Trine

• It is easily my favorite platformer. You play as a wizard that can conjure platforms, boxes and planks and levitate objects, a thief that can fire arrows and grapple, and a warrior that has a shield and sword, and you cycle between them tag-team style. It uses PhysX and a lot of the puzzles are physics-based, such as a balance scale, and you place a box on it to lift it, or you break a rope and cause a weight to swing into a wall and break it. It even has skills for each character, and items you can find in chests. Skill points are gained by collecting 50 experience vials which are found on dead enemies or hidden in the levels itself. It is entertaining to solve puzzles in unintended ways, too, such as stacking up boxes and planks to get onto a high platform. All and all though, it is pretty short.

• It is easily my favorite platformer. You play as a wizard that can conjure platforms, boxes and planks and levitate objects, a thief that can fire arrows and grapple, and a warrior that has a shield and sword, and you cycle between them tag-team style. It uses PhysX and a lot of the puzzles are physics-based, such as a balance scale, and you place a box on it to lift it, or you break a rope and cause a weight to swing into a wall and break it. It even has skills for each character, and items you can find in chests. Skill points are gained by collecting 50 experience vials which are found on dead enemies or hidden in the levels itself. It is entertaining to solve puzzles in unintended ways, too, such as stacking up boxes and planks to get onto a high platform. All and all though, it is pretty short.

• I’m not going to buy an engine

• Did I say you have to buy it?

• You forgot to mention that once the wizard gets the ability to conjure moving platforms you can skip everything in the level with them.

• I actually bought this in Steam.

I beat it once and never came back to it.

It was fun the first time though, there’s no reason to really play it again.

• Yeah, you can, but you don’t get that until almost the end of the game and I didn’t do it because it would ruin the fun for me.

• goty every year every friend

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.