[WIP] ZS_Industrialdecay

• Hello people of Noxnet, my name is Voltage.

I suppose this WIP was actually an RD map, just touched up and thrown together with boxes. It was actually a remake of rd_industrialdecay called rd_industrialhaven. It eventually became something of itself and became a remake that kind of kicked rd_industrialhaven’s ass, pretty much entirely by accident.

The map is essentially an oil depot/small water-based distribution center in the middle of a lake (I didn’t really know what the fuck the guy who made rd_industrialdecay was thinking, since it’s a random, unexplained complex on water) and there’s 9 buildings, sort of in a grid.

1: Empty storehouse and zombie spawn (A). I didn’t know about entities when I released this. I figured that zombie spawn instantly came with the gas entity but it’s suppose to have gas around this area. It’s almost totally dark and it’s pretty empty, perfect for a zombie spawn. This is simply an empty storehouse.

2: Cargo room. There isn’t much you can do here, but there is a potential to barricade and slow zombies down. There’s just boxes in this room and there are 2 floors.

3: Storage room. Most supplies, files, and shelving units are found here. This room also has a destructible metal door on the corner of the building, along with a window and vent that fast zombies could come through. Probably only defendable during the first couple waves.

4: Electronics/Utility storage room. You can find a few boxes and even a second floor that is accessible only by box climbing or getting onto the building’s roof and breaking the windows out.

5: Transference cargo shipping room. During the day time, the doors near zombie spawn (b) in the back of the warehouse can be found open. Boxes are shipped to this room and usually filled, although it’s fairly empty on this night.

6: Central conditioning and generator room. A large generator occupies the stair column and connects to the conditioning and electronic units on the wall. There are several ways out, including a locked door that zombies can choose to break down and jump over to the balcony of…

7: Communications and break room. There is a single breakable window on an unreachable second floor, along with two doors on both ends of the building. These are doorways that players can possibly barricade for several waves, making this one of the best spots to hold down.

8: Receiving warehouse. There is a small dock which zombies can swim through the water for, though lose some health in the progress. This building only has 3 exits, all which are on ground level and could potentially be blocked up and defended. There is a small walkway that players can also try to get up on as a sniper’s nest for zombies and can act as a last resort should players rely on the building’s only true advantage.

9: Server communications and electronics building. This area takes incoming queries and requests for shipping and receiving by various companies and has several entries but possibly has the best exterior advantages, including a dock, a stairway, and two extended walkways outside of the building.

Map quirks:

Due to the toxicity of chemicals, the complex is enclosed in a walled section of the lake and the (missing) crane was to take goods off the complex and drop them off to a boat to carry them to various places. These chemicals in the water also act as toxic waste to anyone that touches it, causing them to lose health should they fall in the water. They will only lose a small amount, however - jumping in the water will have its advantages and disadvantages.

The map is a squeeze in most places, but some places are very open. It’s entirely up to you to where you wish to camp and defend, but choose wisely, because running around on this map is not suggested.

BUGS!

Unfortunately, I ran into a REALLY annoying water reflection problem. When you turn on your flashlight and look around the water, you’ll see a nodraw effect happening to the skybox texture in the water’s reflection, but other things like building brushes are reflected - this is unusual and I can’t seem to fix this.

I don’t think I optimized this map very well and with that reflection bug, I have no clue how well it plays out. Just know that when I make a brush, I apply nodraw completely and then texture what the player might see, or dev textures to the player’s vision only to see if things are properly measured.

If someone wouldn’t mind decompiling the map and seeing if they can fix the reflection bug or optimize it or something, I would greatly appreciate it.

I won’t appreciate it if you butcher my map because this DID take a long ass time even though it’s a remake.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=85842

• Hello people of Noxnet, my name is Voltage.

I suppose this WIP was actually an RD map, just touched up and thrown together with boxes. It was actually a remake of rd_industrialdecay called rd_industrialhaven. It eventually became something of itself and became a remake that kind of kicked rd_industrialhaven’s ass, pretty much entirely by accident.

The map is essentially an oil depot/small water-based distribution center in the middle of a lake (I didn’t really know what the fuck the guy who made rd_industrialdecay was thinking, since it’s a random, unexplained complex on water) and there’s 9 buildings, sort of in a grid.

1: Empty storehouse and zombie spawn (A). I didn’t know about entities when I released this. I figured that zombie spawn instantly came with the gas entity but it’s suppose to have gas around this area. It’s almost totally dark and it’s pretty empty, perfect for a zombie spawn. This is simply an empty storehouse.

2: Cargo room. There isn’t much you can do here, but there is a potential to barricade and slow zombies down. There’s just boxes in this room and there are 2 floors.

3: Storage room. Most supplies, files, and shelving units are found here. This room also has a destructible metal door on the corner of the building, along with a window and vent that fast zombies could come through. Probably only defendable during the first couple waves.

4: Electronics/Utility storage room. You can find a few boxes and even a second floor that is accessible only by box climbing or getting onto the building’s roof and breaking the windows out.

5: Transference cargo shipping room. During the day time, the doors near zombie spawn (b) in the back of the warehouse can be found open. Boxes are shipped to this room and usually filled, although it’s fairly empty on this night.

6: Central conditioning and generator room. A large generator occupies the stair column and connects to the conditioning and electronic units on the wall. There are several ways out, including a locked door that zombies can choose to break down and jump over to the balcony of…

7: Communications and break room. There is a single breakable window on an unreachable second floor, along with two doors on both ends of the building. These are doorways that players can possibly barricade for several waves, making this one of the best spots to hold down.

8: Receiving warehouse. There is a small dock which zombies can swim through the water for, though lose some health in the progress. This building only has 3 exits, all which are on ground level and could potentially be blocked up and defended. There is a small walkway that players can also try to get up on as a sniper’s nest for zombies and can act as a last resort should players rely on the building’s only true advantage.

9: Server communications and electronics building. This area takes incoming queries and requests for shipping and receiving by various companies and has several entries but possibly has the best exterior advantages, including a dock, a stairway, and two extended walkways outside of the building.

Map quirks:

Due to the toxicity of chemicals, the complex is enclosed in a walled section of the lake and the (missing) crane was to take goods off the complex and drop them off to a boat to carry them to various places. These chemicals in the water also act as toxic waste to anyone that touches it, causing them to lose health should they fall in the water. They will only lose a small amount, however - jumping in the water will have its advantages and disadvantages.

The map is a squeeze in most places, but some places are very open. It’s entirely up to you to where you wish to camp and defend, but choose wisely, because running around on this map is not suggested.

BUGS!

Unfortunately, I ran into a REALLY annoying water reflection problem. When you turn on your flashlight and look around the water, you’ll see a nodraw effect happening to the skybox texture in the water’s reflection, but other things like building brushes are reflected - this is unusual and I can’t seem to fix this.

I don’t think I optimized this map very well and with that reflection bug, I have no clue how well it plays out. Just know that when I make a brush, I apply nodraw completely and then texture what the player might see, or dev textures to the player’s vision only to see if things are properly measured.

If someone wouldn’t mind decompiling the map and seeing if they can fix the reflection bug or optimize it or something, I would greatly appreciate it.

I won’t appreciate it if you butcher my map because this DID take a long ass time even though it’s a remake.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=85842

• Is the water sealed? It happens sometime when there’s a leak (Get it? :link:) in the water brush

• From the description (and the fact you actually have a game flow diagram) I have high hopes for this. We shall see.

• Thanks for the feedback guys and yeah I been mapping for quite some time, long before GMOD 10 was released.

I also have another map planned which has an urban environment and I’d like to see it added to the rotation once I think it’s complete (it REALLY needs a 3D skybox, it looks like shit without one).

I will try and find the problem though so I can actually release this map.

• Because it’s not done.

• well, it’s not released, I didn’t put an official fancy GMod link on purpose. It’s for people to download and look around, it’s pretty much a V1 with one update necessary. I wanted to release it because I don’t want my computer to crash again and risk losing this file. At least with this version, as buggy as the reflection is, it’s a release that I can decompile for later.

This thread is just here to become a “Released” in a couple weeks. It’s for feedback really.

• You didn’t test this. Zombies spawn with their heads stuck in the ceiling.

• I guess I should of explained the testing phase

Like I said before, this was for RD, and I just switched the zombie spawn into their name. I guess when zombies spawn in this map for ZS, they’re stuck, that was a pretty obvious bug on my part, but I didn’t really examine what was wrong with it, hence WIP

I didn’t start understanding ZS entities until just a few days ago and I don’t know why they spawned like that. I might of moved the zombie spawn points for absolutely no reason but I’m going to be working on this during the weekend.

but thanks for telling me that Jetboom, I didn’t notice that at all

• looking forward towards this map, the toxic waste’ish water sounds fun, fresh map means fresh exploits  :yelrotflmao:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.