Boot Set-Up Help

• I got a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R 1333 ATX Motherboard
    Basically when i start up my PC, I want to go into Boot-Setup and it shows me
    Hit "F12"
    I hit it, screen changes to a rectangle giving me a huge list of what order everything is booted.

I noticed by CD Drive is after my HDD/PC
    I want to reverse that but as soon as i enter
    If i press ESC, nothing happens
    If I press my arrow keys nothing happens
    If I hit enter to select nothing happens.

Anyway i can do it from my desktop?

• I got a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R 1333 ATX Motherboard
    Basically when i start up my PC, I want to go into Boot-Setup and it shows me
    Hit "F12"
    I hit it, screen changes to a rectangle giving me a huge list of what order everything is booted.

I noticed by CD Drive is after my HDD/PC
    I want to reverse that but as soon as i enter
    If i press ESC, nothing happens
    If I press my arrow keys nothing happens
    If I hit enter to select nothing happens.

Anyway i can do it from my desktop?

• http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ex58-ud3r_e.pdf

1. Press Delete during POST.
    2. Go to advanced BIOS features, change the boot order.
    3. Save and restart.

If you shelled out money for an X58 i7 system you should at least know your way around the BIOS. rtfm is a good idea.

• Thanks

Nevermind, I did that, but it skips my CD drive.

It’s just I am upgrading from 32bit to 64 cause I bought some ram (went from 3gigs to 6) and right now, i just want to wipe everything (cause its coming anyways) and act like its asking for a new CD like when i first turned it on.

• That’s odd, are you sure the disk you’re using is bootable/working?

• Got it to work, It never asked my about 64bit, and after wipping my partition, its still 32bit.

• I don’t see how that’s possible unless you were intending to install x64 with x86 media? Each version has it’s own disk/ISO.

• Nice one.

• Its supposdely 32 and 64 bit.

• All the torrents I’ve seen that say it’s both have had two ISOs in them, one x86 and one x64 like so:

• I just installed 64Bit windows 7 myself, pretty snazzy.

• @Duff-:

All the torrents I’ve seen that say it’s both have had two ISOs in them, one x86 and one x64 like so:

can i get a link of that?

• no that’s illegal you fuck

x64 and x86 are completely different operating systems, you’d have to go buy the x64 version of whichever one you want

• Yeah i know, i want the x64

• Luckily My dad has this thing with Microsoft where he gets 10 or so free keys for most Microsoft products.  So mine’s legit, never paid a cent.
    It pays to be the son of a network engineer.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.