Microsoft excel 2007

• probably the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen in my life. how the fuck do you specify what you want on the x-axis and the y-axis on this thing? it used to be so easy on excel 2000 but nothing makes sence on this version. Help please.

• probably the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen in my life. how the fuck do you specify what you want on the x-axis and the y-axis on this thing? it used to be so easy on excel 2000 but nothing makes sence on this version. Help please.

• I use open-office, and its been a while. Last i remember it’s somewhere like series, then you select the column you want for the x axis. Maybe…

• Yeah get OpenOffice.

• OO is fucking terrible.  The UI is fucking abysmal compared to both the 2003 and 2007 versions of Office and it has horrible compatibility with everything, not to mention you have formatting issues and differences abound (one of them which cost me a nice grade on my paper because the teacher thought I was simply right aligning something when I had put it in the header all along, good work making your headers line up with the rest of the document OO!)  To finish an assignment at home, instead of being able to use Publisher, I had to horse shit around with the OO program then fuck around exporting it to various programs into a PDF just to be able to SUBMIT IT.  Another time when I tried creating powerpoints in it, the backgrounds would reset to default and I would get slides randomly setting autotimers on themselves and changing one second after I switched to them while trying to make a presentation.  Failed that project because I had to go in and manually fix it in school.  As for now, I use 2003 extensively both at home, in my assignments, and at work (almost exclusively Excel at work, can’t navigate around 2003 Excel to save my life though, can’t find shit I would easily find in 2007) and have used 2007 in the past, and to be honest I would rather be using it today just because 2003 is missing some new shit that 2007 has (love the new citation creating shit that Word 07 has and how it shits out a Works Cited/Bibliography right into your paper for you instead of BSing with things like Citation Machine.)

What exactly do you mean by “specifying what you want on the x and y axes”?  I’m not quite following what you’re trying to do.  If it isn’t imperative now, I can probably walk you through anything in 2007 when I get home (and I should probably go about ordering a copy for myself or something on my free time because 2003 is annoying.)

• Get MySQL

• Change data series.

• You have to have the graph selected.

• you shouldve mentioned that you’re making a chart

• @JusticeInACan:

OO is fucking terrible.  The UI is fucking abysmal compared to both the 2003 and 2007 versions of Office and it has horrible compatibility with everything, not to mention you have formatting issues and differences abound (one of them which cost me a nice grade on my paper because the teacher thought I was simply right aligning something when I had put it in the header all along, good work making your headers line up with the rest of the document OO!)  To finish an assignment at home, instead of being able to use Publisher, I had to horse shit around with the OO program then fuck around exporting it to various programs into a PDF just to be able to SUBMIT IT.  Another time when I tried creating powerpoints in it, the backgrounds would reset to default and I would get slides randomly setting autotimers on themselves and changing one second after I switched to them while trying to make a presentation.  Failed that project because I had to go in and manually fix it in school.  As for now, I use 2003 extensively both at home, in my assignments, and at work (almost exclusively Excel at work, can’t navigate around 2003 Excel to save my life though, can’t find shit I would easily find in 2007) and have used 2007 in the past, and to be honest I would rather be using it today just because 2003 is missing some new shit that 2007 has (love the new citation creating shit that Word 07 has and how it shits out a Works Cited/Bibliography right into your paper for you instead of BSing with things like Citation Machine.)

What exactly do you mean by “specifying what you want on the x and y axes”?  I’m not quite following what you’re trying to do.  If it isn’t imperative now, I can probably walk you through anything in 2007 when I get home (and I should probably go about ordering a copy for myself or something on my free time because 2003 is annoying.)

I appreciate OO isn’t perfect, but for what i do it’s fine. I have written loads of shit in it, and never once failed a project because of it. When it comes to powerpoint stuff i do agree that the OO thing is pretty basic (although, again for physics flashy isn’t that important). The excel clone is good enough, writer is fine, anythign else i don’t use.

In any case, I am considering learning LaTeX since that is the language most of the people where i work use. That and Emacs, which is a pain.

• Honestly you have to be pretty fucking stupid and unintuitive to not instantly understand 75% of Excell.

• @Kris2456:

I appreciate OO isn’t perfect, but for what i do it’s fine. I have written loads of shit in it, and never once failed a project because of it. When it comes to powerpoint stuff i do agree that the OO thing is pretty basic (although, again for physics flashy isn’t that important). The excel clone is good enough, writer is fine, anythign else i don’t use.

In any case, I am considering learning LaTeX since that is the language most of the people where i work use. That and Emacs, which is a pain.

Yes, presentations do not work well between the two.  Emacs is a pain? Emacs the Linux writer?

• I use flash mx for my presentations

• Yes, i meant Emacs the Linux word processor. Apparently it is incredible once you learn to use it. It’s just that it’s very different from most of the windows text editors i’ve used.

• yes it is very different.  But it helps to try other linux word processors as well.  Try out vi if you want to see just how different it can get.  I wrote and coded in emacs for awhile until I learned the coolness of CodeBlocks

• Or Vim because it’s iMproved.
    Or Notepad++ because it’s more efficient.

• I use notepad++ normally. I might ask them to install it at work.
    I have the option of both Emacs and Vi(m) but i find both horrible to use.

• Vim is pretty good once you get used to it.

• I still have microsoft word 2004.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.