<flash> tag in chat

• Does anyone know how to use the <flash> tag? I mean what do the numbers mean? I know the first three somehow correspond to RGB color values, but I’ve seen values greater than 255 being used (in the console) and I still don’t know what the fourth value means. Anyone care to explain?

EDIT: I’ve figured out the fourth value is the speed. But I still don’t understand how you can make multiple colors by using values greater than 255 for the other three.

• Does anyone know how to use the <flash> tag? I mean what do the numbers mean? I know the first three somehow correspond to RGB color values, but I’ve seen values greater than 255 being used (in the console) and I still don’t know what the fourth value means. Anyone care to explain?

EDIT: I’ve figured out the fourth value is the speed. But I still don’t understand how you can make multiple colors by using values greater than 255 for the other three.

• I think the other 3 are red, green and blue levels.

• Yeah, I know everything now except how larger-than-255 values make multiple colors that flash rapidly regardless of the speed. I want to know what algorithm it uses.

• What do you mean “the algorythm”? 0-255 is the range of each color value, 0 being black and 255 being 100% r g or b. These color intensities are multiplied by the sine of time and speed.

• I’ve seen people use numbers larger than 255 for the first three values, which causes more colors to appear. It also makes it flash very rapidly, regardless of the speed. Try the following to test it:

<flash=2093847,9827392,782922,1>test</flash>

• Yeah because the color values aren’t clamped from 0 to 255.

• I know, but obviously there’s some pattern to what values make what colors, so I was just asking how to figure out what numbers do what. (I have a feeling it has something to do with powers of 256…)

• It’s R,G,B… the value is the amount of each color….
    http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

• facepalm Yes, I know that…  :dry:

• You can’t be "facepalm"ing because

@Zetanor:

Yeah because the color values aren’t clamped from 0 to 255.

that’s all there is to it.

Edit:
    I hadn’t noticed that you were a math major! I’m so sorry!
    Here it is in technical terms that you can understand:

Because of the variation of k over time (and, obviously, of sin(a)), the deltaCol varies from 1 to .5 for each occurrence of v. Here’s V over deltaCol:

Now if we add the decay factor (on X not on Z), we see that the oppulsion on V via deltaCol is buffered by (3π)^2 every time deltaCol is .5:

• -snip- How do I delete?

• you’re forgetting that a cos wave is a sin wave just shifted, hence the sudden stop at 255x

• But you’re excluding the 7 factors. By including them and assigning each to a different position on the chromatic circle (and on sin(a)), cos(x) doesn’t relate to the X-Decay by K.
    Look:

When deltaCol is constant (in exclusivity of K), you can’t add the decay to 0-255 because it’s not clamped.

• zetanor

LOOK

when time goes to unlimited, notice the values change

Why do you keep making everything so damn complex. I don’t have a major in math god damn

• Notice the difference between m and p in the graph.

• I’ve concidered that zetanor ,but I believe your variables are a bit off

here let me elaborate

• Oh! Sorry, man. flarn2006, please accept my apologies for misleading you. I forgot that T(0) used Ts^2 and not Ts*2.

• Here’s my summary

Please look no further

• What is this I don’t even…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.