Possible new host

• Colocrossing is offering me this to return to them. After I reported something to their abuse department they noticed I was an old customer.

Core i7 860 @ 2.8Ghz (quad core with HyperThreading + the i7 Turbo Mode)
    8GB Memory
    500GB HDD
    10,000GB Bandwidth
    Windows 2003 x64
    New York or Chicago
    $200 a month

COMPARED TO right now:

Core2Quad 2.83GHz (quad core, no HyperThreading)
    8GB Memory
    500GB HDD
    10,000 GB Bandwidth
    Windows 2003 x64
    Chicago
    $239 / month

• Colocrossing is offering me this to return to them. After I reported something to their abuse department they noticed I was an old customer.

Core i7 860 @ 2.8Ghz (quad core with HyperThreading + the i7 Turbo Mode)
    8GB Memory
    500GB HDD
    10,000GB Bandwidth
    Windows 2003 x64
    New York or Chicago
    $200 a month

COMPARED TO right now:

Core2Quad 2.83GHz (quad core, no HyperThreading)
    8GB Memory
    500GB HDD
    10,000 GB Bandwidth
    Windows 2003 x64
    Chicago
    $239 / month

• Sounds like a great deal, sure will help things run smoother.

• Why did you leave them in the first place, was it totally cost related?

• Looks like a good offer.

• @Zincoshine:

Two things:

1. singlehop has been moderately stable. Why did you leave ColoCrossing? If their customer service was worse than singlehop is now then I think it would be a bad idea to shift, especially when it comes to DDoS protection. (I remember you mentioning in 2008 that the host we were with at the time offered no protection at all and that they didn’t even give a shit about the DDoSs that we kept getting.)

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=6819.0

Search bar’s there.  Just saying.

• It was extremely overpriced and very low bandwidth for what I need. They’ve redone their prices a bit now. They still have overpriced bandwidth but they’re offering 10TB free to match my current host. The setup is basically a carbon copy except for a MUCH better CPU as well as being 40 dollars less.

• take it.

• As long as it isn’t some limited time deal they want to pull, then by all means go for it

• You’re getting more for less, do it.

• @Zincoshine:

Two things:

1. singlehop has been moderately stable.

Moderatly… It’s more or less the same with Colo.

1. I think the switch would be a very good idea if the server was moved from Chicago to New York. It means better pings for the entire east coast and all of europe.

Fuck westerners, daz right.

1. Unless I’m mistaken Gmod still doesn’t support multithreading… so how would hyperthreading…

Hyperthreading is like multithreading, in that both end in threading…

Do it right the fuck now Jetboom, as long as it’s not a timed deal.  That i7 is going to kick the shit out of the Core2duo/Core2Quad, even without multithreaded Gmod.  The speed of the new i7/i5/i3 is scary good compared to the old Core2Quad/Core2Duos/Pentium lines, in line with Moore’s law.

P.S. right now running on an i5 mobile, just cause the i7 produces too much heat compared to the i5.

• @JOHN:

Do it right the fuck now Jetboom, as long as it’s not a timed deal.  That i7 is going to kick the shit out of the Core2duo, even without multithreaded Gmod.  The speed of the new i7/i5/i3 is scary good compared to the old Core2Duos/Pentium lines, in line with Moore’s law.

P.S. right now running on an i5 mobile, just cause the i7 produces too much heat compared to the i5.

Core 2 Quad, but yeah, still a huge jump.

• I vote keep it in Chicago, for what it’s worth. It’s a good midpoint for both east and west coast players, where as NY would make it almost unplayable for the west coast players.(Well, that depends on the host, but 150+ ping is pushing it).

• That’s great and all but I’d be more concerned with having something go wrong with the box again or something.

• Yea and a Ping whit 150-200 or over 400 is not funny on Nox  :(
    I wonder why Jet dont buy one Europe Server for Europa Player…
    Then is there a reason to pay Every Month for it.  :happy:

but the 1) server sounds great because of the i7 procesor means faster restarts and map changes or ?

• its only one server =O and did u know how many Eurpeans play nox =? many ^^ UK and France and what ever ^^ many are these ^^

@Zincoshine:

I did some research, I think turbo mode means that if a game is running on one core, the other cores will shut down and the single core in the machine will self-overclock. If I am correct then it would mean that ZS will run a lot better since it only runs on one core.

woa :3 nice, that means the ground would’t eat me sometimes ^^

• I say Yes change and move to NY.

Nicatron, you seriously think that will happen; 150< ping? Psh, I get, at most, 125ms and I’m UK based. That said, I’m sure the distance between West coast and NY is a lot less than the distance from UK to chicago, so your ping wont even reach 100 never mind excede it.

• I say switch and I don’t care where the server is.

• @Pnemesis:

its only one server =O and did u know how many Eurpeans play nox =? many ^^ UK and France and what ever ^^ many are these ^^

Yeah it’s only 300 bucks per month.

• hmmm what for a Server trader?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.