Question: New player immunity + city safety

• What is the general feeling towards this? Do new players need any sort of temporary buffs or immunities? This mod’s scale of player skill vs. character skill is about 5 to 1 so I wasn’t going to really put up a total immunity from human vs human for new players.

Safety in city / safe zone bounds however, I was going to make it so you are totally and absolutely immune to all harmful actions UNLESS you are in a clan or guild and the harmful action is coming from a person from your own or an enemy guild. The problem with this is that people could simply not join the clan and help battles in cities without any repercussions. However, I can always make it so you simply can’t perform harmful OR beneficial actions.

• What is the general feeling towards this? Do new players need any sort of temporary buffs or immunities? This mod’s scale of player skill vs. character skill is about 5 to 1 so I wasn’t going to really put up a total immunity from human vs human for new players.

Safety in city / safe zone bounds however, I was going to make it so you are totally and absolutely immune to all harmful actions UNLESS you are in a clan or guild and the harmful action is coming from a person from your own or an enemy guild. The problem with this is that people could simply not join the clan and help battles in cities without any repercussions. However, I can always make it so you simply can’t perform harmful OR beneficial actions.

• Probably a good idea to make neuts unable to take action in clan fights.

• Each city could have a sign in front of the main way in. It would display information such as the city’s name, which faction is currently controlling it and when the next siege is taking place. When the city is under siege, all of the properties’ doors are closed and locked and a portal is created next to the sign. Players that aren’t involved in the raid aren’t allowed in the city, but they can use the portal to travel inside of any house they have access to, as well as public shops.

• Also, players don’t collide with each other in safe zones if they can’t harm each other.

• Immunity for everyone but the owner clan and the clan that last tried to raid the city, also there could be chapels in which damage is dealt to the attacker rather than the victim. Chapels close and kick everyone out; from the hour before, to the hour after any raid time.

• I don’t think raids will be scheduled, just vulnerability times.

• Players who recently joined the game should get a buff where they are immune to death penalties for about an hour. And players who just joined the server should be immune to all damage but unable to deal damage for about 5-10 seconds to get to safety and get orientated if needed.

• That’s not what he’s talking about, but okay.

• yeah, it isn’t, but it should be like that as well.

• @JetBoom:

I don’t think raids will be scheduled, just vulnerability times.

Sorry, that is what I meant by raid time.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.