Look how pathetic Microsoft has become

• they decided to copy google’s idea of drop image distribution via google wave

Also a month ago, they added an option in the windows live installer that forces the homepage of all your browsers to be bing and that the option cannot be changed. by default it was checked.

• they decided to copy google’s idea of drop image distribution via google wave

Also a month ago, they added an option in the windows live installer that forces the homepage of all your browsers to be bing and that the option cannot be changed. by default it was checked.

• But oh wait, MSN had the drag and drop for all kind of files since forever.

Also, why are you even using the their client. It’s filled with crap and some ads.

• Because you totally can’t use something like Trillian, Pidgin or Miranda which isn’t filled with ads.

• It’s been there since forever and it isn’t like google wave’s even because it was released before.

Anyway, Microsoft becoming ridiculous? Not big surprise.

• I use Trillian because I’m not an idiot

• @Kitzym:

Because you totally can’t use something like Trillian, Pidgin or Miranda which isn’t filled with ads.

Cool I’ll tell all my 100 cashual friends/work people to get those

no

• @AtomiC:

no

You don’t know how any of those work. Its just software that lets you use the services. Trillian, for example, lets you connect to networks such as AIM, ICQ, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Bonjour, XMPP, and Skype. All of your friends, coworkers, and family wouldn’t even realize you are using a different program. I used to use Pidgin(used to be called gaim), and at one point I was having 3 simultaneous conversations on AIM, MSN, and IRC.

• yup atomic just got fuckin dominated

• @AtomiC:

no

k

• Trillian is to Live Messenger what OOO is to Office.
    Pidgin on Windows is about as stable as the Source engine.
    Miranda looks okay but I bet it’s not. Well Miranda is actually better than Live Messenger.

• I stopped using WLM when the old version wouldn’t install for me on 7.  The new version is terrible in every aspect.

• @Zetanor:

Trillian is to Live Messenger what OOO is to Office.

Exactly the same.

?

• Microsoft stealing ideas? It’s always been that way since I remembered. The days of gem os comes to mind.

• @JOHN:

Exactly the same.

?

Trillian is superior, Trillian Astra is just as bad as Live messenger.
    Then there’s Playxpert that works kinda like steam so you can chat on MSN without tabbing but it lacks IRC support.   Wow, they’ve done a fuck load since I last tried it, there seems to be an IRC plugin now.

• @Zincoshine:

I think I’ll stick with live messanger, it reminds me to check my email.

And you can let it keep track of multiple email accounts.

• @Zincoshine:

…OOO is to Office." which I can’t quite decipher.,

OpenOffice.org

• Trillian Astra made Trillian actually decent shutup

all features I actually found decent in MSN 7.6-8.1 are in Astra.

• Microsoft has crappy stuff

• Yes, microsoft is so full of shit. I’m glad I don’t use or own any microsoft products cause I think it’s so bad!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.