Creating your own Obby level

• In order to kick start the open beta test for Obby, people who submit two levels that successfully get published will be getting the (I Obby) custom title as well as Gold Member for you or another person!

Creating a level is simple. Just follow the below guidelines:
    Create your level using the SandBox gamemode. Use our SandBox for updated tools and stuff or use a passworded listen server if you prefer to be alone. Do not use singleplayer because the physics are different in singleplayer than in multiplayer.
    If you’re using your own server, make sure you use the Obby walk and run speeds. In the console, use “lua_run GAMEMODE:SetPlayerSpeed(Entity(1), 250, 400)” after you spawn to set your speed to the proper values.
    Create your level on any map you want. Make sure you upload any custom maps with your level. You don’t even have to create a level made of props if the map you use already has a level!
      You need to have a button labeled “Winner”. Anyone who manages to press the button will win the round!
      Create a button labeled “OnStart” to have that button automatically pressed as soon as it loads. Very useful to start up motors, thrusters, and other things.
      No one wants to start all over again if they respawn! Obby lets you put in spawn points that keep a player’s spawn position even if they disconnect! Just place a prop with the hopper mine model (Fire Mine for you Team Play people) and Obby will use this for usable spawn points. You can also use prop_obspawnpoint in Hammer or SandBox.
      Don’t worry about players getting bunched up. Players start to get transparent when they’re near one-another and only collide with each other if one of them is holding a weapon.
      Players have one hour to complete your level. In the future there will be a way to override this but for now make sure its completable in an hour!
      Finally, save your whole level with Advanced Duplicator and upload the .txt file from your garrysmod/data/adv_duplicator folder. Make sure you give it a nice, descriptive name.

• In order to kick start the open beta test for Obby, people who submit two levels that successfully get published will be getting the (I Obby) custom title as well as Gold Member for you or another person!

Creating a level is simple. Just follow the below guidelines:
    Create your level using the SandBox gamemode. Use our SandBox for updated tools and stuff or use a passworded listen server if you prefer to be alone. Do not use singleplayer because the physics are different in singleplayer than in multiplayer.
    If you’re using your own server, make sure you use the Obby walk and run speeds. In the console, use “lua_run GAMEMODE:SetPlayerSpeed(Entity(1), 250, 400)” after you spawn to set your speed to the proper values.
    Create your level on any map you want. Make sure you upload any custom maps with your level. You don’t even have to create a level made of props if the map you use already has a level!
      You need to have a button labeled “Winner”. Anyone who manages to press the button will win the round!
      Create a button labeled “OnStart” to have that button automatically pressed as soon as it loads. Very useful to start up motors, thrusters, and other things.
      No one wants to start all over again if they respawn! Obby lets you put in spawn points that keep a player’s spawn position even if they disconnect! Just place a prop with the hopper mine model (Fire Mine for you Team Play people) and Obby will use this for usable spawn points. You can also use prop_obspawnpoint in Hammer or SandBox.
      Don’t worry about players getting bunched up. Players start to get transparent when they’re near one-another and only collide with each other if one of them is holding a weapon.
      Players have one hour to complete your level. In the future there will be a way to override this but for now make sure its completable in an hour!
      Finally, save your whole level with Advanced Duplicator and upload the .txt file from your garrysmod/data/adv_duplicator folder. Make sure you give it a nice, descriptive name.

• Does the OnStart button have to be numpad 1?

• Where does it say that ?

• http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=10742.msg186099#msg186099

Although in retrospect it could mean that he had everything bound to keypad1, and their button set to keypad5. I ask as all my stuff is bound to 5.

• yeah the button was number 5, but the activation number was 1.

• The jumps with Obby speeds (250, 400) in Single player is a lot longer than the jumps in the Obby server.

• It feels like it doesn’t it.

• No, it really is. That’s why it says use a listen server.

• “lua_run GAMEMODE:SetPlayerSpeed(Entity(1), 250, 400)”

Resets after you die. Make sure that you re-use it every time you die or add an autorun for it.

• I made a new course if any admin wants to check it out. thanks. :D

• STEAM_0:0:15338279 is my steam id, in my saves you’ll find one that says "track name"final. for any admins who want to check that course out, ask me for details on steam.

• or you could, you know, link it here or send it over sendspace/mediafire

• Considering the deadline is up. Who has got the award + gold?

• JetBoom didn’t state anything about December the 1st in the OP. ninjaeyes

I put “lua_run GAMEMODE:SetPlayerSpeed(Entity(1), 250, 400)” into my console and I don’t feel any difference from normal… I’m on a listen server so I dunno what’s wrong.I certainly didn’t feel the speeds of obby.

• Didn’t notice, but the deadline disappeared. :ghost:

• Well it’s still on the news ingame

• Simple question, but is there a way to place the winner button in hammer? Like maybe prop_winnerbutton?

• @Kris2456:

Considering the deadline is up. Who has got the award + gold?

@JetBoom:

The promotion is over.

The following have won the title and gold member for themselves or a friend. Winners can PM me the SteamID you want to give it to.

JusticeInACan
    Chubfish
    RDJ
    Blue.Frog
    Meow
    Kris2456
    Exhale
    ReXeN
    MrSavage
    Extreme56
    Deler$on
    Skiazo
    nightmare

Not to sound rude or anything, but neither the custom title or the Gold Member status has been awarded, and from asking around, it seems like nobody on the list received it either. Maybe Jet hasn’t gotten around to it or something.

• -double post-

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.