[RELEASED] noxtp_hi2u3

• DOWNLOAD MAP: http://www.filefront.com/15519659/noxtp_hi2u3.bsp

DOWNLOAD SOURCE: http://www.filefront.com/15519695/noxtp_hi2u3.zip

Hi guys. Been a while since I delivered a map. No, it’s nowhere near my best quality, but it’s more of a “I want to play hi2u2 in the new NoX teamplay without that vulture bombing rapeage and with a ton of air space to fly around in” map. I totally understand if it won’t be uploaded for that reason that I touched up hi2u2 a bit in a span of 5-7 hours (mainly getting the bridge to work), but just cause I felt like it (and just to get back to the flow of source mapping), here’s noxtp_hi2u3!

I used the old hi2u2 map and worked off of that for the remake. Added a space theme to it and tons of airspace. Made both bases adequately big enough so there’s some decent breathing room for everything. There’s a floating bridge between the two bases, but there’s a catch to them!

There are blocks that fall after they’ve been stepped on a certain number of times (and they are random each game). Once they fall, the hole’s there permanently. Should make it slightly harder to use the bridge to cap. There’s also floating islands around the center of the bridge path if anyone wishes to use them.

I’m hoping that the randomobeliskplacer entity is still in existence, noted here because most of the mana sources in the entire map utilize this, except for the two default ones on each base. If not, then bummer. I’m not touching this map after releasing it again because my next map IS going to have a significant time spent on it and will be awesome (hoping), with its own theme separate from an HL2 theme (that means custom textures and all).

Here’s the map after all the tiles have fallen, and a first person view of it:

I included the source to the map so that anyone of you can mess around with it and make some changes if necessary. I’m actually worried that the bridge, even with the holes in place, might draw attention away from the ramps, and if that’s the case, then I’d rather have them removed, but for blitz, it should work anyways. CTF you’d have to push people off the bridge of they can jump over the holes. I’m just assuming, but it should hopefully be enough so that people are forced to use the ramps when the time comes. As for retro teamplay CTF, flag runners might not make the jump at all. Who knows.

If this does get on the map list, enjoy hi2u3!

Also credits for the skybox, thanks [-B-]: http://www.fpsbanana.com/textures/1931

• DOWNLOAD MAP: http://www.filefront.com/15519659/noxtp_hi2u3.bsp

DOWNLOAD SOURCE: http://www.filefront.com/15519695/noxtp_hi2u3.zip

Hi guys. Been a while since I delivered a map. No, it’s nowhere near my best quality, but it’s more of a “I want to play hi2u2 in the new NoX teamplay without that vulture bombing rapeage and with a ton of air space to fly around in” map. I totally understand if it won’t be uploaded for that reason that I touched up hi2u2 a bit in a span of 5-7 hours (mainly getting the bridge to work), but just cause I felt like it (and just to get back to the flow of source mapping), here’s noxtp_hi2u3!

I used the old hi2u2 map and worked off of that for the remake. Added a space theme to it and tons of airspace. Made both bases adequately big enough so there’s some decent breathing room for everything. There’s a floating bridge between the two bases, but there’s a catch to them!

There are blocks that fall after they’ve been stepped on a certain number of times (and they are random each game). Once they fall, the hole’s there permanently. Should make it slightly harder to use the bridge to cap. There’s also floating islands around the center of the bridge path if anyone wishes to use them.

I’m hoping that the randomobeliskplacer entity is still in existence, noted here because most of the mana sources in the entire map utilize this, except for the two default ones on each base. If not, then bummer. I’m not touching this map after releasing it again because my next map IS going to have a significant time spent on it and will be awesome (hoping), with its own theme separate from an HL2 theme (that means custom textures and all).

Here’s the map after all the tiles have fallen, and a first person view of it:

I included the source to the map so that anyone of you can mess around with it and make some changes if necessary. I’m actually worried that the bridge, even with the holes in place, might draw attention away from the ramps, and if that’s the case, then I’d rather have them removed, but for blitz, it should work anyways. CTF you’d have to push people off the bridge of they can jump over the holes. I’m just assuming, but it should hopefully be enough so that people are forced to use the ramps when the time comes. As for retro teamplay CTF, flag runners might not make the jump at all. Who knows.

If this does get on the map list, enjoy hi2u3!

Also credits for the skybox, thanks [-B-]: http://www.fpsbanana.com/textures/1931

• Now all we need is a raindance remake (without the shitty toggle door).

• Map isn’t appearing on the votelist.

• I still remember roadwars , a map with a huge mountain in the middle , and the map with the huge bridge. Anyways , hope this map gets put in.

• nice map,

now if we can fill the server, so we can sword spam and bunny hop at full capacity.

• @Blue.Frog:

Now all we need is a raindance remake (without the shitty toggle door).

yes please

• The map is on the maplist now but it’s not actually on the server so the map goes back to whatever it was just on when hi2u is voted for.

• No, that’s what you call it.

• I’m still lobbying for Roundabout on the retro server.

God tier.

• ohhh hi2u2 was that one where you spammed berserker charge, awesome.

• And vulture heavy bombers.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.