RELEASED: zs_new_hope_hospital

• Not my usual style of mapping, but I’m away from my normal PC and I can’t compile as fast as I would be able to on said PC. ZS mapping only needs medium sized maps so I thought I’d give it a shot. Four days of work later and this is what came out. I’d be happy to make any adjustments gameplay wise if there’s a few issues.

Size: Medium
    Difficulty: Medium - Hard

Features include:

• HDR lighting.

• Multiple entrances for both players and zombies.

• Zombie spawns all around the map, not just in one place.

• Breakable windows.

• Plenty of props to barricade with.

• Well balanced.

• Made to work with ZS 2.10+

Icon:

Requires Ep2.

• Not my usual style of mapping, but I’m away from my normal PC and I can’t compile as fast as I would be able to on said PC. ZS mapping only needs medium sized maps so I thought I’d give it a shot. Four days of work later and this is what came out. I’d be happy to make any adjustments gameplay wise if there’s a few issues.

Size: Medium
    Difficulty: Medium - Hard

Features include:

• HDR lighting.

• Multiple entrances for both players and zombies.

• Zombie spawns all around the map, not just in one place.

• Breakable windows.

• Plenty of props to barricade with.

• Well balanced.

• Made to work with ZS 2.10+

Icon:

Requires Ep2.

• more props

• I’ll have to see how it plays first though, I’ve only managed to test it with a few people but there seems to be enough props to hold out in individual rooms for a considerable amount of time.

• @JKR:

more props

print(#ents.FindByClass(“prop_physics*”))…

Just because the props aren’t blue shelves put 1 foot away from every choke point in the map like SOME mappers do doesn’t mean there aren’t enough props.

Multiple entrances for both players and zombies.
    Well balanced.

No. There are 50 windows in this hospital and they’re all big. There is absolutely no reason to not go to the only safe place in the map right when you spawn. That spot is a room with 4 large tables and about 25 chairs. There’s only one entrance to this room and it even has a backup room to go to. The only three spots to survive on the map are the two bathrooms or that room.

• Yeah, you’re right, the chairs are a bit overkill, however they’re only relatively small props. I could do with removing a few, but as I said I haven’t managed to playtest it with that many people, no one seemed to go for that room at all so I assumed it’d be alright and most people would drag the chairs out into other rooms. If you plan well enough all the rooms are quite reasonable for surviving in.

• @JetBoom:

Just because the props aren’t blue shelves put 1 foot away from every choke point in the map like SOME mappers do doesn’t mean there aren’t enough props.

I don’t care about blue shelfs, just some of the rooms seem really bare, it could be static for all i care. Like a static computer lab or dynamic whatever

• The idea’s that it’s been abandoned, there’s not much left behind of a high value.

• Either way, try adding in some sort of cool part to the map, Think of maps out of the ordinary with objectives or just something like a generation that can be destroyed.

Try maybe making it so that if humans want to play with lights on, they have to go get like 6 fuel tanks to put into the furnace or getting 6 Batteries instead. Random spawnpoints and what not.

Just a idea, you don’t have to do that, it is not even a good idea to begin with.

• The thing with light_spots is when you give them a name and allow them to be turned on/off it screws light bouncing up on that particular light, so it all looks like you have a leak. Me and a few friends had a long think about interactive items but we didn’t think up anything that’d fit or be of any real use apart from allowing people to troll other players easier.

• Ignore JKR since he has no idea what he’s talking about and just add a second entrance or a window to the room I mentioned.

• :wallram:

Anyways it should be fine.

Question: do you have any other projects/maps you have done?

• @JetBoom:

Ignore JKR since he has no idea what he’s talking about and just add a second entrance or a window to the room I mentioned.

Yeah, I’ll see how it plays out and change it accordingly. Thanks for the suggestion.

@JKR:

:wallram:

Anyways it should be fine.

Question: do you have any other projects/maps you have done?

Yeah, but they’re not ZS maps.

• Banned

@thingshappen:

Requires Ep2.

• Just the textures though I think, I’ve tried to use just HL2 props.

• Its bugged. Vote for this map if you want to repeat the map you just finished.

• It’s not bugged. The map was added to the map list, but not the server. When you vote for a map that doesnt exist, the server loads the last map played.

• gee, this map looks an awful lot like Omega Tiger Woods  :uglylaugh:

• @nonSENSE:

gee, this map looks an awful lot like Omega Tiger Woods  :uglylaugh:

Really don’t see how…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.