Multiplayer YouTube doesn't even..

• Well considering where ever I think is the right place to post is, probably isn’t, I’ll play it safe with Gmod General. For the past few days, whenever I join multiplayer youtube, there is no visible screen (for me anyway). Not a white screen, but just plain black like the rest of the theatre. I can see the player locked countdown though.

What I can tell you is restarting doesn’t work, flash player does work in internet explorer and i’ve tried after creating a clean gmod folder (reinstall i’d prefer as a last resort) oh and I had a quick skim through search  :happy:

Any ideas? Everytime I check I’m like “HNNNNNNNNNNG  :action-smiley-003:” and have a sad… :ohmy:

• Well considering where ever I think is the right place to post is, probably isn’t, I’ll play it safe with Gmod General. For the past few days, whenever I join multiplayer youtube, there is no visible screen (for me anyway). Not a white screen, but just plain black like the rest of the theatre. I can see the player locked countdown though.

What I can tell you is restarting doesn’t work, flash player does work in internet explorer and i’ve tried after creating a clean gmod folder (reinstall i’d prefer as a last resort) oh and I had a quick skim through search  :happy:

Any ideas? Everytime I check I’m like “HNNNNNNNNNNG  :action-smiley-003:” and have a sad… :ohmy:

• Re-connecting usually fixes this problem and alternating between youtube and the game window often lags you out resulting in the blank black screen you are seeing. If possible , can you provide a picture or video of what you are seeing?

• Do the gmod introduction videos work ?

• Well it seems to be working after all the different stuff I’ve tried, if I try to record, the screen disappears so I was like… huh? and then didn’t record and realized it’s fixed, the videos had like no sound but it seems gmod is on like 5-10% volume and everything else is 100%… Stupid Windows 7 D:< Thanks anyway but it seems to be fixed  :uglylaugh:

• @Sentry:

the videos had like no sound but it seems gmod is on like 5-10% volume and everything else is 100%…

You can disable that in your computer’s audio settings

also Youtube volume != Garry’s Mod volume.

• windows 7 has nothing to do with it

• I’m not literally blaming Windows 7, just me since I never checked anywho /thread

• I think you have to download flash player for other browsers.

• The same thing is happening with me too,except when it activates,the screen makes a white outline and a little picture shows up in the top left of the screen. I tried it in SinglePlayer and the server as well. Nothing works,I rebooted too!

I don’t know how to fix this.

:mellow:

• If you can view youtube on internet explorer, then the server usually works.

• :mellow:

I can’t view Youtube on Internet Explorer I don’t think,I use Mozilla Firefox. Let me see if I can view Youtube on Internet Explorer.

Edit: Nope,I cannot look at Youtube videos on Internet Explorer,how do I allow it to show me movies on Youtube using Internet Explorer?

• When you are trying to view a youtube video in Internet Explorer, it should say something along the lines of “You need flash player to view this video.  Click here to get it.”  Follow that link to get it.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.