Requesting removal of zs_swimming_pool and zs_lost_coast_house

• While swimming pool may look nice it is outrageously laggy and hardly playable, and its because of the stupid grass outside that AlexG insisted on keeping. you look in one direction or go to one area and the framerate is 80, you go to another area and it drops to 15 fps (lowest so far for any map run on this laptop).

Also, lost coast house needs to be removed. Apart from lagging, its just a tiny house map where the zombie spawn room is just an underground room with a narrow corridor that everyone cades with a lamp. It has the 2nd worst Z spawns in the history of ZS (worst one was zs_tunnels) and the house is too small to properly barricade. It is just a human_1st farm map like ascent_v3 used to be.

On a side note, AlexG is most likely retarded. People have been complaining about the same thing over and over, even a poll that he made showed that people care more about gameplay and performance than graphics and details and yet all he does is add more of the same things that people complain about and sacrifice gameplay and performance for the sake of details and HDR and other pointless shit that no one cares about.

• While swimming pool may look nice it is outrageously laggy and hardly playable, and its because of the stupid grass outside that AlexG insisted on keeping. you look in one direction or go to one area and the framerate is 80, you go to another area and it drops to 15 fps (lowest so far for any map run on this laptop).

Also, lost coast house needs to be removed. Apart from lagging, its just a tiny house map where the zombie spawn room is just an underground room with a narrow corridor that everyone cades with a lamp. It has the 2nd worst Z spawns in the history of ZS (worst one was zs_tunnels) and the house is too small to properly barricade. It is just a human_1st farm map like ascent_v3 used to be.

On a side note, AlexG is most likely retarded. People have been complaining about the same thing over and over, even a poll that he made showed that people care more about gameplay and performance than graphics and details and yet all he does is add more of the same things that people complain about and sacrifice gameplay and performance for the sake of details and HDR and other pointless shit that no one cares about.

• Lostcoast issues were resolved a few updates ago.  Zombies’ attacks no longer collide with other zombies (lamp gets gang raped), so no one gets zs_human_1st now, especially since the award requirements were raised.

I haven’t played swimming pool on the server, but I can’t get under 60fps(dx8) or 50fps(dx9) in single player, no matter how much grass and other stuff I cram into my field of view.  (Although, I would have hinted to pool ceiling and moved the breakable wall such that the pool wouldn’t be rendered from the zombie spawns)  But please, don’t accuse the grass of causing you’re fps loss, that’s as ridiculous as accusing the fire in fireforest of causing fps loss.

• @Zincoshine:

You clearly have some grudge against him. You called him mentally retarded, just because he prefers better graphics for his maps. Just because you make a poll, it doesn’t mean it will change anybody’s opinions/preferences. If you see a problem with one of his maps, just tell him and ask him to fix it.

• I’m pretty sure all of us have issue with balancing and optimizing, especially AlexG, who is still pretty good at keeping a map very clean looking and unique, but holy shit. This is coming from you.

The one spot in swimming_pool that causes meltdowns is reason enough, and LostCoastHouse is a big tug of war where one side is completely fucked and never in the middle. I’d rather keep LostCoastHouse, since it’s easy to destroy nails with the new hit detection, and the house can be properly defended. Even if it wasn’t, we would have to remove cabin¹.

¹. Never.

• 1. You (Zinco) said in the beta test that Swimming Pool is not affected by lag.

2. The steam is not copied from Farmhouse, and it’s much more annoying as you can avoid it.

3. I don’t take care of graphics and voluntarily don’t take care of gameplay. I simply like graphics in games, and cause we are in 2010 I can’t support more your shitty VGA. Garry’s Mod has the engine of Episode Two and me, who I have a 2-years old VGA but playing in 1920x1200 at maximum details, never lag in singleplayer as in multiplayer.

4. I don’t like your behavior, by starting this thread you have demonstrated your child side. As I said my personal opinion about a map that you fixed, zs_school (too big, unuseful conversion from CSS, desks without weight, boring corridors, blah blah) you had to complain mine for some reasons. I’m tired to be silent because if I don’t like a map someone say me that mine are shit, like if who say me this is the author of the map I was complaining.

5. The result of the poll for now is like should be for each map: some people likes it, some no:
          People who want remove LCH: 7
          People who don’t want remove LCH: 5
          People who want remove the pool: 6
          People who don’t want remove the pool: 6

P.S.: I didn’t vote and I’m not going to do it.
    P.P.S.: If someone made me moderator of this section maybe there is a reason… and is not because I’m the only active here.
    P.P.P.S.: Saying “remove this map, I don’t like that map…” is really easy, but take in consideration that I spend weeks on make one, and in the server are added maps made by people who are at their first attempts of mapping… I’m sad to see complains (also if right) on my hard works…

4th P.S.: I just read the thread where you were defending me, Zinco. What is strange is that you say that LCH is one of your favourite maps, and now you want it removed. The problem is that a map can’t change its performance with the GAMEMODE updates, so decide a position to take. Like or not, I can’t optimize the map according best to the latest updates of ZS.

• Banned

zs_school (too big, boring corridors)

Still one of the best maps.

• You have a perverse idea of what is survival horror. I mean, walking hours as zombie on endless empty corridors isn’t exactly the perfect environment for a zombie map.
    The big trouble is that you’re not unique.

• Banned

Why are you playing that map when the server is empty?

Funny thing, though… Even if lost coast house had unique details you cant really enjoy of them if you are a zombie and even if you are not a zombie the map gets boring after 5 minutes of spawncamping.

• Well Alexg you bitch at the guy who made that office map we played on yesterday. You do realise he put some hard work into it.

Who gives a shit if it’s almost 2010.

It’s funny how you think every single ZS player will have the same computer as you.

• @Kolmio:

Even if lost coast house had unique details you cant really enjoy of them if you are a zombie and even if you are not a zombie the map gets boring after 5 minutes of spawncamping.

Dumb illogic reason
    @Dark-Reign:

You do realise he put some hard work into it.

lol, building some corridors is hard… and spawning tons of milk cartons is more boring than difficult. Or, if we agree that he put hard work, that map is clearly a first attempt and can’t be added in the server like mines.
    @Dark-Reign:

It’s funny how you think every single ZS player will have the same computer as you.

My computer was new in 2007. I’m not asking a CERN computer. Then, as I said, I play with a very high configuration, and you can set at low details.
    The problem is that you are usued to maps that don’t RESPECT the graphics standards of the official game. So when you see a more heavy map, you start crying screaming “map shit map shit”

• Banned

Dumb illogic reason

And why is that?

• 1. zombies can enjoy details
    2. spawnkilling is unfair, but absolutely not boring… it gives you tons of kill and everyone like it

• @Kolmio:

Even if lost coast house had unique details you cant really enjoy of them if you are a zombie and even if you are not a zombie the map gets boring after 5 minutes of spawncamping.

@Alexg:

Dumb illogic reason

@Alexg:

1. zombies can enjoy details

I was planning on not getting involved in this, but…

Spawnkilling is somewhat fun for humans (and i use “fun” in the loosest sense of the word), it is not fun for zombies.
    I hope you realise that this game has two teams, not just humans. A good map will try and make the game fun for both.

Every time LCH comes up i pray to the gods that I will not be chosen a zombie. Because if you are, its mindless running up the stairs till wave 4/5 (at least it was when i last played it). For that reason the zombies cannot enjoy ANY details on the maps, since by the time the spawncamp is broken, the map lasts under 2 mins since it is so small. There are no alternate attack routes, it might aswell just be the zombie spawn, and flatgrass around that.

@Alexg:

2. spawnkilling is unfair, but absolutely not boring… it gives you tons of kill and everyone like it

So no, not everyone enjoys it, it sucks ass for zombies. As jet mentions in his guide for ZS mapping, humans should not want to be anywhere near the ZS spawn.

PS. I’ve seen rounds of LCH where all the zombies quit, or where zombies went AFK till wave 5

• I thought since the creation time that LCH may have had spawnkilling problems, that’s why I added an ent_zombiegases or whatever just on the entrance of the zombie room. But it doesn’t work… don’t know why.

However stop complaining the details. I like them and will be ever on my maps. Complain the gameplay but don’t say that my attention to details damages the gameplay one. I’m REALLY ANNOYED of this. REALLY.

• Noone is complaining about attention to detail. People are complaining about:

a) Lack of gameplay on LCH
    b) Low framerates on your maps

Details are fine as long as they are not highly detrimental to the framerate (which they appear to be in some of your maps).
    Do you really think that if your maps had high framerates people would complain about details in the map?

• No, but I don’t see LAG on my MAPS!!!

Then, do you think that everyone make a sketch on paper of the map to build to optimize and study the gameplay? Or they are lucky? If yes, please, tell me what should be token in consideration for gameplay, because I don’t know.

On swimming pool I planned that initially human should use melee wep on the parking lot, then barricade the main entrance and then refugee to the medical room. I’ve never had the possibility to try the map yet, cause it is always ‘recently played’, but does all this happen? What’s wrong? I DON’T KNOOOOW  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• @Alexg:

Or they are lucky? If yes, please, tell me what should be token in consideration for gameplay, because I don’t know.

Well for a start, i would approach a map idea not from a “wow, i can put loads of effects and stuff in this” but from a “players can do this and this in this area” if you get what i mean. In otehr words, think of how the map will play before you think of adding details.

Secondly,

@Zincoshine:

… I do tell him what problems there are, in fact I beta test them for him, but he does not resolve the issues I tell him about because “BUT MAP MUST HAVE DETAIL LIKE CRYSIS!”

Assuming this is true. Listen to people who beta test for you! It’s alright to disagree but if it is a persistant complaint you should think about whether anyone else apart from yourself is going to enjoy the map if you keep down the same track. If people are complaining about the framerate, then the map has a framerate problem. It doesn’t matter whether it is fine on your PC, it isn’t on others. No-one will care if the map looks nice, if the framerate makes it unplayable.

• What should be taken into consideration?

Maybe not making the zombie spawn a room with a single-file entrance that can be barricaded up before Wave 1 starts.

• @Kris2456:

Listen to people who beta test for you!

At the end of the beta test, me and Zinco concluded that the framerate of the pool was acceptable. That’s why I’m partially surprised of this topic.

Replying JusticeInACan, I quote what I said a few posts ago:

@Alexg:

I thought since the creation time that LCH may have had spawnkilling problems, that’s why I added an ent_zombiegases or whatever just on the entrance of the zombie room. But it doesn’t work… don’t know why.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.