So what's the best Phenom II for your money right now

• there’s too many little differences for me to tell which one of these dumb things are the best on Newegg, anyone up to speed on this shit?  (I say AMD because I’m not buying a whole other motherboard just to get an i7 fuck you)

I’m probably going to upgrade this shit in the next few months just so my card isn’t bottlenecked by a shitty Phenom 9500 anymore (alternative is to build a whole other PC, I don’t really feel like dealing with that tbqh)

• there’s too many little differences for me to tell which one of these dumb things are the best on Newegg, anyone up to speed on this shit?  (I say AMD because I’m not buying a whole other motherboard just to get an i7 fuck you)

I’m probably going to upgrade this shit in the next few months just so my card isn’t bottlenecked by a shitty Phenom 9500 anymore (alternative is to build a whole other PC, I don’t really feel like dealing with that tbqh)

• Well if you do plan to get a i7, microcenter has a 3 year warranty with it and only for $200 and are located in most states, or you can ask for shipping.

That is all i can say since i don’t know much about AMD

• @AlCpwnage1337:

Well if you do plan to get a i7

I’m not buying a whole other motherboard just to get an i7 fuck you

• That really was unnecessary, he said he might build a computer soon.
    I never said he had to get it.

• AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 - Black Edition if you care.

• the phenom II x4 955 black edition is a bit cheaper and pretty much as good as the 965.

• Well, instead of a i7. what about an i5? ;)
    i5 750 is about the same price as the best phenomII and also offers better performance.

• @Gir:

the phenom II x4 955 black edition is a bit cheaper and pretty much as good as the 965.

hurp

• @Neko:

Well, instead of a i7. what about an i5? ;)
    i5 750 is about the same price as the best phenomII and also offers better performance.

Wrong, also they use different sockets and said that he didn’t want to get a new motherboard.

• I’m personally going to get a Phenom II X4 945 when I build mine, unless some prices change or whatever.

• If you do build one, you should really get the $200 Intel i7 Quad-Core 920 with the 3 year warranty of micro center, i even think they might have free shipping.

• I’m considering it. How much is the motherboard that I need to get with it?

• Gigabyte Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R 1333 ATX Motherboard

• if I got a new motherboard, it would have to be mATX, or I would also have to get another PC case too on top of the price of the i5/i7 AND the motherboard.  I’d also have to get new RAM too, since i7 is DDR3.

all to gamble to see if this fixes my bottom level FPS in gmod and related games with missing multicore (I get 10-15 fps at times even with my 9800 GT, current CPU is a Phenom X4 9500 clocked at a shitty 2.2 GHz)

unless of course someone has a different course of action I can take to solve my issue without making me spend shit just to see if it works (don’t know if OCing would fix my problem, my temps are already way too hot, 40-45C idle, 50-55C under load, no stability issues but still)

• @Arven:

I’m considering it. How much is the motherboard that I need to get with it?

If you want to spend less money get an i7 860 since the 1156 motherboards are cheaper. Even the i5 750 will kick the Phenom II 945’s ass.

@JusticeInACan:

my temps are already way too hot, 40-45C idle, 50-55C under load, no stability issues but still

wat… way too hot would be 80-100C.

• I get 10-15 fps at times even with my 9800 GT, current CPU is a Phenom X4 9500 clocked at a shitty 2.2 GHz

Maybe with Crysis on maximum settings.

• Then why is my gmod running like shit?  It’s annoying as hell to go into ZS or TP and have my FPS bottom out or go into noxbox and get 20 constant fps when there’s barely any props.  The only FPS gain I got in gmod upgrading from my 8500 was in smoke and looking at effects.  Pretty much everything else is the exact same (almost every other game bar like tf2 with random drops got a giant gain from it, though).

(if you’re wondering, I have no addons and this wouldn’t matter anyway in ZS or TP)

• well I’ve got an old AMD Athlon 2600 or something at 1.8ghz and I am pretty sure I got better framerates with a 7900gs and that and 1gb RAM

maybe you’ve just got really bad RAM or a really slow harddrive

• Post your Windows Experience Index scores.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.