Important: Nails

• Am I the only one here who thinks that nail repairing is ridiculously overpowered?

Any map with a cade spot that is far away from the zombie spawn and any map with a hallway bottleneck at some point is won 70% of the time. Why? Because all you have to do is keep repairing forever and the cade becomes virtually invincible. It’s like you have infinite nails a-la ZS 2.0 beta ammo regen.

It has come to the point where 12 year olds on the server are now starting to get the survivor title because of how easy and cheap it is to win in ZS. zs_vault106, zs_chaste, zs_xmas_lodge just to name a few auto-win maps.

At the same time, any small map that doesn’t have a hallway is impossible to win because the zombies attack through the cade and make nail repairing impossible.

Anyway, here are three suggestions I have to solve this:

A) Remove nail repairing, remove the nail per prop limit, and increase the amount of nails in the hammer from 6 to 8

OR

B) make it so you can only repair 120hp of a nail and then the nail itself can never be repaired again.

OR

C) Increase cooldown to 1.5 seconds.

This way winning will be more dependent on barricading in stages, rather than being lucky enough to be on a large map or a map with a hallway.

• Am I the only one here who thinks that nail repairing is ridiculously overpowered?

Any map with a cade spot that is far away from the zombie spawn and any map with a hallway bottleneck at some point is won 70% of the time. Why? Because all you have to do is keep repairing forever and the cade becomes virtually invincible. It’s like you have infinite nails a-la ZS 2.0 beta ammo regen.

It has come to the point where 12 year olds on the server are now starting to get the survivor title because of how easy and cheap it is to win in ZS. zs_vault106, zs_chaste, zs_xmas_lodge just to name a few auto-win maps.

At the same time, any small map that doesn’t have a hallway is impossible to win because the zombies attack through the cade and make nail repairing impossible.

Anyway, here are three suggestions I have to solve this:

A) Remove nail repairing, remove the nail per prop limit, and increase the amount of nails in the hammer from 6 to 8

OR

B) make it so you can only repair 120hp of a nail and then the nail itself can never be repaired again.

OR

C) Increase cooldown to 1.5 seconds.

This way winning will be more dependent on barricading in stages, rather than being lucky enough to be on a large map or a map with a hallway.

• Increase the nail repair cooldown to 0.5 seconds and call it a day.

• I joined ZS after two months of not playing

It was vault106

guess I’ll be taking another two months off and whoring Teamplay 2 as usual

• I made it so it repairs less health the more you repair it until it eventually stops being repairable.

• @JetBoom:

I made it so it repairs less health the more you repair it until it eventually stops being repairable.

Does the “stop-being-repairable” part cool downs after X time or is the nail permanently unrepairable

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.