Zombie Survival Unplayable?

• Hey.

So recently, Zombie Survival has been crashing more and more frequently. I’ve seen a lot of people on the server so this isn’t effecting everyone, but I’ve also seen that some other people are having problems playing it. The error I usually get is something like this:

Error: Memory at [string of numbers] referenced [string of numbers]. Memory could not be “Read”.

I’ve tried starting up with Direct X 8.5 as one person suggested, but that just fucked it up more. I’m also pretty sure it isn’t my computer, as I can run teamplay fine on very high graphics settings, and I can only play ZS for about forty seconds before it crashes using minimum graphics settings.

Does anyone have any similar issues? Or advice? I’d really like to get back to Zombie Survival.

• Hey.

So recently, Zombie Survival has been crashing more and more frequently. I’ve seen a lot of people on the server so this isn’t effecting everyone, but I’ve also seen that some other people are having problems playing it. The error I usually get is something like this:

Error: Memory at [string of numbers] referenced [string of numbers]. Memory could not be “Read”.

I’ve tried starting up with Direct X 8.5 as one person suggested, but that just fucked it up more. I’m also pretty sure it isn’t my computer, as I can run teamplay fine on very high graphics settings, and I can only play ZS for about forty seconds before it crashes using minimum graphics settings.

Does anyone have any similar issues? Or advice? I’d really like to get back to Zombie Survival.

• r_decals 0 (don’t know if this still works as much as it used to, read somewhere that jet included this in zs)
    Downgrade to 3 gig of ram
    Upgrade to windows 7

Pick one.

• Lame options.

Thanks though.

• How a program designed for the Windows XP environment somehow magically runs better when it’s on Windows 7 is… kay…

He could have faulty memory.
    He could have resource issues.

• Then my copy of XP on my 2nd computer is just better than yours or something.

• When I had XP I could never go more then 2 games of  ZS without that damn error.
    So just for ZS I got windows 7 and haven’t had seen that bloody damn error since ^-^

• I’ve had Vista and have 7 and I have never seen that error in ZS before in either instance.  I first got Vista in March 08.  I never saw it on my old XP computer in ZS specifically, but then again, that was late 07/early 08 before the thing went kaput.

• It happened to me countless times, even when playing Half-Life2, I couldn’t go 1 level without crashing.

Now I have 7,

• (just my theory) The crashing happens due to having more ram than your OS supports, the engine or whatever says you have so much ram, but the OS can only use 3 gig of it (in the case of xp), Gmod tries to use/read from memory that can’t be accessed due to the limitation, causing source to crash.

• To be fair now, the ZS server is crashing so much now it is pretty much unplayable.

• Back when I had xp and 512mb ram I crashed a lot. Then I upgraded to 2.5gb and crashed less. Then I got a new computer with vista and 4gb ram and I never crash.

• @Zincoshine:

Are you dyslexic? When did I ever say it happens with all XP computers? All I’m saying is that if you do have the issue the only surefire way of getting rid of it is to upgrade to windows 7 or vista. Upgrading RAM sometimes work and sometimes it doesn’t.

FYI: It doesn’t happen with my old computer either, but that’s probably because It has a celeron D 2.5GHz processor, a geforce 7600 GS, and 2.5GB of ram.

Edit: The search bar exists for a reason you know.

Get over yourself, really.

• You’re terrible at trolling. Next time I knock that big ego of yours off your shoulder (because I will), don’t post in a fit of rage because you aren’t right again.

• Say what you will but all that matters is that I know I’m not and never will be dumb enough to suggest upgrading to a new OS over a memory violation that pops up all of a sudden that’s obviously linked to hardware or most recently installed files.

• @Dent:

Say what you will but all that matters is that I know I’m not and never will be dumb enough to suggest upgrading to a new OS over a memory violation that pops up all of a sudden that’s obviously linked to hardware or most recently installed files.

Not dumb enough? maybe not smart enough TOO suggest this.

yea take it from someone who has had this problem for YEARS.

thats right me….

• @Bloodhollow:

Not dumb enough? maybe not smart enough TOO suggest this.

yea take it from someone who has had this problem for YEARS.

thats right me….

I’ll put it in terms people like yourself can understand. Upgrading fixes* it. You can stop reading now.

And without further ado, back to terms you don’t understand. I never had this problem at all. Upgrading an operating system isn’t a fix for any bug - it’s running away from the problem. It’s obvious there’s something on your computer causing it if it’s not affecting everybody who owns a copy of XP.

• fix isn’t the right word, but sometimes I have to remember to talk to people like I’m working at a company’s tech support department (read: like the morons they are)

• @Pjpg23:

To be fair now, the ZS server is crashing so much now it is pretty much unplayable.

DOS. It’s not the same as a shitty computer.

• Zombie Survival Unplayable?

Pretty much

• I would join zs through the server portal. Now that won’t even work :(

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.