Reactor

• This probably won’t change anything, but I am curious to see how many people liked/disliked reactor.

• This probably won’t change anything, but I am curious to see how many people liked/disliked reactor.

• I would like to know why it was removed.

• Banned

@Kris2456:

I would like to know why it was removed.

This is just a wild quess… but i think Jet is suffering from nerd rage syndrome.

• It was an original map, it did stand out from all the rest. but it wasn’t very user friendly, you really had to know your way around it.

• I liked it for awhile, but EVERY match was the same:
    1. Race to the top. (I can reach the 4min mark 10 seconds before wave 1 starts using shortcuts)
    2. Get to the top small room (grabbing the hammer on the way)
    3. Nail the blue shelf, green cabinet on the top.
    4. Win (only if they can get an aegis before chems)

As for zombies:
    1. Go up turbo pipe (you often get jammed)
    2. Walk all the way around to the humans.
    3. Die, repeat.

Known exploits:
    Before the top control room explodes, you can use a hammer to start a sky cade.  When it blows, nothing can reach you.

Possible improvements:
    Place zombies spawns at the top, so we don’t need to use the pipes sometimes.
    Add keycards that need to be collected to open the small room.
    Make the small top room randomly permanently sealed at map start (some low %) to inspire people to baricade elsewhere.

• I was discussing this with zinco, and you have some fair points neko.

More cade points could be added. Originally the control room was supposed to be a cade spot too, but it proved impossible to do.

The skycade issue should have been fixed a long time ago, but i was always busy, and no-one complained much.

The reason the turbo pipes are there, is that when reactor was made, i could not get the spawns to switch (something i only figured out in checkpoint). The pipes were a solution to this, and tbh if you crocuh you hardly ever get stuck.

As for zombies:
    1. Go (somewhere)
    2. Walk all the way around to the humans.
    3. Die, repeat.

This is the formula to every zs map. WHat else exactly do you want zombies to be doing.

1. Race to the top.
    2. Get to the top small room (grabbing the hammer on the way)
    3. Nail the blue shelf, green cabinet on the top.
    4. Win (only if they can get an aegis before chems)

Again, pretty much the same formula for every map. At least reactor had some running around. Also if you stayed below aand got zombie kills during the first few waves you would find it much more fun.

• Actually, there was a ledge fast zombies could go on and easily get the “exploit” humans. And it was fun being a fast zombie and sending the control room falling down.

• @Zincoshine:

I think Jet removed reactor because its the same thing over and over. back when ascent got removed I was considering making a map removal request for reactor15 because it was getting voted every 6 maps, I changed my mind after jet increased the duration in which maps cannot be voted.

Anyway, its about time that reactor be finalised and updated to today’s standards, enough betas.

Things that should be done:

• update the map to use custom zs entities instead of relying on func_breakables and timers, both of which have proven to be highly unreliable
    • Do eveything neko suggested
    • resolve all exploits, most of which can easily be solved with a player clip or trigger_push brush. I can’t list all of them, there are too many. It should be absolutely impossible for humans to reach that small room in any other way than using the yellow crane.
    • make the control room a more attractive place to cade, I know how, contact me on steam
    • try and make the lower levels of the map a more attractive place to cade. hint: health chargers are magnetic to living flesh
    • remove the song that plays when someone goes up to where the explosives are and raise the volume of the other one to 10.
    • remove all health vials and shit from the top room and replace the health charger in the control room with 2 health kits.

Its gonna need quite a bit of work but hey, what do you have to lose? As I said on the server: relax.

subversive_part4 has that large vent that humans skycade up to every round (they aren’t supposed to be able to get into it). All I need to do is add 4 filtered trigger_push brushes and that will be resolved so I’m gonna seek permission from stelk and do just that in the future.

• It kinda defeats the point in being banned if you talk through people anyway.

• I find his advice useful.
    So stay on topic please.
    A lot of the problems i think are caused because when i made reactor it was pretty much my first map. With the new zs entities it could be possible to fix a whole bunch of gameplay issues as mentioned.

Also i find the idea that a map should be removed because “it is played too much” quite possibly the dumbest thing I’ve heard.
    If it is being played a lot it means people like it. It’s the same thing as saying de_dust should be removed because people play it all the time. Ways of preventing the same map being played are adding better maps to the rotation. If people have a wider choice of GOOD maps (and not random zm maps which often don’t even work with zs) then the play time will be spread over them. If any map that becomes too popular gets removed, then you will have a maplist containing absolute crap.

• It’s a shit map. Will not accept any future versions.

• I liked it even though it played the same.
    :P

• Banned

@JetBoom:

It’s a shit map. Will not accept any future versions.

Could you JetBoom tell us why it’s shit?

• @Alexg:

IMO editing maps too much ruins the map’s gameplay entirely. Apparently a map is only deemed good if humans win 0/100 times.

• Wasn’t this thread locked?

• Now it is.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.