundation.

zm_house_v2

tired of house maps? How about if the entire map IS a house? Lets see how you will fare with zombies already inside a house.

cs_urban_v2

Nope, this isn’t an update to cs_urban, its a completely different map.

–----------------------------------------
    Original author updates!

zm_subway_b3

The original author has updated subway_v2 (which was supposed to be named subway_b2) and the map is much better now! Better lighting, better framerates, non-linear, and no more cheap sewer camping spot!

• You should make a map pack where you actually create maps instead of fix old ones.

• Sorry, I’m still new to the mapper scene, but dzm_skybox? What?

• All it really is, is a small, 16 by 16 solid color texture that is the same color as the fog.

• Someone is all about the militia skybaucks with hdr.

• so a skybox texture with “$nofog” disabled? that’s silly.

• Here try this one. I was going to add it but it’s really laggy, has brush doors, and zombie spawns inside of buildings. http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/123638

• his steam rating is below 10

he must not be pro gamer like us  :walk:

• I would assume ignorez has something to do with FarZ Clip Plane. Or something.

• Tis why I said assume.

• Hopefully that means every attic on each map now explodes one wave 3.

• You should really compile more often.

• Zs Urban2 looks like a long trek to get to any cade the humans set up on the top floor.

• they all look like they are made by first time mappers

guess what: roofs are not made of a single concrete slab.

there is trim around the bottom of almost every wall.

the perimeter of any house or building does not even look like a perfect square or combination of squares

• As of this point we have enough decent maps “gameplay-wise”

but at some point we should probably start finding/building more aesthetically pleasing maps. And if you’re full of all this “Gameplay > Graphics” slander, then why not just steal the layouts of popular ZS maps and make a prettier version of them.

Edit: I am currently working on a few projects myself, so don’t point fingers at me.

• It’s a piece of shit like house.

• Is it even possible to have a good ZS map based around a school?

• A school is one giant twisting hallway with classrooms connecting to it.

not the best layout for ZS

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.