Concept

• At the moment I have absolutely no idea how to use Hammer, but intend to try and learn to make a fairly basic first map.

I drew this using the tablet, forgive my shitty writing. Basically, it’s an isolated underground bunker built by some crazy person prior to the (in this case, zombie) apocalypse.

• At the moment I have absolutely no idea how to use Hammer, but intend to try and learn to make a fairly basic first map.

I drew this using the tablet, forgive my shitty writing. Basically, it’s an isolated underground bunker built by some crazy person prior to the (in this case, zombie) apocalypse.

• Looks pretty linear.

Everyone will camp the generator room or the rape-shed instantly (if i’ve interpreted the map correctly).

• I doubt, if and when I ever manage to complete this project, it’ll be a server-worthy map…that said, once I get the basic idea of mapping down I’ll work on optimizing it for ZS gameplay.

• To make a basic map is not so hard, though it can be deceptive in terms of how easy it is to make something.

If I were you, make a beginner map (ie. two connected rooms or a house) and then try and make a map. What you are proposing in this design is imo too simple. However you could complicate it somewhat by  eg:

1. Add external structures, small house, rapeshed, etc

2. Make indoors more complicated, several rooms should be used, with multiple connections between them.

• I didn’t really show the interior of the bunker, but it’d have multiple rooms and possibly hallways.

A small house/hut on the other side of the road / far from the bunker is a possibility. Either way, I intend to play around with hammer, with things both related and unrelated to this particular map idea.

I was think the generator room would have a ventilation shaft of sorts, but since it is fenced in up above it’d only be accessible to crabs and fasties.

• just a thought, dense trees or overgrown will be tough without importing some episode two models correctly, and even then people will still RSO.

• I think it should be less underground bunker and more construction site.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.