Builders Thread

• This section is often dead or there is a “favourite class” thread. So, post builds/concepts/tips/etc. Because good crafting wins games.

It always depresses me when this happens:

Put a little effort into a base to make sure it takes a while before the enemy can get in…

Last few seconds go over to check out the enemies’ base.

Promotion whores welcome.

• This section is often dead or there is a “favourite class” thread. So, post builds/concepts/tips/etc. Because good crafting wins games.

It always depresses me when this happens:

Put a little effort into a base to make sure it takes a while before the enemy can get in…

Last few seconds go over to check out the enemies’ base.

Promotion whores welcome.

• Some random tips that can help you make better bases:

If you put a prop repairer on a turret but put a prop through the turret you can seal off direct damage to the prop repairer and the turret will be even more of a nuisance.

Building a prop like a box over a prop repairer can help keep it hidden and defended.

Put some thought into your setups, this entrance is setup to make sure that no invisible assassins can get in the door. They have to jump at the boxes. This build seems to whore defense kills pretty well.

You can always try to craft offensively.

Sometimes I get bored in long games…

• is placing a repairer on top of a anti projectile tower a good idea ?

• I thought prop repairers don’t work if they’re inside a prop.

Also, to your question PaperJack, any AP tower killing spells (lightning, sun beam, jolt) will kill the prop repairer as well.

• When I put them on top I usually surround them in something like stone boxes.

• Finally. A quality thread for something other than ZS.

How about some pics on how to PROPERLY set up a mana extractor. Alot of people don’t realize that they still work.

• How to properly setup a working extractor in Retro TeamPlay:

Have your target ready, capacitor/vehicle pad/core/etc. Build your extractor ghost and line it up, short side to the mana stone, long side to the target. Make sure the line to the target is green, the line to the actual mana stone will disappear and a message will tell you that they are not connected but you can ignore this.

Once this lines up, move to the side of your extractor and move it outwards from the mana stone until the red line appears and you are no longer in reach of the stone.

Now slowly move the extractor back towards the mana stone until the red line disappears. Make sure you are as close to the max distance as possible, this is just the way extractors have been working since an update a while ago. Also make sure that your target is still being pointed at with the long green beam.

Now begin crafting your extractor and it should work.

Another little tip is to keep the mana translocation system to vehicle pads low to the ground:

If you have mana aimed at the top of your vehicle pad and you spawn a vehicle, it is likely that the mana stream(s) will hit it and cause damage.

• Banned

Use 2 repairers on AP-tower.

• When making a base, I prefer to use a symmetrical design composed of: 4 AP towers, 4 anchor beacons, and 4 mana capacitors. Possibly a roof.

This design, along with a large number of turrets and an assortment of walls, practically insures a win for your team (provided you are good at placing the walls, and you have a good mana system)

• @Kolmio:

Use 2 repairers on AP-tower.

I doubt you would be able to get 2 prop repairers on 1 AP tower since you can’t have prop repairers near each other.

Assuming you’re on the merger, you can block off choke points to enemies by making props that you can jump over and an anchor beacon. It’s better than using a door because you can defend from behind it and enemies can’t get by without destroying the props. Though if the hall isn’t long enough then you can probably just sprint and jump over it before the anchor beacon gets you.

• You should have the boxes further in front, because its easier to dodge the prediction of the turrets when you aren’t in the air, so make them jump earlier

• The point is to use the anchor beacon to keep them from jumping so they would have to destroy the boxes in order to get past. If the boxes were further out then people would be able to get right behind the boxes and duck. Also, this was just a quick reference I built for the screen shot.

• I make my bottlenecks by placing two Slotted Fortress Walls side to side, with enough space in-between to place a Slim Fortress Wall. I take the slim fortress wall and raise it just high enough to crouch under. I then place turrets behind this formation.

This way, the enemy has to crouch to get in, thereby making them slower, thereby giving the turrets a greater chance of killing them.

• Or they click on and destroy the props.

• Banned

@Mechwarrior5:

I doubt you would be able to get 2 prop repairers on 1 AP tower since you can’t have prop repairers near each other.

But I can.  :naughty:

• @Beastery:

Or they click on and destroy the props.

strangely enough they never do.

• If they were smart they would use projectiles but when you throw in an AP tower it’s bonus fun.

• Whenever I build a base first I decide the purpose.
    1. Main spawn defense
    2. Objective defense
    3. Safe room
    4. Forward operating base
    5. Weapons platform
    6. Forward spawn point
    (listed from most to least props normally used)
    Balancing concealability with usability and effectiveness is a concern.  Having a big FOP makes you a big target, on larger maps it even makes sense to conceal yourself away from the main base of idiots.  Even on 4 towers having a vpad on top with turrets off of the ledge and a good resource collection system makes sense.

To kill a base, you can destroy the defenses directly or turn them off from the mana.  The mana used to be a problem until I started to build an interconnected web of mana collectors.  If you look at bases i’ve built most of the time you will see mana balls flying across the map, into the sky, behind rocks, etc.  The Vpad gets flooded with mana, all the defenses can fire at first, eventually the web nodes are destroyed, but the mana is still stored in capacitors everywhere.

Also if you got the prop count fire mines are just free money.

• Its great to have tons of mana, but not so great that turrets are easily destroyed. I feel that once turrets are destroyed, everything in your base is easy pickins. Sure, you’d still have heaps of mana to power things, but what use would an anchor beacon or an AP tower be on say, CTF? Not much. auto-turrets, on the other hand, could be the difference of life and death for the flagholder.

lol spawn a dropship

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.