Obby entities and tools

• I’ve just finished fixing all the broken stools. Fan tool has been completely remade.

If you go to the entities menu in sandbox you’ll notice there’s an Obby section now. It only has the checkpoint but this one is special. If you use the prop from here then you’ll be able to color the particles and even attach it to things. I’ll release the code for these entities so you can build with them in your own server.

What other types of special things do you want? Ideas so far:
    Something to set run speed on touch.
    Something to set jump height on touch.
    Give weapon on touch.
    Strip weapon(s) on touch.
    Clear checkpoint on touch.
    Allow/disallow wall running.
    Allow/disallow wall jumping.

• I’ve just finished fixing all the broken stools. Fan tool has been completely remade.

If you go to the entities menu in sandbox you’ll notice there’s an Obby section now. It only has the checkpoint but this one is special. If you use the prop from here then you’ll be able to color the particles and even attach it to things. I’ll release the code for these entities so you can build with them in your own server.

What other types of special things do you want? Ideas so far:
    Something to set run speed on touch.
    Something to set jump height on touch.
    Give weapon on touch.
    Strip weapon(s) on touch.
    Clear checkpoint on touch.
    Allow/disallow wall running.
    Allow/disallow wall jumping.

• Shrink/Grow

• god mode disable/enable on touch
    timed godmode (you touch the thing and you got x seconds of godmode)
    timed speed-boost (you touch the thing and you got x seconds of modified speed)
    single jump-boost (you touch the thing and you can do a modified height jump once)
    ammo distributor maybe?
    npc spawner maybe?
    teamplay turret with various or customizable payloads

thing to set teams (for arenas or “team” games)
    a way to set friendly fire in teams on-off
    every special object should be able to be restricted to specific teams (ex. team 2 only spawnpoints or gun distributors )

• Jump pads, Custom Props (Might make some as soon I get my new computer) and Map settings via a prop (Like, If someone spawns obby_fogsettings.mdl and use the color stool on it you can set the fog, it’s color and intensity) and an Improved votemap system that splits the custom courses in categories (Hard Courses, Easy Courses, Puzzles, Etc)

• Vehicle spawner.

Works the same as the prop spawner.

• Xray glasses, makes all props in an small area transparent.

• People invisible totally entity.

• Field generators for gravity based obstacles. Kinda like mario galaxy.

• A stool that would make props kill you.

• @Deler$on:

A stool that would make props kill you.

Just use source physics for that.

• You mean make it so touching the prop instantly kills you? I can make that.

I’ve started on the level rules tool and entity. Right now you can set the time limit, number of winners, whether or not a whole team wins instead of one person, and even control over the number of ‘rounds’ that take place. A way to set if a team wins or an individual player wins obviously implies you’re able to setup teams so I’m doing that as well. There will be a button entity that allows you to set the presser’s team (and allow or disallow switching) as well as a touch-based entity and being able to control balance. I really want to see some levels that aren’t just climbing levels.

I may just end up converting this to Fretta and creating an editor.

• K JetBoom a little suggestion, can you make the savepoints/checkpoints nocollide by default?

• Short range grapple hook, mario boxes style, so player can swing from pipes up close and such, or to wall run(thinking of making a mirrors edge styled course)

• make an option to enable or disable team-balancing. It wouldn’t be fair if the entire enemy team was made of expert players and the other team of inexperience or shitty people

• I second the Vehicle spawner.

• @Alfie:

K JetBoom a little suggestion, can you make the savepoints/checkpoints nocollide by default?

yes, do this so that all three of my maps break and I have to edit them again just to make it so that people don’t fall

:king:

• @Alfie:

K JetBoom a little suggestion, can you make the savepoints/checkpoints nocollide by default?

How about you make them nocollide yourself?

• @JusticeInACan:

yes, do this so that all three of my maps break and I have to edit them again just to make it so that people don’t fall

:king:

Jumping off the mines is a bitch.

@Zet I don’t make obby makes lawl

• @Alfie:

I don’t make obby makes lawl

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.