Dropped items in ZS overloading the server

• make it so that they all count as debris AKA no collisions with each other or with players

If possible, make them prop_physics_multiplayer instead of prop_physics as well oops, I guess they aren’t prop_physics.

Why?

See for yourself:

its like the great wall of lag on ghs_abdandon_mall, too many prop_physics piled on top of each other.

• make it so that they all count as debris AKA no collisions with each other or with players

If possible, make them prop_physics_multiplayer instead of prop_physics as well oops, I guess they aren’t prop_physics.

Why?

See for yourself:

its like the great wall of lag on ghs_abdandon_mall, too many prop_physics piled on top of each other.

• Rofl. He got like Zombie 1st, 2nd then 3rd in a split second. This belongs in the zs thread too. Fucking amazing.

• Yeah he did I wish I got a screenshot. He had 3 brains prior to the event.

• lucky bastard getting zombie 1st

• @Zincoshine:

If possible, make them prop_physics_multiplayer instead of prop_physics as well

They aren’t physics props.

• Yeah i was there and 1 chem killed 20 of us and that mas spawning of the weapons on the ground made my gmod freeze up for about 5 sec.

• The map gravity also has problems with dropped items causing lag.

• I have a simple idea: dropped items don’t collide with eachother so there won’t be any more quivering laggy masses of items. And maybe gibs shouldn’t collide with eachother. A well placed grenade can cause a lot of lag.

• Slightly offtopic: To settle the debate, he did not get zombie 1st. He only killed 10. No kills prior to the chem event. Check here: http://www.noxiousnet.com/player.php?u=26961296

• It’s all luck. He was a lucky chem who got in and was lucky someone was dumb enough to shoot him.

• Took me abot 900 games to finally get to 10 brains, and I have been stuck there for another 900. I am still all in favor of introducing the manual redeem option; This means that you ‘can’ redeem when you kill 4 humans, or choose not to, and stay a zombie. This would make it easier to get zombie 2nd / 1st.

• Like, when you get 4 brains, it doesn’t auto-redeem you, but a exit-able, flashy box comes up that says “Press F2 to redeem!” If you close the box you can continue with your zombie streak. A simpler option would be an F4 tick-box.

• that’s actually a pretty cool idea.

Wait for wave end for a safe redemption.

• Off topic, so I made another thread.

• yeah he does because, damn 1 chem did that much damnage

• Yeah it would be a checkbox in the F4 menu. Else this would be exploitable by remaining in the “redeemable state” until wave 6 is nearly over, then redeeming and winning.

Another idea would be a countdown that counts from 5 to 0; you have to decide in those 5 seconds whether you should redeem or not. This would however still would give you an advantage, so I’d stick with the checkbox in the options menu.

Should I open a new thread about this or is it a stupid idea? Nvm, didn’t read that you already had posted it.

• Zinco, most of the mass weapon piles happen in the last 15 secands of the game anyway.

• It’s not that big of a problem they can just rejoin the new game that is starting.

• The dropped weapons don’t collide with humans, otherwise I’d have many more prop kills. Also, try lowering your game setting if too many props are causing you to crash; I’ve never had this problem.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.