[RELEASED] zs_the_pub_final2

• To replace zs_the_pub_final. Everytime I play this map, people go around and break all the pre placed barricades, go spawn camp, then die. The way it’s set up now, is that humans have no way of leaving the pub without zombies breaking in. I want this map to play out like a zombie movie sort of, so I have made a few changes:

• Used a filter_activator_team on all physbox doors and func_breakables. Only zombies can damage them.

• Increased the health on all the pre placed barricades. Their health was too low to make much of a difference.

• Blocked some windows on the first and second floor. This should make the first floor able to be defended longer.

• Added a health charger on the first floor. This should help to make people want to stay on the first floor for longer.

• Added a one-use-per-30-seconds crossbow ammo crate in the basement. There arent any terrible bottlenecks so it shouldnt be a problem. If it turns out bad, I’ll get rid of it.

• Added some health vials and batteries and 3 hammers around the pub. There are a lot of entrances to defend so it shouldnt be too bad.

• Changed the gas station a lot. To make it actually defendable, I made the windows unbreakable and gave it 2 hammers. I recall zombies being able to break weapons so a wraith with patience can ruin the last resort spot.

• A couple of asthetic changes. Fixed shadows being cast on the wall, tweaked with the lighting just a tiny bit, made zombie spawn look more zombie-like, as in a broken tanker truck and a pool of shit water.

• Added zombiegasses. Hopefully this will make zombie gasses that work.

I hope this works and plays out properly.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wotwgwwqwdz

• To replace zs_the_pub_final. Everytime I play this map, people go around and break all the pre placed barricades, go spawn camp, then die. The way it’s set up now, is that humans have no way of leaving the pub without zombies breaking in. I want this map to play out like a zombie movie sort of, so I have made a few changes:

• Used a filter_activator_team on all physbox doors and func_breakables. Only zombies can damage them.

• Increased the health on all the pre placed barricades. Their health was too low to make much of a difference.

• Blocked some windows on the first and second floor. This should make the first floor able to be defended longer.

• Added a health charger on the first floor. This should help to make people want to stay on the first floor for longer.

• Added a one-use-per-30-seconds crossbow ammo crate in the basement. There arent any terrible bottlenecks so it shouldnt be a problem. If it turns out bad, I’ll get rid of it.

• Added some health vials and batteries and 3 hammers around the pub. There are a lot of entrances to defend so it shouldnt be too bad.

• Changed the gas station a lot. To make it actually defendable, I made the windows unbreakable and gave it 2 hammers. I recall zombies being able to break weapons so a wraith with patience can ruin the last resort spot.

• A couple of asthetic changes. Fixed shadows being cast on the wall, tweaked with the lighting just a tiny bit, made zombie spawn look more zombie-like, as in a broken tanker truck and a pool of shit water.

• Added zombiegasses. Hopefully this will make zombie gasses that work.

I hope this works and plays out properly.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wotwgwwqwdz

• Didn’t look at the map itself, but by the sound of it, it will be a good improvement. I especially like that idea of not being able to leave, because the spawn camping on that map was incredibly stupid since the gasses didn’t work. Another thing about that spawn camping was that since the spawns were spread out so much they would end up getting flanked and destroyed anyways. Overall I support the idea if it is implemented well.

• I put in the zombie gasses entity manually. In the previous version, there was no zombiegasses entity so hopefully it is fixed.

• I kinda hoped there would be more than one way to get upstairs, I can see a few people spawning up there, and pushing a load of furniture down the stairs blocking everyone else from getting up.

But other than that, It sounds good well done.

• There aren’t any human spawns upstairs.

• Put a shelf up stairs lol.

• There are shelves in the basement, but it is a gigantic pain to lug them upstairs with everybody knocking it over and the like.

• I got rid of the shelves. I am so sick of blue shelves.

• What are we cading with? Lamps?

• It’s a pub/motel. There are chairs, tables, beds, and lamps.

• Motels are seedier,

• @Zincoshine:

Why does ZS have so many fucking motels but not a single hotel?

motels are motorist hotels and typically the entrances face a parking lot, while entrances to rooms in hotels typically face a hallway

alexg_motel should be named alexg_hotel just because of the way it’s designed

similarly, zs_the_pub would be a typical hotel, not a motel

just about the only true motel map I can think of I don’t believe is even named somethingmotel (it’s the one where there’s a restaurant with a vent going down to a cellar and humans usually barricade in the one room in the motel itself, map’s stupidly dark)

• Is not using punctuation a new way to be cool or a new way to make me think how dumb you are?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.