Obby open beta and promotional prizes

•   Join the beta server now!

Obby is a wonderful new gamemode based around completing objectives. The objectives can be whatever the creator wants it to be, not just an obstacle course. The best part? You can create and publish your levels with ease! All that’s needed is knowledge of how to build and save something in SandBox. That’s it, no mapping or coding is needed.

Obby is in its testing phases right now. In the future there will be custom entities and tools made just for Obby so you can create some really imaginative and unique levels!

In order to kick start the open beta test for Obby, people who submit two levels that successfully get published before or on December 1st will be getting the (I Obby) custom title as well as Gold Member for you or another person!

Creating a level is simple. Just follow the below guidelines:
    Create your level using the SandBox gamemode. Use our SandBox for updated tools and stuff or use a passworded listen server if you prefer to be alone. Do not use singleplayer because the physics are different in singleplayer than in multiplayer.
    If you’re using your own server, make sure you use the Obby walk and run speeds. In the console, use “lua_run GAMEMODE:SetPlayerSpeed(Entity(1), 250, 400)” after you spawn to set your speed to the proper values.
    Create your level on any map you want. Make sure you upload any custom maps with your level. You don’t even have to create a level made of props if the map you use already has a level!
      You need to have a button labeled “Winner”. Anyone who manages to press the button will win the round!
      Create a button labeled “OnStart” to have that button automatically pressed as soon as it loads. Very useful to start up motors, thrusters, and other things.
      No one wants to start all over again if they respawn! Obby lets you put in spawn points that keep a player’s spawn position even if they disconnect! Just place a prop with the hopper mine model (Fire Mine for you Team Play people) and Obby will use this for usable spawn points.
      Don’t worry about players getting bunched up. Players start to get transparent when they’re near one-another and only collide with each other if one of them is holding a weapon.
      Players have one hour to complete your level. In the future there will be a way to override this but for now make sure its completable in an hour!
      Finally, save your whole level with Advanced Duplicator and upload the .txt file from your garrysmod/data/adv_duplicator folder. Make sure you give it a nice, descriptive name.

•   Join the beta server now!

Obby is a wonderful new gamemode based around completing objectives. The objectives can be whatever the creator wants it to be, not just an obstacle course. The best part? You can create and publish your levels with ease! All that’s needed is knowledge of how to build and save something in SandBox. That’s it, no mapping or coding is needed.

Obby is in its testing phases right now. In the future there will be custom entities and tools made just for Obby so you can create some really imaginative and unique levels!

In order to kick start the open beta test for Obby, people who submit two levels that successfully get published before or on December 1st will be getting the (I Obby) custom title as well as Gold Member for you or another person!

Creating a level is simple. Just follow the below guidelines:
    Create your level using the SandBox gamemode. Use our SandBox for updated tools and stuff or use a passworded listen server if you prefer to be alone. Do not use singleplayer because the physics are different in singleplayer than in multiplayer.
    If you’re using your own server, make sure you use the Obby walk and run speeds. In the console, use “lua_run GAMEMODE:SetPlayerSpeed(Entity(1), 250, 400)” after you spawn to set your speed to the proper values.
    Create your level on any map you want. Make sure you upload any custom maps with your level. You don’t even have to create a level made of props if the map you use already has a level!
      You need to have a button labeled “Winner”. Anyone who manages to press the button will win the round!
      Create a button labeled “OnStart” to have that button automatically pressed as soon as it loads. Very useful to start up motors, thrusters, and other things.
      No one wants to start all over again if they respawn! Obby lets you put in spawn points that keep a player’s spawn position even if they disconnect! Just place a prop with the hopper mine model (Fire Mine for you Team Play people) and Obby will use this for usable spawn points.
      Don’t worry about players getting bunched up. Players start to get transparent when they’re near one-another and only collide with each other if one of them is holding a weapon.
      Players have one hour to complete your level. In the future there will be a way to override this but for now make sure its completable in an hour!
      Finally, save your whole level with Advanced Duplicator and upload the .txt file from your garrysmod/data/adv_duplicator folder. Make sure you give it a nice, descriptive name.

• Gold Member for you or another person!

Do I get Diamond if I make one that gets published?

• Made an easier course that is challenging for beginners.

Alan’s Paper Round: http://www.mediafire.com/?i3ywhhltmdn

• Can we use wire contraptions or phx?

• Would there be a way to set up racetracks? For example justice’s clandistine(?) track.

• http://www.mediafire.com/?3m2wzjzhmrn

Updated course. I removed the unfrozen props and added a spawn.

• @captainzaku:

Would there be a way to set up racetracks? For example justice’s clandistine(?) track.

Anything that obeys the law of “whoever presses the Winner button wins” can be made.

Can we use wire contraptions or phx?

No PHX.

• I’m a good obstacle course builder, and even though my rights have been removed a lot in the past, and I haven’t had them for a month at least, is there any chance of me getting rights again to create stuff for this server?

• This stuff can be made in singleplayer.

• Updated Alan’s Paper Round and Nightmare. No more invisible props in the paper round and just a turn around for nightmare, making it a bit easier to access and fixing a jumping bug.

Paper round: http://www.mediafire.com/?xukxxxnjent

Nightmare: http://www.mediafire.com/?znmjnkjqmgv

• I hope you assholes like some Half-Quake, cause you’re gettin’ it.

• Added a simple on-screen timer and made it so three different people need to win to end the level early.

I was thinking of a top times system. Each map has like 10 top times. In order for it to count you need to touch a special entity and then get to the end as fast as possible. Touch it again to reset your time.

• @Eisiger:

I hope you assholes like some Half-Quake, cause you’re gettin’ it.

)

how many people actually know about this mod anyway

• Anyone who actually visited Planet Half-Life 6 years ago.

• oh wow the memories

• Bridge, a colour coded memory test: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2yzcqzzznw/ob_bridge.txt
    -it’s more of a minigame, might suit this server though.

ZS Bootcamp updated: http://www.mediafire.com/?tgzciwmzazg
    A challenging course with a subtle zombie survival theme.

• Banned

Is obby based on obstacle courses only or will there be any mazes?

• Mazes could just be memorised and repeatedly beaten by the same people.

• true, could put them on for short periods maybe?

but they would have to be very challenging

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.